Forums/Armchair-GM

Opposite

Created by: Banjokat
Team: 2018-19 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 20, 2018
Published: Sep. 20, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Someone did made a team much like this: With Edmonton perspective (Draisaitl-trade).

Here is one with an Avs perspective.
Trades
COL
  1. Draisaitl, Leon
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Kamenev, Vladislav
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (OTT)
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Simmonds, Wayne
Additional Details:
Simmonds resigns with Avs. 6 mil.
PHI
  1. Varlamov, Semyon
Additional Details:
Flyers need a goalie - Varly is the man.
COL
  1. 2019 4th round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$67,758,095$0$2,377,500$11,741,905
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,975,000$3,975,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,937,500$3,937,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 3
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,150,000$2,150,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$690,000$690,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$717,500$717,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 20, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
COL would love to have Draisaitl (I've thought about trades centered around Draisaitl/Barrie), and I think they would pull the trigger on this trade. I don't think EDM would do it though. With all the moves that SJS, VGK, LAK have made in the offseason, I think EDM sits back and builds on a youth movement around McDavid and Draisaitl (similar to COL and MacKinnon/Rantanen). In a few years, a lot of Pacific teams will have veterans starting to decline while McDavid/Draisaitl are hitting their prime.

For what it's worth, I don't think the value is necessarily far off - just that EDM might value youth/team control in Draisaitl. EDM sits this trade out and sees how their RHD looks with Larsson, Benning and Bouchard (0-2 years away).

I think a trade around Simmonds/Varlamov could work later in the season, depending on how Grubauer/Francouz start the year.
Banjokat liked this.
Sep. 20, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: tp47
COL would love to have Draisaitl (I've thought about trades centered around Draisaitl/Barrie), and I think they would pull the trigger on this trade. I don't think EDM would do it though. With all the moves that SJS, VGK, LAK have made in the offseason, I think EDM sits back and builds on a youth movement around McDavid and Draisaitl (similar to COL and MacKinnon/Rantanen). In a few years, a lot of Pacific teams will have veterans starting to decline while McDavid/Draisaitl are hitting their prime.

For what it's worth, I don't think the value is necessarily far off - just that EDM might value youth/team control in Draisaitl. EDM sits this trade out and sees how their RHD looks with Larsson, Benning and Bouchard (0-2 years away).

I think a trade around Simmonds/Varlamov could work later in the season, depending on how Grubauer/Francouz start the year.

I totally agree with you - just wanted to see what the team would actually look like if the trade would happen. EDM will (99% sure) keep McJesus/Draisaitl around for a long time and build around them. The only problem ATM is, as you acknowledge, is their defensive right side.

Even though they might not pick up Barrie, who I see as a match (Mainly because of his offensive upside), I can't seem to find any other guy who could fit EDM needs.
tp47 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2018 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: Banjokat
I totally agree with you - just wanted to see what the team would actually look like if the trade would happen. EDM will (99% sure) keep McJesus/Draisaitl around for a long time and build around them. The only problem ATM is, as you acknowledge, is their defensive right side.

Even though they might not pick up Barrie, who I see as a match (Mainly because of his offensive upside), I can't seem to find any other guy who could fit EDM needs.

It's almost like solid RHD are rarer & always in demand smile I've thought Barrie would be a good fit there too, and had thought a trade like this would be viable even as recently as a couple weeks ago. But with how much tougher the Pacific just got, I think EDM would be really targeting 3-5 years down the road.
Banjokat liked this.
Sep. 20, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.
It's almost like solid RHD are rarer & always in demand smile I've thought Barrie would be a good fit there too, and had thought a trade like this would be viable even as recently as a couple weeks ago. But with how much tougher the Pacific just got, I think EDM would be really targeting 3-5 years down the road.

They are apparantly so rare that almost every team needs one! happy With the contract Barrie is on ATM, I think Avs are going to keep him around until Timmins (and maybe Makar) are ready for a 15-20 min. workload.

The Pacific division was tough enough already last season, but Sharks adding Karlsson, Vancouver's young guns getting another season under their belt (Pettersson is going to be awesome, I think!) and Calgary bolstering their lineup, things are going to be interesting!
Sep. 20, 2018 at 4:20 p.m.
They are apparantly so rare that almost every team needs one! happy With the contract Barrie is on ATM, I think Avs are going to keep him around until Timmins (and maybe Makar) are ready for a 15-20 min. workload.

The Pacific division was tough enough already last season, but Sharks adding Karlsson, Vancouver's young guns getting another season under their belt (Pettersson is going to be awesome, I think!) and Calgary bolstering their lineup, things are going to be interesting!

COL has a bit of logjam at RHD with Johnson, Barrie, Meloche, Timmins and Makar. I would expect Meloche to see some time this year, maybe Timmins (he's just now coming back from concussion/ankle issues after months off), and then Makar to sign his ELC after his college season. Not sure if it'll be Barrie getting moved or not. The arguments for trading him are 1) his value is high right now 2) he's a little older than the core group 3) have other offensive D in Girard and Makar 4) could lose him in free agency in 2 years. Moving him for a young winger could work out.

Don't forget about LAK signing Kovalchuk and VGK getting Pacioretty/Stastny.
Banjokat liked this.
Sep. 20, 2018 at 4:29 p.m.
COL has a bit of logjam at RHD with Johnson, Barrie, Meloche, Timmins and Makar. I would expect Meloche to see some time this year, maybe Timmins (he's just now coming back from concussion/ankle issues after months off), and then Makar to sign his ELC after his college season. Not sure if it'll be Barrie getting moved or not. The arguments for trading him are 1) his value is high right now 2) he's a little older than the core group 3) have other offensive D in Girard and Makar 4) could lose him in free agency in 2 years. Moving him for a young winger could work out.

Don't forget about LAK signing Kovalchuk and VGK getting Pacioretty/Stastny.

If Avs are shopping Barrie, it should be within this year, mainly because his price is high, as you wrote.

Haven't seen Meloche play unfortunately, but the logjam could be real if they aren't shopping him around and loose him to free agency. Especially if the kids, Timmins, Meloche, etc. are ready to play. Might as well kick in a trade and get a solid veteran forward and a high draft pick.

Girard was magnificent IMO last season and I truly believe he's going to be a stud this season.

Yeah, pretty excited to see how Kovy will get around in LA. Rumour says the guy is still capable of flying around a stickhandle the **** out of people and sniping top shelf.

Regarding to Pacioretty/Stastny, that's going to be exciting - If you haven't read this article yet, this is pure gold.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nhl-max-pacioretty-were-going-to-vegas

This should be fun to watch.
tp47 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2018 at 5:03 p.m.
If Avs are shopping Barrie, it should be within this year, mainly because his price is high, as you wrote.

Haven't seen Meloche play unfortunately, but the logjam could be real if they aren't shopping him around and loose him to free agency. Especially if the kids, Timmins, Meloche, etc. are ready to play. Might as well kick in a trade and get a solid veteran forward and a high draft pick.

Girard was magnificent IMO last season and I truly believe he's going to be a stud this season.

Yeah, pretty excited to see how Kovy will get around in LA. Rumour says the guy is still capable of flying around a stickhandle the **** out of people and sniping top shelf.

Regarding to Pacioretty/Stastny, that's going to be exciting - If you haven't read this article yet, this is pure gold.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nhl-max-pacioretty-were-going-to-vegas

This should be fun to watch.

Agreed on all of this. I hadn't seen the article yet, but it is great.

I'm excited to see what Sakic ends up doing with the RHDs, goalies, and the 2nd line. I wish he could push Barrie + for Nylander or Draisaitl, but like we said, that probably wouldn't meet EDM/TOR needs. Another trade partner I like would be TBL - maybe get Tyler Johnson (waives NMC) or JT Miller. TBL could be more interested now that EK isn't happening (unless UFA). And then of course, COL has the cap space to target guys like Panarin, Stone, Gourde and Bobrovsky if they reach free agency.
Banjokat liked this.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 5:56 a.m.
Agreed on all of this. I hadn't seen the article yet, but it is great.

I'm excited to see what Sakic ends up doing with the RHDs, goalies, and the 2nd line. I wish he could push Barrie + for Nylander or Draisaitl, but like we said, that probably wouldn't meet EDM/TOR needs. Another trade partner I like would be TBL - maybe get Tyler Johnson (waives NMC) or JT Miller. TBL could be more interested now that EK isn't happening (unless UFA). And then of course, COL has the cap space to target guys like Panarin, Stone, Gourde and Bobrovsky if they reach free agency.

Toronto is going to end up doing something with their roster, to fit all of their key assets to the current cap. I believe Nylander is going to get shopped no matter what, the question is to where and for who/picks/whatever.

I thought about JT Miller as well, as he would fit on the 2. line and is a gritty potato but with offensive upside as well. Johnson could be a fun addition too. With Yzerman gone, things are maybe shaken up a bit - who knows.

I really hope that Avs are going to make a splash during free agency, but it's been a long time since they've done it. Watching Panarin in an Avs jeysey could be pretty neat!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll