Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$6,750,000
Trades
CGY
  1. 2019 4th round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
William Nylander
Signs 6.750 x 7 year deal (Calgary internal cap compliant)
TOR
CGY
  1. Benn, Jordie
  2. 2019 4th round pick (CGY)
MTL
  1. Frolík, Michael
  2. Jankowski, Mark
  3. 2020 3rd round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$68,306,233$0$2,035,000$11,193,767
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 4
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 5
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$6,750,000$6,750,000
RW
UFA - 6
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 3
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 6
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$705,000$705,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$4,650,400$4,650,400
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 6
$755,833$755,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
Banned
Don't you think if he was okay with that contract, he'd already be signed by TO? Also Sam Bennet is a flop of a pick, TO isn't going to offer up a better player to bail out your teams poor drafting in that year.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
If Nylander is going to CGY, make sure you pack Tkachuk and maybe something + to Toronto..
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Don't you think if he was okay with that contract, he'd already be signed by TO? Also Sam Bennet is a flop of a pick, TO isn't going to offer up a better player to bail out your teams poor drafting in that year.

Don't you think different GM's have different styles of working contracts? Treliving has a record of signing RFA's to friendly deals.
That's a stupid argument, obviously no one is giving up Nylander for Bennett, that is why there are more pieces in the trade than him? Did you see that or you just saw Bennett? There is no bail out there it's a low cost middle 6 winger that can take draws...
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: SammyT_51
If Nylander is going to CGY, make sure you pack Tkachuk and maybe something + to Toronto..

You're kidding yourself.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:55 p.m.
Jankowski, Frolik & a 3rd for a 6-7dman and a 4th hahahahaha
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Jangle29
That's a half decent return for Will
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:57 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: SmugTkachuk
You're kidding yourself.

I said maybe.. Nylander is better than Tkachuk, thats fact, back to back 60+ point during the ELC player arent growing on trees, but Id be happy with Tkachuk coming the other way, no way he is worth that low as you offered.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: apo_salven
Jankowski, Frolik & a 3rd for a 6-7dman and a 4th hahahahaha

Sending 4.3 million dollars in cap space is gonna cost you, Frolik is disposable, I think he has an important role but to pull off a trade where another 6.5+ million dollar player is coming in you need to move cap. I probably undervalued a little but Calgary would have to pay to get rid of that contract. Jankowski has had a half decent year and that's it, he can prove a lot this year but as of now I don't think he is worth a ton.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Banned
Don't you think different GM's have different styles of working contracts? Treliving has a record of signing RFA's to friendly deals.
That's a stupid argument, obviously no one is giving up Nylander for Bennett, that is why there are more pieces in the trade than him? Did you see that or you just saw Bennett? There is no bail out there it's a low cost middle 6 winger that can take draws...

Calgary is a perennial underachieving team, Toronto is a powerhouse. Why would Nylander sign a more team friendly deal for the team that would be much more inclined to offer more due to the fact they have far bigger holes than Toronto? Treliving has a record of not making the playoffs. Play for a cup on Matthews wing for the same price you offered or play with much worse players for the same amount. Where is the logic here?
buds16 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
Banned
Calgary is a perennial underachieving team, Toronto is a powerhouse. Why would Nylander sign a more team friendly deal for the team that would be much more inclined to offer more due to the fact they have far bigger holes than Toronto? Treliving has a record of not making the playoffs. Play for a cup on Matthews wing for the same price you offered or play with much worse players for the same amount. Where is the logic here?

Name another 'Powerhouse" NHL tame that has made it past the 1st round only once since 2005. If what you are saying is the case, why hasn't he signed? The way you are describing it makes it sound like he is absolutely chomping at the bit to get on the ice in Toronto.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:11 p.m.
Banned
Name another 'Powerhouse" NHL tame that has made it past the 1st round only once since 2005. If what you are saying is the case, why hasn't he signed? The way you are describing it makes it sound like he is absolutely chomping at the bit to get on the ice in Toronto.

He likely is but he's letting his agent negotiate a long term deal. The only thing that is actually accurate with all the rumours flying around is that both sides are negotiating and both want long term deals. Nothing has been leaked by either side saying anything to the contrary. I don't understand why people seem to hate the Leafs more than they like their own team but all of this crap is irrational and silly.

You can speculate all you want but Sportsnet just posted a story about players who held out for periods of training camps and almost all are still with their respective teams. Johanson is the only one who isn't and he was traded to Nashville for Seth Jones.

Here is the reality bud, TO has one of, if not the best offence in the entire league. The team wants Nylander to be part of that, Dubas, Babcock and several players have all mentioned this. Nylander himself is on record saying he wants to be in TO Long term and will let his agent work towards that exact thing. Everything else is speculation and rumours.

In the very near future, the most shocking event of the preseason will be this.

Nylander signs a multi year extension with the Maple Leafs.

That is probably in the 99% likely to happen range. If he does get moved, it won't be for a disappointing defenceman, a ok prospect, a dissapointing 1st round pick and a 1st rounder. Although that pick is likely to be somewhere in the 10-15 range so its not terrible.
buds16 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:24 p.m.
Banned
He likely is but he's letting his agent negotiate a long term deal. The only thing that is actually accurate with all the rumours flying around is that both sides are negotiating and both want long term deals. Nothing has been leaked by either side saying anything to the contrary. I don't understand why people seem to hate the Leafs more than they like their own team but all of this crap is irrational and silly.

You can speculate all you want but Sportsnet just posted a story about players who held out for periods of training camps and almost all are still with their respective teams. Johanson is the only one who isn't and he was traded to Nashville for Seth Jones.

Here is the reality bud, TO has one of, if not the best offence in the entire league. The team wants Nylander to be part of that, Dubas, Babcock and several players have all mentioned this. Nylander himself is on record saying he wants to be in TO Long term and will let his agent work towards that exact thing. Everything else is speculation and rumours.

In the very near future, the most shocking event of the preseason will be this.

Nylander signs a multi year extension with the Maple Leafs.

That is probably in the 99% likely to happen range. If he does get moved, it won't be for a disappointing defenceman, a ok prospect, a dissapointing 1st round pick and a 1st rounder. Although that pick is likely to be somewhere in the 10-15 range so its not terrible.

You get what this website is for correct? This is in no way a speculative thing and in no way have I said I think this is what happens. I merely made a team on a goofy website cause I was bored and here come the troops from the depth of their Toronto swamp to tell me how Nylander isn't moving for anything less than a first born.

I'm aware of hold outs, Gaudreau was a hold out a couple years ago, everyone is familiar with a hold out.

And here's the actual reality, they aren't the best until the stats say so, at this point you are speculating that they are the best offence in the league and we know how much you hate speculation, go check Sportsnet and let me know where they rank in the offensive categories for the 2018-19 season.

10-15? So Nylander wouldn't help a team improve at all? How come you are so gun ho on keeping him if he doesn't even help get a team to the playoffs?
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:29 p.m.
Banned
You get what this website is for correct? This is in no way a speculative thing and in no way have I said I think this is what happens. I merely made a team on a goofy website cause I was bored and here come the troops from the depth of their Toronto swamp to tell me how Nylander isn't moving for anything less than a first born.

I'm aware of hold outs, Gaudreau was a hold out a couple years ago, everyone is familiar with a hold out.

And here's the actual reality, they aren't the best until the stats say so, at this point you are speculating that they are the best offence in the league and we know how much you hate speculation, go check Sportsnet and let me know where they rank in the offensive categories for the 2018-19 season.

10-15? So Nylander wouldn't help a team improve at all? How come you are so gun ho on keeping him if he doesn't even help get a team to the playoffs?

I try to be as objective as possible but Flames fans have given me an irrational dislike for their team. Which as a Leafs fan, I completely understand how backwards that sounds. Many Leafs fans are crazy and overvalue all of their players, and those guys annoy me. However, I honestly have never met a Flames fan who wasn't equally crazed about their team. Every single interaction with a Flames fan that I have had has been ridiculous.

"Bodie for Nylander is completely fair, Bodie would be a top pairing defenceman on almost every other team!" Is a sentiment I have heard several times on here, and that is just insanity.

So in conclusion, I have an irrational dislike of all things flames because of my past experiences with flames fans. Its a big burden I have to carry. LOL
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.

A goalie we don't need, a 3rd line forward we don't need and a defensemen we don't want. I get the website is for fun but you make ridiculous trades, then be prepared to hear it. Every comment against your trade is correct.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
Banned
I try to be as objective as possible but Flames fans have given me an irrational dislike for their team. Which as a Leafs fan, I completely understand how backwards that sounds. Many Leafs fans are crazy and overvalue all of their players, and those guys annoy me. However, I honestly have never met a Flames fan who wasn't equally crazed about their team. Every single interaction with a Flames fan that I have had has been ridiculous.

"Bodie for Nylander is completely fair, Bodie would be a top pairing defenceman on almost every other team!" Is a sentiment I have heard several times on here, and that is just insanity.

So in conclusion, I have an irrational dislike of all things flames because of my past experiences with flames fans. Its a big burden I have to carry. LOL

Brodie is a top pairing D man only on the Flames because of Giordano, that's it, he is a very solid semi unreliable in his own zone 2-3 guy that can play both sides and move the puck very well. He has value, his value is not Nylander. Replacing Brodie for Hamonic in the trade above certainly tips the scales in favour of Toronto but the way Brodie plays doesn't fit what the Leafs are looking for, Hamonic does.

I know you do, you make it very obvious and that's fair sports aren't sports if you don't irrationally hate other people, i get that. I think there is a little more bitterness from everyone when a TO fan says that we overvalue players, I do think that you get a little extra petty with Flames fans and all the parting shots you try fire in there devalue any legitimate argument you have that usually makes sense.

In conclusion Nylnader to Calgary is guaranteed.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
Banned
Brodie is a top pairing D man only on the Flames because of Giordano, that's it, he is a very solid semi unreliable in his own zone 2-3 guy that can play both sides and move the puck very well. He has value, his value is not Nylander. Replacing Brodie for Hamonic in the trade above certainly tips the scales in favour of Toronto but the way Brodie plays doesn't fit what the Leafs are looking for, Hamonic does.

I know you do, you make it very obvious and that's fair sports aren't sports if you don't irrationally hate other people, i get that. I think there is a little more bitterness from everyone when a TO fan says that we overvalue players, I do think that you get a little extra petty with Flames fans and all the parting shots you try fire in there devalue any legitimate argument you have that usually makes sense.

In conclusion Nylnader to Calgary is guaranteed.

Lol, you are right I am way too bitter towards the flames. I need to work on it.

That being said, Nylander will sign with Toronto and then everyone can go back to crapping all over their defence that will likely be an improvement over last year just because they are a young team who will have improved with more experience.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:51 p.m.
Banned
Lol, you are right I am way too bitter towards the flames. I need to work on it.

That being said, Nylander will sign with Toronto and then everyone can go back to crapping all over their defence that will likely be an improvement over last year just because they are a young team who will have improved with more experience.

That's exactly what is going to happen everyone knows it, and I can't wait to **** on the defense in about 10 days, when that arises I will surely be sending Brodie your way. Have a good one man.
Sep. 21, 2018 at 2:53 p.m.
Banned
That's exactly what is going to happen everyone knows it, and I can't wait to **** on the defense in about 10 days, when that arises I will surely be sending Brodie your way. Have a good one man.

You too buddy,

And honestly, for as much as I chirp the flames, I do honestly hope you guys have a good year. You certainly should be better than last year and really the Pacific is wide open. I'd love to see anyone finish ahead of the Sharks just because it would be hilarious.
SmugTkachuk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll