Fire Mike Smith into the Sun

Created by: Michael
Team: 2018-19 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 15, 2018
Published: Nov. 15, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CGY
    Closest team to Kennedy Space Center. Get his rocket ready.
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$79,500,000$66,952,542$0$1,540,000$12,547,458
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    $4,300,000$4,300,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,850,000$4,850,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 6
    $850,000$850,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $3,125,000$3,125,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,950,000$1,950,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $1,675,000$1,675,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,375,000$3,375,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $3,857,143$3,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,237,500$1,237,500
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $4,650,400$4,650,400
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $755,833$755,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Nov. 15, 2018 at 11:51 p.m.
    CGY
    Ugh
    Nov. 15, 2018 at 11:52 p.m.
    The Flames could just put him on waivers and bury him in the minors. The bright side to all of this is that he is a UFA at the end of the season.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:02 a.m.
    Beanmachine
    He is god awful - that game should end the debate and Rittich will have to show what he is made of.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:03 a.m.
    ForeignObjects316
    Hanifin Backlund and Andersen screwed CGY not Smith

they kept trying to start **** with Domi's line that only ever leads to their line producing and outworking our opponents .

Lehkonen and Kotkanemi jumped after Backlund got pissed after Domi and Shaw layed out 2 CGY players hard before the Lehkonen goal including Shaw laying out Backlund after he caught him reaching for the puck in the neutral zone . Frustration set in and these 3 players screwed the other 20 skaters on the bench as Tkchuck was playing hot and likely could have pounded home another goal if CGY didnt have to kill off a dumb penalty taking away their chance to rebound after a goal the next shift .

you're lucky Smith waste's his time in CGY because you're system is rely on Gaudreau , Monahan , Giordano and Brodie to win games for you with to many underachievers to list.
    signing Neal was probably your biggest mistake as he just clashes with your system and its players like Alzner does for MTL
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:11 a.m.
    Quoting: Billy316

they kept trying to start **** with Domi's line that only ever leads to their line producing and outworking our opponents .

Lehkonen and Kotkanemi jumped after Backlund got pissed after Domi and Shaw layed out 2 CGY players hard before the Lehkonen goal including Shaw laying out Backlund after he caught him reaching for the puck in the neutral zone . Frustration set in and these 3 players screwed the other 20 skaters on the bench as Tkchuck was playing hot and likely could have pounded home another goal if CGY didnt have to kill off a dumb penalty taking away their chance to rebound after a goal the next shift .

you're lucky Smith waste's his time in CGY because you're system is rely on Gaudreau , Monahan , Giordano and Brodie to win games for you with to many underachievers to list.
    signing Neal was probably your biggest mistake as he just clashes with your system and its players like Alzner does for MTL

Lol as your team gets carried by Price. The Flames system wasn't an issue tonight, it's squarely on Smith and you're delusional if you think anything else. Also, the Flames are reliant on their best players to lead the way to win games, wow that's a breakthrough strategy. Goaltending was the simple difference tonight. I'll agree that Neal hasn't been good, but if you think tonight was based off anything other than the guys between the pipes, you're ridiculous. The winning goal was a 30 foot unobstructed shot on the ice.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:14 a.m.
    Quoting: Michael
    Lol as your team gets carried by Price. The Flames system wasn't an issue tonight, it's squarely on Smith and you're delusional if you think anything else. Also, the Flames are reliant on their best players to lead the way to win games, wow that's a breakthrough strategy. Goaltending was the simple difference tonight. I'll agree that Neal hasn't been good, but if you think tonight was based off anything other than the guys between the pipes, you're ridiculous.

"the Flames are reliant on their best players to lead the way to win games"....... PRICE IS OUR BEST PLAYER. so whats wrong if he helps us win????? You just contradicted urself. im 100% flames would trade an arm and a leg to acquire a player like Price. Not only did the young D cost u the game, but so did Smith. u can't really blame the young D, because they're young. And this was arguably one of Price's best games of the season. before that the Habs were carrying him.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:18 a.m.
    ForeignObjects316
    Lol as your team gets carried by Price. The Flames system wasn't an issue tonight, it's squarely on Smith and you're delusional if you think anything else. Also, the Flames are reliant on their best players to lead the way to win games, wow that's a breakthrough strategy. Goaltending was the simple difference tonight. I'll agree that Neal hasn't been good, but if you think tonight was based off anything other than the guys between the pipes, you're ridiculous. The winning goal was a 30 foot unobstructed shot on the ice.

you're foolish this is the only game Price has played well this season dont be so foolish kid

your system was clearly the problem , believe what you want you were out worked by a group that was projected to be a NHL bottom feeder because we had no '' stars'' outside Price Gallagher and Weber. I know a bad system when i see it MTL had one last year and we shook it off moved out players who didnt fit with our new direction and have been top 10 in the NHL all year long
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:30 a.m.
    Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
    "the Flames are reliant on their best players to lead the way to win games"....... PRICE IS OUR BEST PLAYER. so whats wrong if he helps us win????? You just contradicted urself. im 100% flames would trade an arm and a leg to acquire a player like Price. Not only did the young D cost u the game, but so did Smith. u can't really blame the young D, because they're young. And this was arguably one of Price's best games of the season. before that the Habs were carrying him.

I meant tonight, yeah teams rely on their best players to win games. I agree that the Flames would trade a lot for Price, and frankly they do need to make some sort of move about this season. I don't disagree with anything you said in this, Price was fantastic tonight and definitely needed it after his rocky start to the year, and the Flames would kill for someone of his talent.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:33 a.m.
    you're foolish this is the only game Price has played well this season dont be so foolish kid

your system was clearly the problem , believe what you want you were out worked by a group that was projected to be a NHL bottom feeder because we had no '' stars'' outside Price Gallagher and Weber. I know a bad system when i see it MTL had one last year and we shook it off moved out players who didnt fit with our new direction and have been top 10 in the NHL all year long

The Habs are a lot better than people are giving them credit for, I watched all night long as was consistently impressed by their speed and work ethic, they never quit on the puck or on their checks. I meant Price carried the Habs tonight, but I know he had been bad this season. I don't know what specific issues with our system you're talking about, but I'd be open to hearing more. Overall I've found the Flames have played well, but haven't gotten much help in net from Smith, Rittich on the other hand has played very well.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:45 a.m.
    CGY

Yes MTL has a good team. But the Backlund penalty had nothing to do with the outcome. Flames still had almost 6 minutes to get the job done and didn’t. The game was decided by goaltending and MTL won that battle. End of story. It wasn’t won by some biblical effort out of the Domi line as you suggest
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 12:57 a.m.
    ForeignObjects316
    Quoting: ItWasIn
    Yes MTL has a good team. But the Backlund penalty had nothing to do with the outcome. Flames still had almost 6 minutes to get the job done and didn’t. The game was decided by goaltending and MTL won that battle. End of story. It wasn’t won by some biblical effort out of the Domi line as you suggest

its easy for you to say after you lost , its harder to admit the other teams players out worked you in every respect .
    if it wasnt for Tkchuck CGY would be goaless

99% of the time its nothing but smack talk about Price but the 1 game in 2 seasons he's played stellar and all of a sudden its all Price . It gets REALLY friggin old fast when people who dont know **** all about our system try to undercut our success by going '' its price '' even though literally every game this Seasons Domi's been a Factor in deciding it scoring in 15/18 games thus far as the defining force behind our success .

Tatar deserves credit as well but like Drouin his points came in bunches he wasnt as consistent as Domi who's scored like 4 goals this year in the opening 5 minutes
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 1:19 a.m.
    STH
    As an innocent bystander I would just like to say, this is what Billy Peters does to goalies. I'm sorry you good people in CGY have to deal with this **** now. That is all.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 1:22 a.m.
    Lets go bolts!
    smith and coburn on the same team . . . wow the sun is getting a roster together
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 3:20 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh
    Quoting: ItWasIn

My take from the game was that every time Gio and Brodie were on the ice, game was very tilted in CGY’s favor, those guys were awesome, especially when the Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett line was out.. Hanafin and Hamonic sucked (don’t know if it was an off game for them) and Andersson and Valimaki struggled (but their super young, so no worries).

And I hope Price can consistently play like he just did, hasn’t been like that at all this season.

What happened to Gillies in CGY thought he be above Rittich.
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:12 a.m.
    CGY
    Quoting: Blazingbat11

What happened to Gillies in CGY thought he be above Rittich.

Think he has something like an .860 save percentage in Stockton this year. But Stockton is also a terrible team this year so it may be unfair to blame it all on him. Unlike Smith with terrible numbers and a team above .500
    Nov. 16, 2018 at 11:09 a.m.
    I meant tonight, yeah teams rely on their best players to win games. I agree that the Flames would trade a lot for Price, and frankly they do need to make some sort of move about this season. I don't disagree with anything you said in this, Price was fantastic tonight and definitely needed it after his rocky start to the year, and the Flames would kill for someone of his talent.

flames should go real hard after bobrovsky. yeah he's having a rocky start, but he would do wonders. he is and remains to be a vezina caliber goalie. also anotehr guy; try and trade for J quick.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll