Published: Oct. 14, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Bouwmeester, Jay
  2. Kyrou, Jordan
  3. Pietrangelo, Alex
Additional Details:
What does this trade mean.. St. Louis get younger in defensive department (Zaitsev not so younger but Liljegren is definitely younger and great player, but I feel like Pietro is great fit in Toronto and I know STL fans would not like this trade but trust me its good) and great winger that can easily be placed on top line and have point per game average or higher. Its basically Liljegren for Kyrou (which is fair) and 2nd (could be 1st if necessary), Nylander and Zaitsev for Pietrangelo who is one of the top defenders in the league (and Bouwmeester to make cap work). I think its fair deal, what do you think?
STL
  1. Liljegren, Timothy
  2. Zaitsev, Nikita
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Nylander
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$68,666,666$2,550,000$5,582,500$10,833,334

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 14, 2018 at 4:32 a.m.
STL isn't going to bite on that. Pietrangelo is a 10 all world Defenseman, there's no way you get him for that. Nylander is great, but you're going to have to overpay him just to get him signed, Zaitsev is a bum who's on a stinker of a contract, Liljegren is a good prospect but their giving up a prospect of equal or greater value in Kyrou.

St Louis isn't looking to "get younger in the defence department". They are looking to contend for a cup now, and sending their super stud defenceman to a potential cup contender Is not how you go about it. Their defence and forward groups are both rock solid. The only big moves they'd be looking at making is upgrading on Jake Allen.
SammyT_51 and Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 4:38 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
STL isn't going to bite on that. Pietrangelo is a 10 all world Defenseman, there's no way you get him for that. Nylander is great, but you're going to have to overpay him just to get him signed, Zaitsev is a bum who's on a stinker of a contract, Liljegren is a good prospect but their giving up a prospect of equal or greater value in Kyrou.

St Louis isn't looking to "get younger in the defence department". They are looking to contend for a cup now, and sending their super stud defenceman to a potential cup contender Is not how you go about it. Their defence and forward groups are both rock solid. The only big moves they'd be looking at making is upgrading on Jake Allen.

Zaitsev plays greatly in this season and last season was a fluke and that would never happen. Parayko is ready to make step into no1 defender territory and this move brings more depth to STL. Maybe a 1st rounder instead of 2nd would help. Liljegren is great prospect who has tools to be one of the better offensive defencemen in the league. I see a point you are making and I acknowledge that and respect that. I was just trying to make something that would satisfy both of fanbases. And seems like its bad so I would work on that.
Claesson4Norris liked this.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 6:39 a.m.
Bcarlo25
First off. Real easy no from the blues.
Why do you say things like nylander can be a point per game player? He hasn’t...
Why do you think Liljegren is such a “great player?”
Oct. 14, 2018 at 7:08 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Bcarlo25
First off. Real easy no from the blues.
Why do you say things like nylander can be a point per game player? He hasn’t...
Why do you think Liljegren is such a “great player?”

First off. I can see Blues saying easy no. But the point of this was to make discussion and make the best trade possible as my other posts are. I want you to say something that would help me get into the best possible outcome for each team.

As for Nylander.. he is player who scored back to back 60+ point season within terms of his ELC which was done by not so many players and players who did that are of the caliber of Kucherov, Gaudreau, Panarin (older than regular rookie), Stamkos, Rantanen, Tavares, Backstrom who are point per game players. Nylander would be point per game player in a year or two, trust me.

As for Liljegren. He played AHL at 18yrs old which alone is something great and his game is evolving, he plays responsible game in his own zone and is dangerous in offensive zone. He learns fast and is very intelligent player. He has all the essentials in his game to be good. But mostly I would say that his technical abilities stand out the most for me. His vision is very very good. he is rough in some areas of the game but he has improved a lot since draft, he is just 19yrs old and already playing 4th year of professional hockey (2 seasons with Rogle BK in SHL which is imo best league in europe before Marlies). There is a lot of room to grow to but he is already a great great prospect, he would be great player and im not saying that as Leafs fan but person for whom scouting is passion. Some people compare him to EK which is stupid, but Id say he would be great player (close to Duncan Keith).
Oct. 14, 2018 at 9:22 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
First off. I can see Blues saying easy no. But the point of this was to make discussion and make the best trade possible as my other posts are. I want you to say something that would help me get into the best possible outcome for each team.

As for Nylander.. he is player who scored back to back 60+ point season within terms of his ELC which was done by not so many players and players who did that are of the caliber of Kucherov, Gaudreau, Panarin (older than regular rookie), Stamkos, Rantanen, Tavares, Backstrom who are point per game players. Nylander would be point per game player in a year or two, trust me.

As for Liljegren. He played AHL at 18yrs old which alone is something great and his game is evolving, he plays responsible game in his own zone and is dangerous in offensive zone. He learns fast and is very intelligent player. He has all the essentials in his game to be good. But mostly I would say that his technical abilities stand out the most for me. His vision is very very good. he is rough in some areas of the game but he has improved a lot since draft, he is just 19yrs old and already playing 4th year of professional hockey (2 seasons with Rogle BK in SHL which is imo best league in europe before Marlies). There is a lot of room to grow to but he is already a great great prospect, he would be great player and im not saying that as Leafs fan but person for whom scouting is passion. Some people compare him to EK which is stupid, but Id say he would be great player (close to Duncan Keith).

If you think so highly of Liligren why not wait a year for him to go to Toronto
Oct. 14, 2018 at 9:37 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: linehan10
If you think so highly of Liligren why not wait a year for him to go to Toronto

Because Pietrangelo is levels better than Liljegren.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 11:12 a.m.
Bcarlo25

Trust you? Dude you sound like trump, just constantly making absurd claims and saying "trust me."
Putting nylander in the same category as those players is an absolute joke. Back to back stagnant 61 point seasons with 31% of those on the powerplay playing with Matthews. No, I'm not going to trust you that nylander will magically take a huge step forward, and neither will the blues. Trust you? Get real.

Kudos on having a teenager in the ahl, but that doesn't make anyone great. He's a good prospect, but the leafs blue line is trash, if he were great he'd be in the NHL.

This is brutal, and very lopsided in favor of the leafs, trust me, trust me.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 11:26 a.m.
Pietrangelo is an elite #1 defensemen who is a rhd in his prime. Were talking marner, liljergen and maybe more.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 11:27 a.m.
unknown12332423432
Because Pietrangelo is levels better than Liljegren.

Yeah right now he is , but the potential is there and that is what he is trying to say just the potential of Nylander and Liljegren is equal to Pietrangelo , the other players in the trade do not really make sense but I do feel like with the trade he made was unfair on St Louis side.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 12:53 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
St. Louis are desperate looking forward to win their first cup RIGHT NOW. So, trade their best d-man and one of thr best all around d-man of the league "to get younger in defense department" would be a terrible and nonsense move. Specially when you trade him to another contender.

It's NEVER gonna happen.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll