Central Division
Division winners: 1)Jets, 2)Preds, 3)Avalanche
Wildcard makes it: 4)Blues, 5)Stars
6)Wild, 7)Chicago

Pacific Division:
Division winners: 1)SJ 2)Vegas 3)Calgary
No wildcard
4) LA, 5)Edmonton, 6)Arizona, 7)Anaheim 8)Vancouver

I think NJ, LA and Edmonton have a shot at getting in the wildcard but I currently have them as a just miss.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
Think I disagree with the Ottawa finishing 6th in the Atlantic... can't see it happening lol. Islanders won't be that bad still will be out of the playoffs though. Rangers are awful imo. Central is tough but looks about right probably. Pacific probably bang on.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: JelloPony
Think I disagree with the Ottawa finishing 6th in the Atlantic... can't see it happening lol. Islanders won't be that bad still will be out of the playoffs though. Rangers are awful imo. Central is tough but looks about right probably. Pacific probably bang on.

I personally think the Islanders have bad goaltending and will have a tough time winning games. I see Montreal as the worst team in the league, they absolutely have 0 offense and 0 defence. Detroit will be bad too IMO
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
Def realistic but i do think BUF can be a wildcard this year. I think also the east rankings go TOR, TB, BOS, PIT, WSH, PHI, CAR, BUF. So the atlantic teams are in the same mess they were last year and could be kicking out a top 3 seed in the 1st round. The NHL need to fix this next year its bad for fans and revenue having a top seed out by how they set the playoffs up not on skill.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Where's Anaheim?
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'll make regular season and playoff predictions later today.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Where's Anaheim?

They're core forwards are old and or on IR this maybe a rough year on the pond.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: csick
I personally think the Islanders have bad goaltending and will have a tough time winning games. I see Montreal as the worst team in the league, they absolutely have 0 offense and 0 defence. Detroit will be bad too IMO

As a MTL fan, Id love to see them finishing last in the standing. So we could draft Kakko! But I wouldn't say that they have 0 offense. I'm agree with the 0 defence thing (even if we got some great young Dmen) but teams like Detroit, Ottawa or Arizona are way under MTL in terms of offensive potential. With Drouin, Domi, Gallagher and now Kotka who could surprise a lot of people this season, this team will produce more than the last season.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: csick

OH don't get me wrong Montreal is absolutely horrible, especially on D but Price will keep them in a lot of games. Forwards are young with a lot of work yet to be done but they show flashes of being pretty decent. Won't happen every game obviously but they should squeak out a few wins. Ottawa on the other hand is just awful and with Melynk running the show I imagine some more drama will happen by the deadline to make them even worse. Personally I think he's trying to win the Hughes lottery so chances of them being better than Montreal are slim, again just my opinion.
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: math731
As a MTL fan, Id love to see them finishing last in the standing. So we could draft Kakko! But I wouldn't say that they have 0 offense. I'm agree with the 0 defence thing (even if we got some great young Dmen) but teams like Detroit, Ottawa or Arizona are way under MTL in terms of offensive potential. With Drouin, Domi, Gallagher and now Kotka who could surprise a lot of people this season, this team will produce more than the last season.

Im not going to reply about that claim. I don't think they have a better offense than Ottawa or Arizona
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
The team I would have the most trouble predicting would be Columbus, I believe they have the biggest scale, all the way from full dumpster fire to Stanley cup finals, I like the rest of your predictions west wildcards are a crap shoot, I believe your pacific is bang on though and your central pretty close with Dallas possibly missing for edm, but we will see. I like your east predictions with the possibility of nj or Columbus replacing Carolina or Florida depending on who gets best goaltending
Oct. 2, 2018 at 1:57 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
You had Florida as your dark horse surprise mine would be Arizona but them surprising might be just in the hunt til the end then falling off, saw a lot of good things last year once they finally got nhl caliber goaltending
Oct. 2, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Should i start a new thread for regular season and playoff predictions or use this one?
Oct. 2, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.
Tampa, Toronto, Florida, Boston, Buff
Pitt, Philly, Car,
Nash, Col, ST.L. Wpg, Min
SJ, Cal, Edm,
Oct. 2, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: cincity
Tampa, Toronto, Florida, Boston, Buff
Pitt, Philly, Car,
Nash, Col, ST.L. Wpg, Min
SJ, Cal, Edm,

Washington and Vegas both miss the playoffs?
Oct. 2, 2018 at 4:24 p.m.
Atlantic
Division Leaders: Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston
Wild Card: Florida
Miss: Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit, Ottawa

Metropolitan
Division Leaders: Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus
Wild Card: Philadelphia
Miss: NY Rangers, New Jersey, Carolina, NY Islanders

Central
Division Leaders: Nashville, Winnipeg, St. Louis
Wild Card: Minnesota
Miss: Dallas, Colorado, Chicago

Pacific
Division Leaders: San Jose, Vegas, Anaheim
Wild Card: Los Angeles
Miss: Edmonton, Calgary, Arizona, Vancouver
May 9, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
Revisit...

Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Atlantic
Division Leaders: Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston
Wild Card: Florida
Miss: Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit, Ottawa

Metropolitan
Division Leaders: Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus
Wild Card: Philadelphia
Miss: NY Rangers, New Jersey, Carolina, NY Islanders

Central
Division Leaders: Nashville, Winnipeg, St. Louis
Wild Card: Minnesota
Miss: Dallas, Colorado, Chicago

Pacific
Division Leaders: San Jose, Vegas, Anaheim
Wild Card: Los Angeles
Miss: Edmonton, Calgary, Arizona, Vancouver

I did pretty well with the teams i thought would be good (with the exception of Anaheim), but I missed on Dallas, Colorado, and Calgary and missed BIG on Carolina and NY Islanders.
May 9, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Revisit...

I did pretty well with the teams i thought would be good (with the exception of Anaheim), but I missed on Dallas, Colorado, and Calgary and missed BIG on Carolina and NY Islanders.

With the exception of Anaheim? You had LA making the playoffs ...

I made some pretty bad picks. I think I had LA in the playoffs, too. I don't remember. I'll have to check.
May 9, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
With the exception of Anaheim? You had LA making the playoffs ...

I made some pretty bad picks. I think I had LA in the playoffs, too. I don't remember. I'll have to check.

Well, sure. That comment was related to division leaders.
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll