C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 3, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
Bruins Fan
If I was trading Heinen I would rather pair Krug with him and go for Mark Stone. I think Lee is in for a down year in terms of production now that JT has moved on.
IamnotJC8989BRUINS liked this.
Oct. 3, 2018 at 8:53 p.m.
I-LOVE-HOCKEY
Quoting: Breakaway
If I was trading Heinen I would rather pair Krug with him and go for Mark Stone. I think Lee is in for a down year in terms of production now that JT has moved on.

True
Oct. 3, 2018 at 9:13 p.m.
Won’t get him for that
Oct. 3, 2018 at 9:19 p.m.
Glep
He is worth both of them but is Boston willing to give up a past first rounder and a really good prospect.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 3:03 a.m.
Banned

I don't even know what planet you are on. No one wants a 5 foot 8 defensman who had like 0 starts in the defensive zone last year. And that + Heinen is never going to get you Stone, a point per game winger.

Can we come back to objective reality instead of these old duds of trades of Krug and Backes. No one wants that garbage and they aren't going to cough up talented players for it.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 7:39 a.m.

Krug isn't waiving to go to OTT and OTT isn't trading Stone within the division. Not to mention, Krug is a elite scoring d-man. Is he great in his own zone? no, but he's not terrible. You'll have a hard time finding a d-man for his salary to give you 50+ points a season.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 8:29 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Quoting: ON3M4N
Krug isn't waiving to go to OTT and OTT isn't trading Stone within the division. Not to mention, Krug is a elite scoring d-man. Is he great in his own zone? no, but he's not terrible. You'll have a hard time finding a d-man for his salary to give you 50+ points a season.

Not sure about that. Grzelcyk could amount to that in a couple of years imo.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.
Not sure about that. Grzelcyk could amount to that in a couple of years imo.

based on what?

The kid had 15 points in 61 games last year. Lets say you average it out over 82 games and even still its only 20 pts. He'd need to increase is offensive production by 250% to reach 50 points in an 82 game season. Grz is no where near the level of offensive talent that Krug is and it showed last night when he struggled to QB the #1 PP.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 8:47 a.m.
Bcarlo25
you have 5 trades in the last day all for lee.

The idea is bad. All your trades are awful.

Stop spamming the board with this crap, lee doesn't make sense to anyone until they see him play without JT. MOVE ON
Oct. 4, 2018 at 5:35 p.m.
Bruins Fan
based on what?

The kid had 15 points in 61 games last year. Lets say you average it out over 82 games and even still its only 20 pts. He'd need to increase is offensive production by 250% to reach 50 points in an 82 game season. Grz is no where near the level of offensive talent that Krug is and it showed last night when he struggled to QB the #1 PP.

I'm basing it on projections. There is no statistical evidence he can do it, but if he gets consistent PP time and develops his offense he should pick up atleast 15 extra points on the PP, but likely more. Once he gets more comfortable and confident; I think he'll take a big step forward. The game hasn't slowed down for him yet and he didn't get much experience on the PP last season, but none of this matters if Krug isn't moved because the role of PP QB will be earmarked for Krug when he returns. I'm just of the mind that I saw Grzelcyk do it in college and sometimes be double shifted as the PP QB so I know he has that skill set. He's not comfortable enough yet to do it, but 2 or 3 years out I could see him producing some points. I believe he's very underrated right now, but he needs consistent ice time to become what his talent will allow him to.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 5:48 p.m.
I'm basing it on projections. There is no statistical evidence he can do it, but if he gets consistent PP time and develops his offense he should pick up atleast 15 extra points on the PP, but likely more. Once he gets more comfortable and confident; I think he'll take a big step forward. The game hasn't slowed down for him yet and he didn't get much experience on the PP last season, but none of this matters if Krug isn't moved because the role of PP QB will be earmarked for Krug when he returns. I'm just of the mind that I saw Grzelcyk do it in college and sometimes be double shifted as the PP QB so I know he has that skill set. He's not comfortable enough yet to do it, but 2 or 3 years out I could see him producing some points. I believe he's very underrated right now, but he needs consistent ice time to become what his talent will allow him to.

Well even if Krug is gone, hes got that McAvoy kid who will take away PP time. I just dont see Grz having a 250% increase in production.

Last year only 6% of all NHL d-men had 50 points. I mean 50+ points for a dman on a consistent basis is something that doesn't grow on trees.
Oct. 4, 2018 at 6:03 p.m.
Bruins Fan
Well even if Krug is gone, hes got that McAvoy kid who will take away PP time. I just dont see Grz having a 250% increase in production.

Last year only 6% of all NHL d-men had 50 points. I mean 50+ points for a dman on a consistent basis is something that doesn't grow on trees.

50 points is great and Krug is a good asset, but his defense is average at best and Grzelcyk has higher defensive upside imo. Plus we're talking about Mark Stone as the piece you receive back for him and Heinen. Mark Stone would keep the 1st line the best offensive line in hockey but also make it the best defensive line in Hockey as well..... I don't think you pass that up to keep ahold of a guy like Torey Krug no matter how many points he can bank, because he's personally responsible for the most goals scored upon every year out of the Bruins defenders.

I don't understand why you think Ottawa wouldn't take the highest package for him to make their team the best. Why would they trade him West for a lesser package? How does that help them when they become an inferior team due to taking back less talent which will play for them every night in order to keep 1 team inter division from being tougher to play against 4 times per year? Seems like you'd generate more W's from shipping a guy out to the highest bidder.
Oct. 5, 2018 at 7:51 a.m.
50 points is great and Krug is a good asset, but his defense is average at best and Grzelcyk has higher defensive upside imo. Plus we're talking about Mark Stone as the piece you receive back for him and Heinen. Mark Stone would keep the 1st line the best offensive line in hockey but also make it the best defensive line in Hockey as well..... I don't think you pass that up to keep ahold of a guy like Torey Krug no matter how many points he can bank, because he's personally responsible for the most goals scored upon every year out of the Bruins defenders.

Sounds like you're higher on Grz and his potential than I am because of what you saw when he was in college. I don't see him as ever being more than a #3LHD who moves the puck well. Wont rack up a ton of points, but could be a 20-30 point guy.

Quote:
I don't understand why you think Ottawa wouldn't take the highest package for him to make their team the best. Why would they trade him West for a lesser package? How does that help them when they become an inferior team due to taking back less talent which will play for them every night in order to keep 1 team inter division from being tougher to play against 4 times per year? Seems like you'd generate more W's from shipping a guy out to the highest bidder.

Because the proof is in the pudding and numerous report have come out that Ottawa wont deal with East teams. There is a conditional 1st round pick in the Karlsson trade to prevent SJ from trading him to the east (like they did Hoffman and OTT was pissed). There have been reports that there were teams in the East with better offers for Karlsson, but Ott wouldn't do it because they don't want any of their former players in the East. Their owner cares more about his ego then he does the franchise. I mean honestly look at both trades for two of their top players and it's a joke. Look at the crap they did with Stone. They lowballed him on a deal, went to arbitration and now next year he'll be a UFA.
Oct. 5, 2018 at 9:31 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Sounds like you're higher on Grz and his potential than I am because of what you saw when he was in college. I don't see him as ever being more than a #3LHD who moves the puck well. Wont rack up a ton of points, but could be a 20-30 point guy.

Quote:

Because the proof is in the pudding and numerous report have come out that Ottawa wont deal with East teams. There is a conditional 1st round pick in the Karlsson trade to prevent SJ from trading him to the east (like they did Hoffman and OTT was pissed). There have been reports that there were teams in the East with better offers for Karlsson, but Ott wouldn't do it because they don't want any of their former players in the East. Their owner cares more about his ego then he does the franchise. I mean honestly look at both trades for two of their top players and it's a joke. Look at the crap they did with Stone. They lowballed him on a deal, went to arbitration and now next year he'll be a UFA.

Yeah I mean some of that makes sense, but it's foolish thinking in this scenario. You take the package that gives you a better chance to win the 78 games against other teams and lesser chance in the 4 games against the team you trade him to, not make a deal that gives you less chance in all 82 games.

EK is a whole different animal so I can see why they traded him west because he's a level superior to Stone. I buy the perspective of trading a guy out of your division if you're getting back prospects because it has the potential of an epic fail. If you get 2 A prospects and a 1st for Stone, you're definitely taking that from a west team because all those assets have the potential to pull a partial "Cinderella" and go from being nice carriages you could ride to turning into useless pumpkins. If you get back proven players I think you take the best offer available. It's not like Boston would be getting way, way better anyways because right now the difference between Krug and Grzelcyk is more than marginal. Heinen could amount to something similar to what Stone is right now in about 3 years imo. He's got the defensive skill, the hockey IQ and he scored 47 points while having a rotten final month of the season as a rookie. The biggest point in a trade like that is that my view of the situation tells me they're going to try to resign Duchene to avoid trading him for less than they gave up to acquire him. That means they would probably hope to get back current NHL players in a deal for Stone. There isn't going to be much of a Market for Stone if a team has to take something off their current NHL roster because most teams don't want to tamper with their chemistry and/or lose a valuable piece. They mostly want to offer picks and prospects so Boston has a leg up where it can afford to move Krug because of Grzelcyk and Heinen because Stone would more than fill his role. The only X factor in all of this is the Owner who's a known fool so your point on him is legit. He could screw things up for Ottawa more than he already has, but if he comes to his senses he'd realize it's a solid offer. Krug + Heinen + X? for Stone would be exactly what they need. A top 4 defenseman with offensive talent to replace some of what was lost with the EK trade and a competent wing who can play a 2 way role like Stone was doing and could develop into a first line talent within a few years because of his speed, hands and smarts.
Oct. 5, 2018 at 9:52 a.m.

Yeah I mean some of that makes sense, but it's foolish thinking in this scenario. You take the package that gives you a better chance to win the 78 games against other teams and lesser chance in the 4 games against the team you trade him to, not make a deal that gives you less chance in all 82 games.

I mean you and I know that, but OTT sees it differently

Quote:
EK is a whole different animal so I can see why they traded him west because he's a level superior to Stone. I buy the perspective of trading a guy out of your division if you're getting back prospects because it has the potential of an epic fail. If you get 2 A prospects and a 1st for Stone, you're definitely taking that from a west team because all those assets have the potential to pull a partial "Cinderella" and go from being nice carriages you could ride to turning into useless pumpkins. If you get back proven players I think you take the best offer available. It's not like Boston would be getting way, way better anyways because right now the difference between Krug and Grzelcyk is more than marginal. Heinen could amount to something similar to what Stone is right now in about 3 years imo. He's got the defensive skill, the hockey IQ and he scored 47 points while having a rotten final month of the season as a rookie. The biggest point in a trade like that is that my view of the situation tells me they're going to try to resign Duchene to avoid trading him for less than they gave up to acquire him. That means they would probably hope to get back current NHL players in a deal for Stone. There isn't going to be much of a Market for Stone if a team has to take something off their current NHL roster because most teams don't want to tamper with their chemistry and/or lose a valuable piece. They mostly want to offer picks and prospects so Boston has a leg up where it can afford to move Krug because of Grzelcyk and Heinen because Stone would more than fill his role. The only X factor in all of this is the Owner who's a known fool so your point on him is legit. He could screw things up for Ottawa more than he already has, but if he comes to his senses he'd realize it's a solid offer. Krug + Heinen + X? for Stone would be exactly what they need. A top 4 defenseman with offensive talent to replace some of what was lost with the EK trade and a competent wing who can play a 2 way role like Stone was doing and could develop into a first line talent within a few years because of his speed, hands and smarts.

Here's what I know....

OTT wouldn't deal Hoffman to an East team and were upset when SJ flipped him to the East
OTT was admit that EK wouldn't play in the East and demanded a conditional 1st if he did as insurance

Stone over the last 3 seasons has been OTT's best forward in all 3-zones. I'd love to have him in Boston, I think he'd fit in great anywhere in the top 6, but Ottawa clearly has no interest in deal with Boston. Krug also has a NTC and there is no way he's going to have OTT on his list of teams that he'll play for.
Oct. 5, 2018 at 10:35 a.m.
BreKel
Please stop spamming with constant bad ACGMs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll