Edited Oct 4, 2018 at 6:12Rules: full rules are displayed in rules doc
- Teams will only be allowed two (2) waiver claims per calendar month. Waiver claims will include signing undrafted free agents during the regular season in addition to players being assigned to the AHL.
- In order for a team to attempt to claim a player, they must have a contract spot open. If the claim is successful and the claiming team exceeds the 23-man roster limit, they must make a corresponding move within 48 hours to comply with the roster limits. Violators are subject to draft pick forfeiture with increasing penalties for longer time periods/repeat offenders.
- If, within the first 90 days of a successful claim, a team tries to trade the player, the prior team can claim the player, and if they do the trade will be reversed.
- If Team A places a player on waivers that they had previously claimed from Team B, Team B may claim that player without the waiver order being used, and they may send that player to the minors without having to place them on waivers.
- Waiver Order will be determined and kept up to date by the BOG.
- When you make a successful waiver claim, your team will move to the bottom of the waiver order.
Waiver claims are now open. Teams will have 48 hours (until noon ET Friday) to claim players that were on season-opening waivers. Players added to the waiver placements thread from now on will be available for 48 hours from the time stamp of the original placement post.
Keep your post simple (team logo and player name) and don't post anything but claims in this thread. If claiming multiple players, list them in order of priority. Players will be awarded based on the priority that you designate. For Example: if NYR lists Player A, CHI lists Player A followed by Player B and BUF lists Player B followed by Player A, then NYR will receive Player A and BUF will receive Player B. You may not edit your priority selection.
is the BOG member in charge of waivers. He will notify GMs of successful claims, manage the priority list, and handle any questions/issues.
The scoring thread has a link to the scoring spreadsheet. There is a tab for waiver priority that will show GMs the current priority listing throughout the season.
Waiver Priority (October 3rd):
If you have any concerns with the waiver priority, please check the scoring sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YpmoVUegSNXHvr66nD-XnvvFwENC9iyeRilhW_eva-M/edit?usp=sharing
) to make sure that your team is correctly represented (and that stats appear for each player that played in NHL last year). Please bring any questions to the attention of the BOG before Friday at noon to give us a chance to make corrections before the claims are decided.