SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Major Awards Predictions at the 3 Week Point

Who Will Win The Hart Trophy This Season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 24, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
Major Award Winners Predictions:
Hart: MacKinnon
Art Ross: McDavid
Rocket: Matthews
Norris: Carlson
Vezina: Gibson
Selke: Bergeron
Calder: Petterson
Lindsay: McDavid
Jack Adams: John Hynes (NJD)
GM: Doug Wilson
President's: NSH
Stanley Cup: NSH
Conn Smythe: Forsberg

Here's another questions: Can McDavid win the Art Ross if EDM misses the playoffs? Even if he leads the league in scoring by 20+ points?
Oct. 24, 2018 at 7:18 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016

Here's another questions: Can McDavid win the Art Ross if EDM misses the playoffs? Even if he leads the league in scoring by 20+ points?

Yes, he did it last year, I don't see why he can't do it again. If you meant Hart, then I'll say most likely not.
Oct. 24, 2018 at 9:31 p.m.
Quoting: J2W
Yes, he did it last year, I don't see why he can't do it again. If you meant Hart, then I'll say most likely not.

Sorry. I meant the Hart LOL.
Oct. 24, 2018 at 10:39 p.m.
Sorry. I meant the Hart LOL.

I thought so but you never know.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 6:31 a.m.
Here's a question for ya...Is Leon Draisaitl overpaid at $8.5M AAV? He's averaged 73.5 points over the past two seasons, most of which were spent on a line w/ McDavid.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 6:44 a.m.
Quoting: J2W
I thought so but you never know.

Has a non-playoff team ever produced a Hart Trophy winner? I'm pretty sure A-Rod won the A.L. MVP w/ the Texas Rangers once, but baseball is obviously more of a statistically driven sport w/ less emphasis on team success. However, it's still very rare for a player to enjoy so much individual success on a bad team-I think A-Rod's Rangers finished last that year.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 8:13 a.m.
My Balls Itch
Here's a question for ya...Is Leon Draisaitl overpaid at $8.5M AAV? He's averaged 73.5 points over the past two seasons, most of which were spent on a line w/ McDavid.

He is making superstar money so he needs to be a superstar on his own which he has not been. I say he is.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 9:34 a.m.
WentWughes
Marc Bergevin for GM of the year
Matt1567 and wojme liked this.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 3:21 p.m.
I believe Draisaitl has been on the ice with McDavid for all but 1 of his points this year. They both have great chemistry and the only reason why Draisaitl is attempting to drive his own line is because of the lack of dept on the Oilers. Most team have their two superstars playing on the first line. Ideally, McDavid and Draisaitl would be on the #1 line if they had a scoring second line center and could move Nuge down to play wing on the second line.....or move Nuge back to centre with a good second line winger
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: mats_naslund_fan
I believe Draisaitl has been on the ice with McDavid for all but 1 of his points this year. They both have great chemistry and the only reason why Draisaitl is attempting to drive his own line is because of the lack of dept on the Oilers. Most team have their two superstars playing on the first line. Ideally, McDavid and Draisaitl would be on the #1 line if they had a scoring second line center and could move Nuge down to play wing on the second line.....or move Nuge back to centre with a good second line winger

I think the real problem, like you said, is the pervasive lack of depth amongst EDM's bottom 9 Forwards. Everything was going great during the preseason when Rattie and Yamamoto were lighting up the scoreboard. So far the regular season has been a complete 180. They have to keep McDavid and Draisaitl together and just hope they can provide enough offense to win games. They're not too dissimilar from BOS and COL in that the majority of their offense comes from their top line. Basically, the McDavid line needs to score 2G per game for them to be competitive this season, and the PP and PK must improve drastically fro, last season.
Oct. 26, 2018 at 7:12 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
By the above discussion you can see why the non playoff Oilers are so much worse than top tier Jets and Leafs. Oilers have just three good forwards....RHN and very good Leon and the superstar McDavid. Jets and Leafs (and all good teams) have much more diversity of good forwards.
Oct. 26, 2018 at 9:04 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Marc Bergevin for GM of the year

Oh
mhockey91 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2018 at 9:35 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: wojme
Oh

His trades are looking good right now and if Montreal can keep up the pace, I figure he will be a final 3. It's a very low possibility, but it's there

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit