SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

What is a FAIR Nylander Trade?

Nov. 11, 2018 at 7:28 p.m.
get ur corsi up
With everyday that passes a trade becomes more and more likely for RFA William Nylander. I've seen lots of Leafs fans on this site make trade ideas, most of which are obscenely in favour of the Leafs. So what are some actually fair trades for a player of Nylander's calibre. I understand it is very difficult trading someone like Nylander who is young and has lots of potential, but if a trade is to occur what is fair?
Nov. 11, 2018 at 8:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The first issue, is Nylander's contract. So many folks think the Leafs are going to trade Nylander and this new team is miraculously going to sign him. Why? There is no reason to believe that most other teams would want to sign a contract with Nylander different that what the Leafs are offering. So really, that really eliminates a lot of Leafs/Nylander suitors.
Actually I think there are just as many obscenely trades that undervalue him in trades as those that overvalue him. My thinking that Nylander not a UFA for five years (minus six weeks), so his trade value should reflect this.
The other reason I think the Leafs would rather "let him sit" this year than make a bad trade, so the precedent it sets for other Leaf RFAs. Wouldn't it just encourage other RFAs to sit and wait for a trade?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll