SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Habs fun to watch!

Oct. 18, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
Habs4ever
Habs are finally fun to watch again. For the first time in 5 years I can see the direction of the team. I said last year Reilly will be an excellent addition to the team. Many had him gone from the team. In a few short years will be also have strenght dow tne middle. Habs are young and fast with a bought in team concept. Refreshing!
Nov. 7, 2018 at 6:20 p.m.
Not so Fasth
Swag brother
Nov. 8, 2018 at 11:05 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: MasterMatt23
Swag brother

well they lost tonight. Price is not at top of his game, not to blame him for all the goals. I said Domi, would be an excelent addition as with Tatar. Concerned about Mete and would not be surprised once Schlemko and Weber are back that he does some time in Laval. Too bad about Armia's knee.
Nov. 9, 2018 at 5:23 p.m.
Not so Fasth
Quoting: Habs4ever
well they lost tonight. Price is not at top of his game, not to blame him for all the goals. I said Domi, would be an excelent addition as with Tatar. Concerned about Mete and would not be surprised once Schlemko and Weber are back that he does some time in Laval. Too bad about Armia's knee.

Mete is almost there. He's so good at pinching and passing at full speed. If only he could tie in the defensive game and the shot, he'd be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. I still think he was rushed last year.
Nov. 11, 2018 at 9:11 a.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: MasterMatt23
Mete is almost there. He's so good at pinching and passing at full speed. If only he could tie in the defensive game and the shot, he'd be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. I still think he was rushed last year.

He was rushed last year because the D was weak. He was not even supposed to make the team. As the season progresses we are seeing less and less of him. He is good and I like him but not sure who plays where when all are healthy. Benn made some mistakes yesterday but overall has played much better than expected. Schlemko played well last night but he is not durable and will eventually get hurt again. Reilly has slowed a little, Alzner did not look too bad yesterday. Another month and Weber is back. This will really help. The pieces are there but below the dots, we are still too easy to score on as would indicate the high goals were are giving. Thankfully our offence is clicking but if that dries up just a touch, we will see more losses.
Nov. 13, 2018 at 8:57 a.m.
My Balls Itch
i still dont understand how the fix to the goal scoring problem was tatar
Nov. 13, 2018 at 8:29 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: DeadGuy63
i still dont understand how the fix to the goal scoring problem was tatar

Well it is a couple of things. Both Pacioretty and Galchenyuk are good players but they are very streaky. When they are scoring things are good but their game disappear. Enter Tatar and Domi, two players that have a great work ethic and work hard. Domi could not wait to get out of Arizona. We knew he was a good passer and he did play Centre in Junior but both Domi and Tatar are performing above expectations. Domi has also helped Drouin's game. Kotkaniemi, is very smart and sees ice very well. In 17 games, he has had 4 bad periods. Even when he was not scoring, he was very responsible defensively. Armia, before he got hurt is also responsible defensively as is Lehkonen. In fact, I am very impressed with players from Finland. They do not seem to have an ego, they appear easy to coach and work in all three zones. I knew Habs would be better this year. If they can stay reasonably healthy, they should make playoff's and if Price can get hot at right time, then who knows. Add to that Suzuki, Poehling and Habs finally have some strength down the middle. Now the Habs have three lines that can play well. Balance on the lines. I love Mete, but he is struggling and he may see some time in Laval. Habs are 2nd youngest team in NHL now, which is excellent.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll