Forums/Armchair-GM

A fair Nylander trade

Created by: Caniac2000
Team: 2018-19 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 15, 2018
Published: Nov. 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I realise now how good Moore is but I made this forever ago and he was a 4th round no one
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,000,000
Trades
CAR
  1. Kadri, Nazem
  2. Moore, Trevor
Additional Details:
Nylander, William
TOR
  1. Hamilton, Dougie
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$67,224,166$0$4,420,000$12,275,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,860,000$2,860,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW
UFA - 6
$746,667$746,667 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$887,500$887,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 6
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
D
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:04 a.m.
Jangle29
You are hysterical. Kadri is worth 2 1sts right now locked up at 4.5 mil and multiple 30 goal seasons (very similar to the value of Pesce), and Nylander is worth minimum 2 1sts + similar to the value of Kessel back in 2009. So Hamilton is worth 4 1sts in your eyes.....so smart. You are the typical homer fan who wants to world. You think its leafs fans who make stupid trade ideas but everyone is laughing at this one no matter what team they cheer for.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:07 a.m.
Jangle29
Bottom line is Toronto does NOT want to trade Nylander, and does not HAVE to trade Nylander. So If Carolina ever wants to be relevant in the NHL again and get better they will have to eventually trade for better players or wait it out drafting. Enjoy your painfully average team
clark liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:14 a.m.
Quoting: Jangle29
Bottom line is Toronto does NOT want to trade Nylander, and does not HAVE to trade Nylander. So If Carolina ever wants to be relevant in the NHL again and get better they will have to eventually trade for better players or wait it out drafting. Enjoy your painfully average team

Painfully Average
You are hysterical. Kadri is worth 2 1sts right now locked up at 4.5 mil and multiple 30 goal seasons (very similar to the value of Pesce), and Nylander is worth minimum 2 1sts + similar to the value of Kessel back in 2009. So Hamilton is worth 4 1sts in your eyes.....so smart. You are the typical homer fan who wants to world. You think its leafs fans who make stupid trade ideas but everyone is laughing at this one no matter what team they cheer for.

Hamilton is 25 and is about to hit his top, Nylander is already there, Hamilton is only on 5.75 which helps with signing MAtthews and Marner, Hamilton is from Toronto. Kadri isn't worth 1 1st rounder. He's a 2C tops, thats not a 1st rounder, otherwise Jordan Staal is worth much more because he has the same production and better shutdown skills

... Nylander wouldn't even be the best player in Carolina..... Carolina have an elite blue line solid forward core and the average goaltending they've been getting is bailing them out. They have been a dominant team in terms of chance creation and shots totals. You are hysterical my friend enjoy your team flopping in the first round because they can't stop a bus!
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:44 a.m.
Jangle29
Quoting: Caniac2000
Painfully Average
Hamilton is 25 and is about to hit his top, Nylander is already there, Hamilton is only on 5.75 which helps with signing MAtthews and Marner, Hamilton is from Toronto. Kadri isn't worth 1 1st rounder. He's a 2C tops, thats not a 1st rounder, otherwise Jordan Staal is worth much more because he has the same production and better shutdown skills

... Nylander wouldn't even be the best player in Carolina..... Carolina have an elite blue line solid forward core and the average goaltending they've been getting is bailing them out. They have been a dominant team in terms of chance creation and shots totals. You are hysterical my friend enjoy your team flopping in the first round because they can't stop a bus!

Cans are what 8-7 right now lol some good.
Lets recap-
2nd line centre not worth more than a 1st = wrong
Nylander hit his peak at 21 = complete guess because you have no clue
Hamilton 4 years older but somehow has more potential even though hes already been moved twice questioning his character = another complete guess
Staal the same production as Kadri = wrong
I have to revisit the "2c is not worth a 1st" statement because its just too laughable. Im sure others will agree.
-
Have fun in the lottery draft this season, no need to be jealous bro
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:54 a.m.
Cans are what 8-7 right now lol some good.
Lets recap-
2nd line centre not worth more than a 1st = wrong
Nylander hit his peak at 21 = complete guess because you have no clue
Hamilton 4 years older but somehow has more potential even though hes already been moved twice questioning his character = another complete guess
Staal the same production as Kadri = wrong
I have to revisit the "2c is not worth a 1st" statement because its just too laughable. Im sure others will agree.
-
Have fun in the lottery draft this season, no need to be jealous bro

Bro your a joke tears of joy Kadri has the exact same production to Staal, Staal has more 60+ point seasons, Staal has Selke votes, Staal is not worth a 1st, Kadri isn't either. I didn't say Nylander peaked, it's a fact forwards peak earlier then D men. Defencemen and powerforwards take forever to develop. Thats a fact. Have fun getting blown out in the 1st round by a real team!
Canes are 8-7-3 which is above .500 leafs in their last 5 are 2-3 last 6 2-4.... Much better tears of joy, your actiually a joke mate, get lost. Pull your head out of your backside for a minute, I know winning teams are fun but your a joke!!!
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:23 a.m.
Banned

Yes this is a bad trade, but settle down there bud, Kadri is not worth 2 first rounder because he has a decent contract. You could argue he's worth a max of 6 mill at best but he's still likely a 2C on most other teams. Great player and I do love the guy but pump the breaks your response was a homer yelling at a different homer about being a homer for a different home team.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:24 a.m.
forget Moore, he's really a minor league. two good nhlers with nine years years of NHL rights don't get a Hamilton and his three years of control. canes dmen aren't all Norris winners. Nylander has peaked, then maybe the canes should trade aho and teravainen if age is your criteria. leafs are fine troll, you got some reaction to this post. but if trying to be real zero stars
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:28 a.m.
Banned
Painfully Average

Nylander is 22 and players don't generally hit their top until about 24. Which hurts your argument. On top of that Hamilton was forced out of Boston because of his attitude and then out of Calgary because he pointed the finger at his own defence core for the team not being very good. He also takes a lot of dumb penalties as well. Hamilton has talent but he's also got baggage and a trade now would see his stock plummet since he just got traded.

If you ask my opinion TO doesn't need to spend huge on a defenseman. They would be better off not wasting assets on overpayment and instead wait till the deadline to find a seller who has a defensive upgrade the Leafs can get for cheap. I'm looking at your Vancouver. Chris Tanev won't cost a tonne and is a perfect addition for the next 2 years.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:42 a.m.
This is one of the most lopsided trades that I have seen on this sight. Toronto asks if it is April 1 or something.
Jangle29 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Kadri is just a player you don't trade. His point totals don't show for it but his skill does. They way he can transform youngsters into scorers. He is also on a friendly contract. Anyways, I think that Hamilton doesn't get traded because he just got to Carolina.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: clark
forget Moore, he's really a minor league. two good nhlers with nine years years of NHL rights don't get a Hamilton and his three years of control. canes dmen aren't all Norris winners. Nylander has peaked, then maybe the canes should trade aho and teravainen if age is your criteria. leafs are fine troll, you got some reaction to this post. but if trying to be real zero stars

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Thank you to that made my day you homer
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: Gronk
Kadri is just a player you don't trade. His point totals don't show for it but his skill does. They way he can transform youngsters into scorers. He is also on a friendly contract. Anyways, I think that Hamilton doesn't get traded because he just got to Carolina.

I agree with you in most of this, but in my opinion this is the only way everyone is happy is if Hamilton goes. He won’t and Nylander doesn’t leave Toronto but this is one of the better ways
Gronk liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:16 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
I agree with you in most of this, but in my opinion this is the only way everyone is happy is if Hamilton goes. He won’t and Nylander doesn’t leave Toronto but this is one of the better ways

I just feels the leafs are overpaying by a bit.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:18 a.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Nylander is 22 and players don't generally hit their top until about 24. Which hurts your argument. On top of that Hamilton was forced out of Boston because of his attitude and then out of Calgary because he pointed the finger at his own defence core for the team not being very good. He also takes a lot of dumb penalties as well. Hamilton has talent but he's also got baggage and a trade now would see his stock plummet since he just got traded.

If you ask my opinion TO doesn't need to spend huge on a defenseman. They would be better off not wasting assets on overpayment and instead wait till the deadline to find a seller who has a defensive upgrade the Leafs can get for cheap. I'm looking at your Vancouver. Chris Tanev won't cost a tonne and is a perfect addition for the next 2 years.

That’s all wrong but K... whatever you say
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:19 a.m.
I just feels the leafs are overpaying by a bit.

I think people are undervaluing what Dougie Hamilton is. He’s literally a god in the O zone and he’s solid in his own end. He’s a god in transition and gives the leafs a Gardiner Reilly Hamilton threat on each pair? That makes the D so much better.
Gronk liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:23 a.m.
Quoting: clark

Aho and Teravainen are actually playing hockey right now. Nylander isnt. Not all canes D men are Norris winners, but Hamilton is the closest you’ll find. He’s actually a god on skates. He’s mega underrated and only getting better. I’m not using age as my justification I’m saying Nylander won’t get much better. Hamilton has years or growing left because D is more complex and it takes longer to understand the position at an NHL level completely
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:24 a.m.
Jangle29
Yes this is a bad trade, but settle down there bud, Kadri is not worth 2 first rounder because he has a decent contract. You could argue he's worth a max of 6 mill at best but he's still likely a 2C on most other teams. Great player and I do love the guy but pump the breaks your response was a homer yelling at a different homer about being a homer for a different home team.

No but to toronto he is worth 2 1sts, no team in their position would take less. Its always about value thus why Skinner did not get a good return because the value to carolina was not nearly as high as other teams.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:25 a.m.
Jangle29
Aho and Teravainen are actually playing hockey right now. Nylander isnt. Not all canes D men are Norris winners, but Hamilton is the closest you’ll find. He’s actually a god on skates. He’s mega underrated and only getting better. I’m not using age as my justification I’m saying Nylander won’t get much better. Hamilton has years or growing left because D is more complex and it takes longer to understand the position at an NHL level completely

God on skates, hmmm. So THATS why Boston and Calgary both did not have use for him. Its all coming together now!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:26 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
I think people are undervaluing what Dougie Hamilton is. He’s literally a god in the O zone and he’s solid in his own end. He’s a god in transition and gives the leafs a Gardiner Reilly Hamilton threat on each pair? That makes the D so much better.

Hamilton is a beast. Is he worth a 1Rw and a 2c, while taking a B prospect? NO WAY. Nylander, Moore, plus a decent pick (3-4 ) is equal value wise
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:39 a.m.
God on skates, hmmm. So THATS why Boston and Calgary both did not have use for him. Its all coming together now!

That’s because he’s an antisocial little man but he’s elite. His stats back it. He’s a god on skates.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:39 a.m.
Banned
That’s all wrong but K... whatever you say

Ummm what? What is wrong there?

Nylander's age? He is infact 22 years old and will be until May.

Do players generally hit their statistical peak at around 24? Take a look at 20 players and tell me how many had their top year around 24. Also don't go far back in time, I'm talking about the past 10 years or so.

Did Hamilton get traded from Boston because of an attitude issue? There were several reports about that, he wasn't fitting in and apparently wanted to much money so Sweeney sent him to Calgary.
Last summer when Hamilton rumours started hitting the airwaves, many experts said he was way too nonchalant about losing and the Flames wanted to change their culture a little and Hamilton was the odd man out.

So if Carolina was to want to trade him now, the optics will paint Hamilton as a problem player, whether that is true or not doesn't really matter. Its enough of a concern that it would affect his worth. Good players don't get traded 3 times before they are 26.

With all that said, I don't see this trade happening because Hamilton hasn't been a problem.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:40 a.m.
Hamilton is a beast. Is he worth a 1Rw and a 2c, while taking a B prospect? NO WAY. Nylander, Moore, plus a decent pick (3-4 ) is equal value wise

Read the description, I did this before Moore was good. Kadri isn’t a 2C right now would be what I point out. He’s a 3C and Nylander isn’t NHL ready he’s in Euro shape
Gronk liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:41 a.m.
Jangle29
Ummm what? What is wrong there?

Nylander's age? He is infact 22 years old and will be until May.

Do players generally hit their statistical peak at around 24? Take a look at 20 players and tell me how many had their top year around 24. Also don't go far back in time, I'm talking about the past 10 years or so.

Did Hamilton get traded from Boston because of an attitude issue? There were several reports about that, he wasn't fitting in and apparently wanted to much money so Sweeney sent him to Calgary.
Last summer when Hamilton rumours started hitting the airwaves, many experts said he was way too nonchalant about losing and the Flames wanted to change their culture a little and Hamilton was the odd man out.

So if Carolina was to want to trade him now, the optics will paint Hamilton as a problem player, whether that is true or not doesn't really matter. Its enough of a concern that it would affect his worth. Good players don't get traded 3 times before they are 26.

With all that said, I don't see this trade happening because Hamilton hasn't been a problem.

Too much logic here, move along
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:41 a.m.
Banned

You are probably right if we are talking open market and only look at what the players have done so far. I do think the fact he's been traded twice before he was 25 is a bit of a red flag though and the kid does take a lot of dumb penalties. I don't think TO would want to bring in a potential attitude issue. Plus Carolina I think would want to see a return on their investment from trading Hanafin and Lindholm to Calgary. If they trade Hamilton now, his value will plummet, why would you immediately trade a guy who spent a huge price to get in the first place?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
Read the description, I did this before Moore was good. Kadri isn’t a 2C right now would be what I point out. He’s a 3C and Nylander isn’t NHL ready he’s in Euro shape

Kadri could very well be the 1C in Carolina, Aho has been fine there but I think he's better suited as a winger. There are 8 centres who have scored 30 goals in each of the past 2 seasons. 3 of them are playing for the Leafs. Thats right Kadri is one of 8 NHL centres to score 30 or more goals in the past 2 seasons. How many does Carolina have?
Gronk and OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll