Forums/Armchair-GM

trades with STL and EDM

Created by: Billy316
Team: 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 3, 2018
Published: Nov. 3, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Small Adjustments that make us a better depth team for the playoffs and actually be good enough to go on a run .

Lucic trade was done because he's going to be Claude Juliens 4th line Shawn Thorton type player to protect the stars and lay out devastating hits .

Bouwmeesters chemistry on the PP with Weber is worth the price of admission and he'll be a solid mentor for Juulsen .

Barbashev will be a good choice to groom for 4th line C for now but next year when Poehlings up and Centers full i'd personally play him on Danault's LW they were awesome in Junior Together buy seperating Danault from Tatar and Gallagher this year would be foolish
Trades
MTL
  1. Lucic, Milan
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (NYI)
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (EDM)
  4. 2021 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
2021 conditional 3rd becomes a 2nd if Lucic is bought out before the 2021 draft . if Lucic starts 50% or more in 2019 and 2020 this pick is returned to EDM .
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$74,368,392$0$4,357,500$5,131,608

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$741,667$741,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 3, 2018 at 4:14 a.m.
BootBoi
LOVE Lucic, but ED SAYS YES! !
Peca is an interesting project, good pedigree.
His dad took ED to the final in 2006.
Well done..-~
Billy316 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 9:01 a.m.
You know how I feel about the Bouwmeester trade. 5 from me
Billy316 and chiddie liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.
Very fair deals
Billy316 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:01 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Edited Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:12 a.m.
Replace Barbashev with Sundqvist maybe?? I don't know, I feel like the Habs would be helping STL out A LOT by taking Bouwmeester and his cap hit. Sundqvist might be a better fit as a right shooting C / RW on the Habs 4th line then yet another left shooting C / LW in Barbashev, and both still aren't helping the Habs with their roster issue as both still would require waivers. Either or is still not enticing enough for me to take on Bouwmeester, let alone move Scherbak + a 3rd as well.

if STL were to add Perunovich to the deal I'd do it. But all of it is for nothing anyways. Bouwmeester wouldn't waive his NTC to lose half of his last big paychecks he'll ever get, playing in MTL.

EDIT: EDM deal is horrible for MTL.... I've said it a thousand times, only way I see Lucic in a Habs uniform is if I see Alzner as an Oiler, end of story. His contract is basically buyout proof. I bet coach CJ would like a Shawn Thornton type player on his 4th (which he already has with Deslauriers btw...), but Shawn Thornton didn't cost 6$mil a year for the next half decade like Lucic would...
Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:15 a.m.
habs_fan
MTL should not do the lucic trade
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Replace Barbashev with Sundqvist maybe?? I don't know, I feel like the Habs would be helping STL out A LOT by taking Bouwmeester and his cap hit. Sundqvist might be a better fit as a right shooting C / RW on the Habs 4th line then yet another left shooting C / LW in Barbashev, and both still aren't helping the Habs with their roster issue as both still would require waivers. Either or is still not enticing enough for me to take on Bouwmeester, let alone move Scherbak + a 3rd as well.

if STL were to add Perunovich to the deal I'd do it. But all of it is for nothing anyways. Bouwmeester wouldn't waive his NTC to lose half of his last big paychecks he'll ever get, playing in MTL.

EDIT: EDM deal is horrible for MTL.... I've said it a thousand times, only way I see Lucic in a Habs uniform is if I see Alzner as an Oiler, end of story. His contract is basically buyout proof. I bet coach CJ would like a Shawn Thornton type player on his 4th (which he already has with Deslauriers btw...), but Shawn Thornton didn't cost 6$mil a year for the next half decade like Lucic would...

this is where you're in the Minority .

both deals i did dedicated posts for other Teams fans to voice their opinion on Value and the STL deal this is what we came up with .
if i thought they'd give up OS i'd take it but he's Barbashev's replacement and what made Ivan Expendable to them as last year they woulda shot this trade down .

EDM deal works for both teams , sure i coulda got more but not by much as cap dumps dont get you top prospects it gets you decent prospects the organization is done with like Hinnistroza,Crouse and Armia in the Hossa,Bolland and Mason . the only better solution i can find that works for both teams is a Datsyuk cap dump deal at the Draft for a mid 1st round pick .

Jay Bouwmeester is a pending UFA he'd 100% waive to go to a better team to play with Weber who he's won multiple golds with .
this ''lose half of his last big paycheck'' makes no sense in any context to this conversation and is telling me you didnt know he was a pending UFA

you always slant the deal hard in MTL's favor which is your prerogative .
Mine is to try to make fair trades for all involved not just screw people over like in your version of my trades .
chiddie liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:32 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: habs_fan123
MTL should not do the lucic trade

read the conditions MTL can buy him out at any time and land a 2nd .
thats two 3rd's and a 2nd to buy out Lucic this summer.

i could get EDM to retain 15-20% but i'm thinking adding a prospect smilar to the Hossa trade package. or a deal like the Datsyuk one for a 1st round pick in exchange for picks .

either way Lucic is the big ladd who's going to give us 1 thing that we've lacked in our last 2 ECF appearances , a heavy weight to knock out any Kreider's before they get the chance to bowl for goalies
Nov. 3, 2018 at 10:48 a.m.
I am really happy with that Blues trade. Well done.
Billy316 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 11:12 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Billy316
this is where you're in the Minority .

both deals i did dedicated posts for other Teams fans to voice their opinion on Value and the STL deal this is what we came up with .
if i thought they'd give up OS i'd take it but he's Barbashev's replacement and what made Ivan Expendable to them as last year they woulda shot this trade down .

EDM deal works for both teams , sure i coulda got more but not by much as cap dumps dont get you top prospects it gets you decent prospects the organization is done with like Hinnistroza,Crouse and Armia in the Hossa,Bolland and Mason . the only better solution i can find that works for both teams is a Datsyuk cap dump deal at the Draft for a mid 1st round pick .

Jay Bouwmeester is a pending UFA he'd 100% waive to go to a better team to play with Weber who he's won multiple golds with .

Well you are definitely in the minority with regards to be willing to take on Lucic and give up picks and young players. 100%

again, I don't know how i feel about the STL deal, which should speak to how close it is in value. but as I explained, I think Habs would be helping STL out too much for what they are giving up, to what is coming back. STL fans seem eager to move Bouwmeester and you seem convinced he would find his old self (I am not convinced at all). So removing Barbashev and replacing him with Perunovich seems reasonable imo.

Also, it's only 12 games into the season and your ready to call MTL a better team than STL?... someone's getting ahead of himself lol. and I doubt Bouwmeester thinks that too.

this ''lose half of his last big paycheck'' makes no sense in any context to this conversation and is telling me you didnt know he was a pending UFA

it's because he's a UFA that I wrote that. Everyone can agree that Bouwmeester won't be getting another substantial contract in the NHL after this year. Maybe a 1-2 year deal at a low cost, but nothing more. he'd be losing more money in MTL than staying in STL. add the fact that Bouwmeester is probably comfortable at home and 99% thinks STL is the better team than MTL, he wont waive his NTC.

Mine is to try to make fair trades for all involved not just screw people over like in your version of my trades .

what the hell is this? have you looked at my previous ACGMs? I don't even think I've made a STL trade anywhere close to yours, and yet you have to be that obnoxious person who thinks he's above others on here. Don't be a condescending twat and just let some back and forth conversation happen first before saying crap like that.
Nov. 3, 2018 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: BootBoi
LOVE Lucic, but ED SAYS YES! !
Peca is an interesting project, good pedigree.
His dad took ED to the final in 2006.
Well done..-~

Michael Peca is not Matthew Pecas father
Blazingbat11, BootBoi and Billy316 liked this.
Nov. 4, 2018 at 1:55 a.m.
BootBoi
Gratitude, was total assumption..-~
Billy316 liked this.
Nov. 4, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Well you are definitely in the minority with regards to be willing to take on Lucic and give up picks and young players. 100%

again, I don't know how i feel about the STL deal, which should speak to how close it is in value. but as I explained, I think Habs would be helping STL out too much for what they are giving up, to what is coming back. STL fans seem eager to move Bouwmeester and you seem convinced he would find his old self (I am not convinced at all). So removing Barbashev and replacing him with Perunovich seems reasonable imo.

Also, it's only 12 games into the season and your ready to call MTL a better team than STL?... someone's getting ahead of himself lol. and I doubt Bouwmeester thinks that too.

it's because he's a UFA that I wrote that. Everyone can agree that Bouwmeester won't be getting another substantial contract in the NHL after this year. Maybe a 1-2 year deal at a low cost, but nothing more. he'd be losing more money in MTL than staying in STL. add the fact that Bouwmeester is probably comfortable at home and 99% thinks STL is the better team than MTL, he wont waive his NTC.

what the hell is this? have you looked at my previous ACGMs? I don't even think I've made a STL trade anywhere close to yours, and yet you have to be that obnoxious person who thinks he's above others on here. Don't be a condescending twat and just let some back and forth conversation happen first before saying crap like that.

everything about your last message was Obnoxious and everything you projected on to me is more about your issues then mine .

take a look at how you carry yourself before judging others Sir .
i made my observation without being immature that's the defining difference between us .

i enjoy how passionate you are but you talk in absolute's very arrogantly which puts people off.
my post's are open forums in which i debate , your posts are you're right everyone's wrong.
Nov. 4, 2018 at 10:39 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
everything about your last message was Obnoxious and everything you projected on to me is more about your issues then mine .

take a look at how you carry yourself before judging others Sir .
i made my observation without being immature that's the defining difference between us .

i enjoy how passionate you are but you talk in absolute's very arrogantly which puts people off.
my post's are open forums in which i debate , your posts are you're right everyone's wrong.

So I initially make counter arguments to your thread (which is the point of all this), which were not insulting or derogatory, just trying to further the discussion.

you respond:

and I'm the arrogant one who needs to "take a look at how you carry yourself before judging others Sir ."?
Someone needs to take a look in the mirror.

I took offense and responded, but I still attempted to try and further the discussion of the thread... now you've abandoned the whole purpose of this thread because you are more focused on just stroking your ego by projecting yourself above me. Get over yourself.

So again, one last attempt. I believe taking on Bouwmeester's contract and giving STL all that extra cap space (to go out and possibly get Bobrovski?) is worth more then just upgrading from Scherbak + 3rd to Barbashev (some might not even consider it an upgrade), which is why I believe a prospect like Perunovich makes things more inciting and fair.
So far the only people on here who've agreed with you on the trade are STL fans and one Pens fan I believe. Would very much like the opinions of other Habs fans and see what they think. Cheers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll