SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Lets make a trade.... and then another one,,,,,, and another one....

Created by: Caniac2000
Team: 2018-19 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 14, 2018
Published: Sep. 14, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CAR
  1. Subban, Malcolm
Additional Details:
Allows Vegas to recoup some of the assets they coughed up for Paccioretty
VGK
  1. Lorentz, Steven
  2. Mrázek, Petr
  3. 2019 6th round pick (CGY)
  4. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
OTT
  1. Faulk, Justin
  2. Gauthier, Julien
  3. Kuokkanen, Janne
  4. Smallman, Spencer
  5. 2019 2nd round pick (BUF)
  6. 2020 2nd round pick (CAR)
  7. 2020 6th round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Kuokkanen is almost NHL ready
Faulk love him or hate him, in a top pair RD in the NHL
Gauthier was top 25 prospect before last season, he has a chance to bounce back this year
Smallman is a good young winger

2019 second becomes a first if Stone resigns
2020 2nd becomes a 1st if Duchene resigns
CAR
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (CHI)
  2. 2019 6th round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$79,500,000$63,671,666$0$4,350,000$15,828,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,860,000$2,860,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,350,000$7,350,000
RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$887,500$887,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 6
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 14, 2018 at 6:54 p.m.
forthecup
Awesome title!
Sep. 14, 2018 at 7:37 p.m.
On all of your posts you have Zykov-Necas-Svech and I don't understand why. I agree that this line would be deadly in a year or two, but for this season there is no way RBA will have a line with three rookies on it. For the start of the season, RBA probably won't even have Necas and Svech together.
Sep. 15, 2018 at 4:21 a.m.
As far as lines go for your top 6 I'd think it logical to play your two right handed right wingers on the right wing and then two of the three left handed centres at centre, with the weakest at centre (or strongest at LW if you prefer) on the left with the other left wing, so something like Teravainen (LW) - Duchene (C) - Stone (RW) & Aho (LW) - Staal (C) - Williams (RW), makes more sense from a positional PoV.
Sep. 15, 2018 at 4:26 a.m.
Quoting: canesfan3030
On all of your posts you have Zykov-Necas-Svech and I don't understand why. I agree that this line would be deadly in a year or two, but for this season there is no way RBA will have a line with three rookies on it. For the start of the season, RBA probably won't even have Necas and Svech together.

Necas and Svechnikov have been stapled together. I just can’t see anyone else then Zykov in that final spot. I don’t think McGinn fits the style of that line and Aho is just too skilful. Ferland doesn’t have the hands. For me Zykov just fits it perfectly. I know Roddy won’t put this together but my god if he did
Sep. 15, 2018 at 4:28 a.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf
As far as lines go for your top 6 I'd think it logical to play your two right handed right wingers on the right wing and then two of the three left handed centres at centre, with the weakest at centre (or strongest at LW if you prefer) on the left with the other left wing, so something like Teravainen (LW) - Duchene (C) - Stone (RW) & Aho (LW) - Staal (C) - Williams (RW), makes more sense from a positional PoV.

Teräväinen will be on Ahos line. That’s definitely the case. Aho and Teuvo are part of the reason the other played well last season. Teräväinen played RW last season he can do it. Williams can play either wing too. He was a LW when we won the cup.
Sep. 15, 2018 at 4:29 a.m.
Quoting: JetsFan
Awesome title!

Ty ❤️
Sep. 15, 2018 at 5:11 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
Teräväinen will be on Ahos line. That’s definitely the case. Aho and Teuvo are part of the reason the other played well last season. Teräväinen played RW last season he can do it. Williams can play either wing too. He was a LW when we won the cup.

Fair enough, just going by the position they're usually listed at as their natural one, (I never, ever trust cap friendly for that one btw) as that is usually where a player is strongest. You're also precluding the fact they might play better apart on the other lines of course. That all said, cap friendly lists Duchene as C/LW and I can't remember him ever playing LW for the Avs, only C/RW as he preferred to play the off wing, hence the reason I don't trust it for positions. Duchene is arguably better as a wing as well, so you do have the option on that first line of moving Teravainen to the centre, move Stone up and Duchene to the right on the second and have two off hand shots on the second (it would annoy Duchene as he considers himself a centre but he'd prefer it to the left). You're just very overbalanced to have 3 lefties on the first and two righties and a lefty on the second when you could play the right handers in their natural positions and the better two of your centres in their natural positions regardless of whether that splits Aho & Teravainen, but it's all down to your preference. I think I'd only worry about that kind of chemistry if we were talking all three on a line being broken up or a very special double act like Kariya & Selanne where it's a genuine centre and wing pairing that you can add pretty much any other player to. Interestingly Aho is listed as RW on NHL.com and a wing or centre in other places.
Sep. 15, 2018 at 5:13 a.m.
P.S. value wise on that trade I think you'd have to make at least one of those conditional seconds a first regardless of re-signing or add more.
Sep. 15, 2018 at 5:37 a.m.
Fair enough, just going by the position they're usually listed at as their natural one, (I never, ever trust cap friendly for that one btw) as that is usually where a player is strongest. You're also precluding the fact they might play better apart on the other lines of course. That all said, cap friendly lists Duchene as C/LW and I can't remember him ever playing LW for the Avs, only C/RW as he preferred to play the off wing, hence the reason I don't trust it for positions. Duchene is arguably better as a wing as well, so you do have the option on that first line of moving Teravainen to the centre, move Stone up and Duchene to the right on the second and have two off hand shots on the second (it would annoy Duchene as he considers himself a centre but he'd prefer it to the left). You're just very overbalanced to have 3 lefties on the first and two righties and a lefty on the second when you could play the right handers in their natural positions and the better two of your centres in their natural positions regardless of whether that splits Aho & Teravainen, but it's all down to your preference. I think I'd only worry about that kind of chemistry if we were talking all three on a line being broken up or a very special double act like Kariya & Selanne where it's a genuine centre and wing pairing that you can add pretty much any other player to. Interestingly Aho is listed as RW on NHL.com and a wing or centre in other places.

Aho might have played RW. I don’t remember I’m just waiting for hockey to start again. He was drafted as a C. If he moves to C we don’t have the need for Duchene. Aho and Teräväinen are going to be a special double act. I’m expecting Aho to be a C this season and that helps solve the issue. Teräväinen and Aho have been together for a while. It makes a lot of sense for that to continue. Having 3 lefties on a line in this sense works. Aho is one of the best emerging players in the league. Teräväinen on his off wing and then Duchene at Center is fine. Having Williams Staal and Stone on the 2nd line is still acceptable because one is mr game 7 one is one of the best defensive forwards in the league and one is the best defensive winger in the league.

P.S. value wise on that trade I think you'd have to make at least one of those conditional seconds a first regardless of re-signing or add more.

I thought so but I wasn’t sure. Thanks for the feedback
TJTwolf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll