Discussion thread
Mac and Pickard are both gone
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:10 p.m.
KFTW
One Andersen injury away from the lottery
Kotkaniemi15 and wojme liked this.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:11 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
They now have only 3 goalies under contract. They may need at least 1 more.
Log off the internet
Isn’t there a forums section on this site
wojme liked this.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: csick

Jesus, I though at least Pickard would clear, was not surprised that Carolina took mac
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:12 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Random2152
Jesus, I though at least Pickard would clear, was not surprised that Carolina took mac

Carolina has Darling, Mrazek and Mac? Damn. Who took Pickard?
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Carolina has Darling, Mrazek and Mac? Damn. Who took Pickard?

Philly
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:13 p.m.
Banned

Hilariously wrong assessment. More like One Andersen injury away from being a team that scores 300+ goals but allows 250+ goals. They could easily be the worst defensive team in the league and still make the playoffs.

Also Sparks NHL stats aren't that bad. He's definitely an upgrade over what the Islanders had last year.
Random2152 liked this.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:14 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: EthanK24

I guess Eamon McAdam will be the Marlies Backup this year
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:15 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I guess Eamon McAdam will be the Marlies Backup this year

Yes, actually they have 4. I miscounted.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:19 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Hilariously wrong assessment. More like One Andersen injury away from being a team that scores 300+ goals but allows 250+ goals. They could easily be the worst defensive team in the league and still make the playoffs.

Also Sparks NHL stats aren't that bad. He's definitely an upgrade over what the Islanders had last year.

I agree that Sparks should be okay, but what this means is that he really has to step up now. There is literally no plan B (Pickard).
Thought it would be a coin flip on mac, so not overly surprised Mac was lost (I thought it would be CAR or CHI, and it was CAR), but Pickard was supposed to be the Marlies starter and be the backup plan if sparks failed.... this is worrying.... Well I guess that means our young goalies (Kaskisuo, McAdam, and the 3 new guys will all get a shot)

Kaskisuo could be decent. As did Bouthillier in the prospect tournament, Scott did not look so good, have not seen Woll and Mcadam, but dont think they ever have a shot beyond marlies backups.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:20 p.m.
Log off the internet
I got bitched at for making a AGM about Yzerman leaving and was linked to the forums, so..

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/mapleleafs
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:21 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Hedman77
I got bitched at for making a AGM about Yzerman leaving and was linked to the forums, so..

Just because someone was a jerk to you doesn't mean you need to be a jerk to me.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:24 p.m.
Log off the internet
Just because someone was a jerk to you doesn't mean you need to be a jerk to me.

Well clearly that’s how people want threads to work here. Personal posts go on forums
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:25 p.m.
Banned

This does seem like a very odd thing to be policing. Your life must be amazing if this is worth mentioning. I can think of almost everything that is of greater concern for me than this.
Random2152 liked this.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:26 p.m.
Log off the internet
This does seem like a very odd thing to be policing. Your life must be amazing if this is worth mentioning. I can think of almost everything that is of greater concern for me than this.

Well I’m not you, am I? I’m currently just eating my lunch and noticed how this thread just got a free pass
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Well I’m not you, am I? I’m currently just eating my lunch and noticed how this thread just got a free pass

I have done a few of these, never a problem. I have seen a bunch like this all of the time, you just ran into a jerk, no need to pass it on. Making yourself look real classy right now...
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
Banned

A free pass from who? Other dudes who's greatest concern is whether people are using this free service, that is all make believe, correctly? Are you okay man? Is this secretly a cry for help? Like is hard man, but remember hockey is back! That's reason enough to be happy. Focus on the good my friend.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:31 p.m.
Not shocked but that shows why they didn't put Sparks on waivers he would have been picked up in a min. But i wish mac all the best he was a great team player and stole a game 2 years ago to get us into the playoffs. So hope he does well but lets in 10 goals everytime he pkays the leafs....jk really great pro a will be a nice security blanket in CAR. Pickard i was shocked but good luck to him.
Random2152 liked this.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:34 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: PuckPal
Not shocked but that shows why they didn't put Sparks on waivers he would have been picked up in a min. But i wish mac all the best he was a great team player and stole a game 2 years ago to get us into the playoffs. So hope he does well but lets in 10 goals everytime he pkays the leafs....jk really great pro a will be a nice security blanket in CAR. Pickard i was shocked but good luck to him.

Completely agree... Now all we have is two ECHL goalies (albeit one that was too good for the E) in the Minors (not including recently drafted guys). Soooo. what do we do if Sparks doesn't work out? How soon will Kaskisuo be ready, and are there other options....
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:35 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Quoting: EthanK24

Quoting: PuckPal

I got it. Sign Steve Mason to a cheap contract (1yr). He takes bc of the job and second chance, and we get another guy who wont get taken on waivers, who could be a decent backup (he was decent as backup in WPG after he got back from injury, but Helly overshadowed him).
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:38 p.m.
Completely agree... Now all we have is two ECHL goalies (albeit one that was too good for the E) in the Minors (not including recently drafted guys). Soooo. what do we do if Sparks doesn't work out? How soon will Kaskisuo be ready, and are there other options....

Well Kaskisuo actually played really good with the Wolves last year on loan so yeah it would be nice to pick up another AHL goalie for insurance/depth but barring an NHL injury the #1 goalie spot for the Marlies looks solidified.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:42 p.m.
Log off the internet
A free pass from who? Other dudes who's greatest concern is whether people are using this free service, that is all make believe, correctly? Are you okay man? Is this secretly a cry for help? Like is hard man, but remember hockey is back! That's reason enough to be happy. Focus on the good my friend.

Yeah this is a cry for help, I’m going to die if hockey isn’t back
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:44 p.m.
Banned
I got it. Sign Steve Mason to a cheap contract (1yr). He takes bc of the job and second chance, and we get another guy who wont get taken on waivers, who could be a decent backup (he was decent as backup in WPG after he got back from injury, but Helly overshadowed him).

Or just do nothing, because Sparks is actually very good. Vancouver keeps touting how amazing Demko is, but Sparks made him look inferior last season in the AHL. Sparks is fine.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 12:45 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Or just do nothing, because Sparks is actually very good. Vancouver keeps touting how amazing Demko is, but Sparks made him look inferior last season in the AHL. Sparks is fine.

I think he will be, but it is always good to have a plan B. I say sign Mason, put him in minors and run a Goalie team of

Andersen
Sparks

Kaskisuo
Mason
(^on rotation^)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll