SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Wilson is an IDIOT - 12 games

Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
NHL throws the book at him for being a repeat offender imbecile. Maybe now that he makes $5M this one will really hurt his wallet.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:35 p.m.
Rangers 2023
******* hell
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:38 p.m.
Just another example of Wilson doing what Wilson does best...headhunting.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:38 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Source?
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
Sports and Tacos
It wont hurt his wallet!!

Wilson makes 6.1 million this year. 5 million in signing bonus, and 1.1 in salary.

So the suspension will only touches the 1.1 salary. lol
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Analytics are good
If it actually is 12 games the NHL has turned into a joke. Should be 0.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
Banned
I sadly can't prove I said this because I am too lazy to dig through all my comments on here, but I totally called this! Wilson could have the worst contract in all of hockey and to show he is worth it, I said he'll be suspended for 10 games or more before the 1st quarter is done.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
Analytics are good
They haven't even set a hearing date yet....
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
Quoting: ThatGuy
It wont hurt his wallet!!

Wilson makes 6.1 million this year. 5 million in signing bonus, and 1.1 in salary.

So the suspension will only touches the 1.1 salary. lol

Very true...okay so it doesn't ding him where it should, but he's still a huge IDIOT...and I'm a die hard Caps fan mind you.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
Quoting: JayBeagleFanAccount

Sorry but it should be 6...he needs to learn when to wreck people versus when not to...there was NO need for that hit as he could have defended the puck carrier in half a dozen other ways. Sundqvist should not have put his head down, sure, but Willy needs to show some restraint and make stick contact there...would have still broken up the play without the head shot.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
They haven't even set a hearing date yet....

Thanks for the 1 star...12 is my prediction...not a confirmation. So cool your Jets there Beags.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

0??? For that hit???? He should be suspended at least 10.
Let's GO CAPS!
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Source?

Just a prediction IF they do throw the book at him.
Analytics are good
Quoting: netminder71
Thanks for the 1 star...12 is my prediction...not a confirmation. So cool your Jets there Beags.

Ah sorry about that.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: netminder71
Just a prediction IF they do throw the book at him.

What the *** man
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
0??? For that hit???? He should be suspended at least 10.

10 games for a clean hit. Seems fair.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
What the *** man

Look, he's getting a visit to the front office....it is AT LEAST 6 GAMES as of right now. He got suspended 2x in 2016, in preseason 2017, in the playoffs 17-18, and he's a REPEAT headhunter...10-12 is not a stretch at all.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
10 games for a clean hit. Seems fair.

In no universe was that a clean hit. The blind side was not the issue, Infact I encourage that. Teaches players to keep their head up. The problem was that it was a headshot (from behind), when he had plenty of time to ease up, and it was in the pre season. No need for that ****. Honestly it looked like an intentional version of the Stevens hit on kariya
netminder71 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Let's GO CAPS!
This was not a CLEAN hit. As a CAPS fan I've defended Willy in the past. He got Lubomir Visnovsky good...got suspended over a mostly clean hit there on a smaller guy. I thought the hit on Zach Aston-Reese was right on the borderline...but again, smaller guy and bad angle to the check. But this one was a clear run across the middle of the ice against a smaller player with his head on the way down. Sundqvist made a huge mistake looking at his feet, but it is preseason, nothing at stake, he's way a top the zone with little attack options, a stick check works fine, and Wilson is getting paid to play top line minutes and clear space for Kuzy and Ovi...not to sit his dumb a$$ in the press box and eat nachos. Stupid hit, stupid player until he proves otherwise.
A_K liked this.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
lindros 2.0. wilson is guilty of hitting a kid who's head is down.....imo he hit his shoulder causing his head to snap back. either way its preseason game.....no reason for that. as for the people call wilson trash thats going overboard hes a very good player. but again this is the opinion of people who are fans of other teams most are cap rivals. tom wilson contract being the worst in the nhl? thats laughable but hey only time will tell. I imagine he gets 6-10 games
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: Random2152
In no universe was that a clean hit. The blind side was not the issue, Infact I encourage that. Teaches players to keep their head up. The problem was that it was a headshot (from behind), when he had plenty of time to ease up, and it was in the pre season. No need for that ****. Honestly it looked like an intentional version of the Stevens hit on kariya

Sundqvist was staring at his skates while skating across the middle. If he had his head up he wouldnt have put himself in a dangerous position. He turned away from Wilson at the last second and, like I said, if his head was up he could've avoided getting hit. Wilson is a large, strong man who skates hard and hits even harder. As an NHler you should know who is out on the and not be dicking around in the middle of the oz when Wilson is on the ice.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I sadly can't prove I said this because I am too lazy to dig through all my comments on here, but I totally called this! Wilson could have the worst contract in all of hockey and to show he is worth it, I said he'll be suspended for 10 games or more before the 1st quarter is done.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

because he got suspended makes him the worst nhl contract? thats a stretch. dd got suspended in the playoff.... terrible hockey player. wilson plays hard not smart but statements like this just make people (you) look stupid.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67
because he got suspended makes him the worst nhl contract? thats a stretch. dd got suspended in the playoff.... terrible hockey player. wilson plays hard not smart but statements like this just make people (you) look stupid.

He is a 3rd line winger at best! He played a small amount of time on the top line and did well enough to stay there (Because no one else was able to find chemistry with Kuznetsov and Ovie) that doesn't mean he's a top line player worthy of 5 million a season.

Tom Wilson's skill set pretty good skater and he's big. Doesn't have much for hands, isn't overly skilled but he hits really hard and gets under peoples skin. What will this massive contract (for his skillset) do for him? It'll give him a feeling that he has to do more to earn the money. Just like Clarkson after he got his big contract, he tried to do too much and got suspended after making a questionable decision. Wilson is a bottom 6 guy who should make less than 2 million a season.
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Sundqvist was staring at his skates while skating across the middle. If he had his head up he wouldnt have put himself in a dangerous position. He turned away from Wilson at the last second and, like I said, if his head was up he could've avoided getting hit. Wilson is a large, strong man who skates hard and hits even harder. As an NHler you should know who is out on the and not be dicking around in the middle of the oz when Wilson is on the ice.

imo the hit isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making it seem.the issue is that the player is in a vulnerable position and wilson hit him as hard as he can. long story shirt it was an avoidable hit and the nhl is trying to get away from plays like this ,even though 10-15 years ago the would praise this hit
Oct. 1, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: LoganOllivier

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

Saying Wilson has the worst contract in the NHL is a joke.
Capitalfail67 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll