SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(LAK / PIT) - Hagelin for Pearson

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 16, 2018 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: Missouri
Ya, Extremely glad it wasn't one of them. Rust and Maata are way better than Hags Imo.

I get the feeling there's more to come from Jim Rutherford. Especially if PIT remains on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. They have way too much talent to miss the playoffs. I think Maata, Rust, and even Kessel could be trade bait.
Missouri liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:07 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: Brian2016
I get the feeling there's more to come from Jim Rutherford. Especially if PIT remains on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. They have way too much talent to miss the playoffs. I think Maata, Rust, and even Kessel could be trade bait.

Ooh I really hope not Kessel. If so, we better get good return!
awesome liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
Banned
Can somebody give me more information on Carl Hagelin as a player please?
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
I see this deal as much worse for the Kings than many suggest here - Hagelin didn't have a good first stint in the pacific. the heavier , possession style game doesn't suit him. he's a North-South player, PKer and secondary scorer at best. his best time in New York was when they were playing true Run'n gun hockey. I've lost count how often his stone hands cost him goals. could've easily had 25-30.read: he's not the kind of guy you can plop on your top line alongside an elite center and expect him to produce. for what he's able to do he was always overpaid. now the pens found a way to move him for someone who CAN be relied upon for that exact purpose while the Kings just piss away an asset (sorry but it has to be said in a crass manner) without even a mid round pick back. poor move

the guy each team gave up was probably a better fit for each team, but the move was made more to shake things up than anything else. Hagelin was a key part of the pens success, overpaid yes but not much more than pearson.(the retained amount made the move cap neutral I am assuming for this year). Pearson is signed beyond this season, that and the effort to shake things up is why the pens made the move. Kings wanted to shake things up and moving a struggling player for a faster player who might not fit the system is throwing stuff at the wall to hope something works.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:31 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
Can somebody give me more information on Carl Hagelin as a player please?

extremely fast, good defensively, great on the PK, stone hands so often fails to capitalize on opportunities.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:19 p.m.
Pete
This is an absolute LA win. They will be in 4 Million + next season. I am also wondering how PIT brings Pearson under the cap 2019 and if he meets the expectations.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:21 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: awesome
extremely fast, good defensively, great on the PK, stone hands so often fails to capitalize on opportunities.

Thank you!
Jun. 29, 2019 at 3:47 a.m.
AT the time this move had me beyond upset only to be eclipsed by idiotic Vegas trade of Colin Miller... Pearson was my 3rd favorite player on Kings behind Carter and Toffoli smile... I think I said he was my 2nd in a typo or so too... HE was a key player, 1st rounder, entire team was struggling so it was hardly him to blame... I could quote their stats to give an idea... Kyle Clifford finished among the top goal scorers on the team hehe... They had like 10 goals or less for most the season as highest totals for the team if that... I'll never forgive this move... They made stupid move to get Dion Phaneuf along w/ Thomson to add like 7M in cap space for 4.85M of Gaborik who was likely to get LTIR if he didn't produce offense... Then add like another 7M to sign Kovalov? ILya whatever his name... What a bust that was spending like 13M in cap hit when the team needs a right shooting D-man... Instead they played most of last few seasons w/ 5 left shot D-man and Drew...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit