RW
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 28, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
JK123
burns should be 91
sabres1108 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 11:25 p.m.
I'm offended that there is no barzal
Aug. 29, 2018 at 11:26 a.m.
mothariah
Quoting: linehan10
I'm offended that there is no barzal

The kid had one good year and you think he is the next #99? Settle down.
sabres1108 liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: mothariah

he also had more points than like half of this list
Aug. 29, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
mothariah
he also had more points than like half of this list

Yes. He did have more points than all the goalies on this list.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 4:08 p.m.
Yes. He did have more points than all the goalies on this list.

give me barzal over kuzy, getzlaf, eichel, and a bunch of others any day. Simple phrase: if you don't perform as well as a certain player, you're not better than that player
Aug. 30, 2018 at 7:56 a.m.
mothariah
give me barzal over kuzy, getzlaf, eichel, and a bunch of others any day. Simple phrase: if you don't perform as well as a certain player, you're not better than that player

Okay, so you're saying you want a player who had a bunch of points, looked honestly below average in his own zone, and couldn't help his team make the playoffs over Evgeni Kuznetsov, who really should have won the Conn Smythe this year?

Barzal could lead the NHL in scoring. That doesn't mean he's the best player. FACT. Connor McDavid lead the league in scoring. He didn't win the Hart. You know who once won the Art Ross? Jamie Benn. Would you call him the best player in the league? Hell no. He's a great player, don't get me wrong. Probably on of the top 10 wingers in the league right now. But he is NOT the best player in the league.

Get a grip and lose your hometown bias towards Barzal. Prove to me he can play at that elite level without a superstar ahead of him on the depth chart, and for more than just one year.

Barzal is a good player, and he will probably be a great player for a long time. But settle down. He has a lot to prove yet.
sabres1108 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 8:21 a.m.
Okay, so you're saying you want a player who had a bunch of points, looked honestly below average in his own zone, and couldn't help his team make the playoffs over Evgeni Kuznetsov, who really should have won the Conn Smythe this year?

Barzal could lead the NHL in scoring. That doesn't mean he's the best player. FACT. Connor McDavid lead the league in scoring. He didn't win the Hart. You know who once won the Art Ross? Jamie Benn. Would you call him the best player in the league? Hell no. He's a great player, don't get me wrong. Probably on of the top 10 wingers in the league right now. But he is NOT the best player in the league.

Get a grip and lose your hometown bias towards Barzal. Prove to me he can play at that elite level without a superstar ahead of him on the depth chart, and for more than just one year.

Barzal is a good player, and he will probably be a great player for a long time. But settle down. He has a lot to prove yet.

Kuznetsov now had four seasons under his belt, and skates with arguably the greatest sniper ever. Only this year did he record 80 points, but he has still not yet recorded 85. He also skated behind Backstrom for a few years - he didn't record 80 points then either. Bias or not, its arrogant to say Barzal isn't a star, if not a superstar. To rank him behind Getzlaf? Well, thats just ludicrous.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 9:02 a.m.
mothariah
Kuznetsov now had four seasons under his belt, and skates with arguably the greatest sniper ever. Only this year did he record 80 points, but he has still not yet recorded 85. He also skated behind Backstrom for a few years - he didn't record 80 points then either. Bias or not, its arrogant to say Barzal isn't a star, if not a superstar. To rank him behind Getzlaf? Well, thats just ludicrous.

Getzlaf, who had 61 points in 56 games last year, and had a better point/game number than Barzal. Getzlaf, who 875 points in 917 games in his NHL career. Getzlaf, who has won a Stanley Cup. Getzlaf, who has won TWO Olympic Gold Medals.

Yeah, Barzal is SO much better.

Let me know how things are going when Barzal has 50 points at the end of the year. I never said he wasn't a good player, and he will be a superstar in this league.

You act like offensive numbers are the only thing that matter. Who gave up the most goals last year? Oh, the Islanders. So he got 85 points last year. Great. Good for him. What else did he do? Well, he was a +1, so he was on the ice for a lot of goals against then, if he was on the ice for 85+ goals. That's simple math. He also ONLY won 42% of his faceoffs. Okay, the kid can put pucks in the net. He obviously has a lot of other things to work on. Settle down.
sabres1108 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.
Okay, so you're saying you want a player who had a bunch of points, looked honestly below average in his own zone, and couldn't help his team make the playoffs over Evgeni Kuznetsov, who really should have won the Conn Smythe

barzal over Eichel hahahahahaha

linehan10 according to your awful logic David Perron is better than Joe Pavelski, Filip Forsberg, Anders Lee, Nikolaj Ehlers lol

you just simply dont know hockey if you think Barzal is already a top 50 player in the league he had one good year in the league. now if he continues to produce at the same
level he did last year without tavares eating all the tough minutes then yeah he will be on the list next year. but he needs to get better defensively and show he can be a top line guy before hes jumping guys like getzlaf who have already shown they can.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 12:41 p.m.
Quoting: sabres1108
barzal over Eichel hahahahahaha

linehan10 according to your awful logic David Perron is better than Joe Pavelski, Filip Forsberg, Anders Lee, Nikolaj Ehlers lol

you just simply dont know hockey if you think Barzal is already a top 50 player in the league he had one good year in the league. now if he continues to produce at the same
level he did last year without tavares eating all the tough minutes then yeah he will be on the list next year. but he needs to get better defensively and show he can be a top line guy before hes jumping guys like getzlaf who have already shown they can.

Getzlaf, who had 61 points in 56 games last year, and had a better point/game number than Barzal. Getzlaf, who 875 points in 917 games in his NHL career. Getzlaf, who has won a Stanley Cup. Getzlaf, who has won TWO Olympic Gold Medals.

Yeah, Barzal is SO much better.

Let me know how things are going when Barzal has 50 points at the end of the year. I never said he wasn't a good player, and he will be a superstar in this league.

You act like offensive numbers are the only thing that matter. Who gave up the most goals last year? Oh, the Islanders. So he got 85 points last year. Great. Good for him. What else did he do? Well, he was a +1, so he was on the ice for a lot of goals against then, if he was on the ice for 85+ goals. That's simple math. He also ONLY won 42% of his faceoffs. Okay, the kid can put pucks in the net. He obviously has a lot of other things to work on. Settle down.

Im thrilled you brought up +/-. Barzal was a +1 on the worst defensive team in hockey - Eichel was a -25 in only 67 games. +/- is the worst way to tell how good a player is defensively. John Tavares was a -12 and got Selke Votes. Ryan O'Reilly was a -23 and finished tenth in Selke voting. See how pointless that is?

I'll give you Getzlaf. I didn't realize he played in so few games. Eichel I will not. He's never been a PPG, ever. You can't really bring up how bad the team around him has been either, because the Islanders were historically bad last season, as you pointed out. Barzal makes everybody around him better, including after thoughts like Andrew Ladd. He is elite, and is a top-50 player in the league.

Also, your "tough minutes" argument is foolish. He got PP1 time and even centered the top line in multiple games towards the end of the season. In some of those games, Tavares was on his wing. So essentially what I'm saying is, if you're going to get him for ridiculous things like a barely positive +/- or the fact that he was a rookie, then you need to hold everyone accountable.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 1:14 p.m.
Im thrilled you brought up +/-. Barzal was a +1 on the worst defensive team in hockey - Eichel was a -25 in only 67 games. +/- is the worst way to tell how good a player is defensively. John Tavares was a -12 and got Selke Votes. Ryan O'Reilly was a -23 and finished tenth in Selke voting. See how pointless that is?

I'll give you Getzlaf. I didn't realize he played in so few games. Eichel I will not. He's never been a PPG, ever. You can't really bring up how bad the team around him has been either, because the Islanders were historically bad last season, as you pointed out. Barzal makes everybody around him better, including after thoughts like Andrew Ladd. He is elite, and is a top-50 player in the league.

Also, your "tough minutes" argument is foolish. He got PP1 time and even centered the top line in multiple games towards the end of the season. In some of those games, Tavares was on his wing. So essentially what I'm saying is, if you're going to get him for ridiculous things like a barely positive +/- or the fact that he was a rookie, then you need to hold everyone accountable.

dude you are so in denial....you could ask 50 NHL execs/scouts if they would rather have Eichel or Barzal and id be willing to bet 49 of em would take Jack . the one that wouldnt prolly and islanders scout ?
Aug. 30, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
Edited Aug. 30, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
dude you are so in denial....you could ask 50 NHL execs/scouts if they would rather have Eichel or Barzal and id be willing to bet 49 of em would take Jack . the one that wouldnt prolly and islanders scout ?

Your logic that Eichel is better than Barzal is in your head. You cannot seem to grasp that Barzal has simply had better stats in one season than Eichel has ever had in three tries. If you asked scouts would you rather have a rookie point per game player or a third year not point per game forward who can’t stay healthy, I guarantee all 50 would take the former, including buffalo scouts.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.

Your logic that Eichel is better than Barzal is in your head. You cannot seem to grasp that Barzal has simply had better stats in one season than Eichel has ever had in three tries. If you asked scouts would you rather have a rookie point per game player or a third year not point per game forward who can’t stay healthy, I guarantee all 50 would take the former, including buffalo scouts

Dude eichel was .96 ppg last season calm down barzal is not better than eichel. There is a reason 2015 was the McDavid/Eichel draft not McDavid/Barzal draft. He dropped past top 10 because he is all offense. Eichel is just as good offensively but is bigger, stronger and much better in his own end. It’s ridiculous to think that one good rookie season playing easy minutes behind JT (haha btw) makes him better than Jack Eichel. oh and Eichel had 3 more goals than barzal did in 15 less games with 35 y.o jason pominville passing him the puck. I guarantee you Eichel puts up more points than Barzal this season while also playing a lot better defensively
Aug. 30, 2018 at 4:55 p.m.

It's honestly like you refuse to acknowledge any of my points about tough minutes. And its as if Eichel scoring more goals is better than Barzal getting a considerable more amount of points? Should we give Anders Lee the Hart instead of McDavid next season? Anyway, I have a few takeaways from this 'argument' here:

1. Eichel seems to be better cause his name is more recognizable
2. Barzal was playing "easy minutes" as a top six forward in the NHL, including about a 60/20 split between second line-first line, and is ROOKIE god forbid

Just because he only has one year of competition under his belt, doesn't actually mean that he doesn't deserve recognition.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 6:14 p.m.
It's honestly like you refuse to acknowledge any of my points about tough minutes. And its as if Eichel scoring more goals is better than Barzal getting a considerable more amount of points? Should we give Anders Lee the Hart instead of McDavid next season? Anyway, I have a few takeaways from this 'argument' here:

1. Eichel seems to be better cause his name is more recognizable
2. Barzal was playing "easy minutes" as a top six forward in the NHL, including about a 60/20 split between second line-first line, and is ROOKIE god forbid

Just because he only has one year of competition under his belt, doesn't actually mean that he doesn't deserve recognition.

yo its not like im not giving him recognition i just dont think you can give a guy with one season under his belt a rank in the top 50 players in the league, is he top 50 forward? without a doubt. he was on my fantasy team last season i know hes very good he put up a ton of points but theres guys on here that have been playing great for more than just one year and also doing it in the playoffs. Like I said before, if he puts up the same numbers while facing the toughest competition on each team every night then he will be on this list next year for sure. in my eyes i wanna see him have similar success as the #1 guy that opposing teams focus on. and yes Eichel is a more familiar name **because hes better**

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll