SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Panarin trade - what would it cost

Sep. 1, 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
What would it cost if the Lightning decide to get Panarin?

I think the Lightning would approach Johnson/Killorn to waive their NTCs. Add some young dman like Dotchin/Koekkoek or maybe even Foote and let's say round 2 in 2020.

They definitely need to make some cap space. Panarin's 6M contract ends next year. I expect him to sign new contract for like 7,5M-8,5M AAV.

Discuss...
Sep. 1, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: matulix
What would it cost if the Lightning decide to get Panarin?

I think the Lightning would approach Johnson/Killorn to waive their NTCs. Add some young dman like Dotchin/Koekkoek or maybe even Foote and let's say round 2 in 2020.

They definitely need to make some cap space. Panarin's 6M contract ends next year. I expect him to sign new contract for like 7,5M-8,5M AAV.

Discuss...

I think it a dangerous proposal to ask your own players this close to training camp or mid season to waive their NTCs. When they decline you have unhappy players on the team...and all their teammates know.
Wanna sign Panarin next July and then try to work out the cap...that's different. Panarin may just too expensive and not worth the hassle (of creating cap space) for Tampa.
Sep. 4, 2018 at 10:37 a.m.
Below Market Value
If I'm Tampa, I would be more worried about adding to my blue line than trying to load up with another top six forward. Tampa has one of the best forward groups in the league, but their defense is not very deep. Dotchin and Koekkoek have been disappointments, Coburn and Girardi are old and not good, Stralman is getting older and will start to slow down, Sergachev looks great but is still weak in his own zone and will require some sheltering. Hedman and McDonagh are great, but even McDonagh is approaching 30 and is signed long-term. They'd better hope Cal Foote pans out or else they'll be very top-heavy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll