Forums/Armchair-GM

How about a 3-way

Created by: Breakaway
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 27, 2018
Published: Nov. 27, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Does This satisfy everyone? If not, please tell who's losing the deal.
Trades
MIN
  1. Senyshyn, Zach
Additional Details:
Bjork sent to Ottawa on Minnesota's behalf.
BOS
  1. Eriksson Ek, Joel
  2. Foligno, Marcus
  3. 2019 1st round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
Sent to Ottawa for Duchene.
MIN
BOS
  1. Duchene, Matt
Additional Details:
Sent to Minnesota. Resigns at 8m/8years
BOS
MIN
  1. Duchene, Matt
Additional Details:
To Minnestoa for their package.
BOS
    Trade Recap:
    From Boston: Anders Bjork, Zach Senyshyn
    To Boston: Charlie Coyle
    MIN
    BOS
      Trade Recap:
      From Minnesota: Charlie Coyle, Joel Eriksson Ek, Marcus Foligno and 2019 1st round pick
      To Minnesota: Matt Duchene (8yx8m deal) Zach Senyshyn
      MIN
      BOS
        Trade Recap:
        From Ottawa: Matt Duchene
        To Ottawa: Joel Eriksson Ek, Andres Bjork, Marcus Foligno 2019 1st Minnesota
        MIN
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the NYR
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the NYR
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        23$79,500,000$75,232,335$774,000$2,887,500$4,267,665
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Boston Bruins
        $6,125,000$6,125,000
        LW
        NMC
        UFA - 7
        $6,875,000$6,875,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        $6,666,667$6,666,667
        RW
        UFA - 5
        $872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $7,250,000$7,250,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 3
        $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
        RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $1,000,000$1,000,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        $916,667$916,667
        RW, C
        RFA - 1
        Logo of the Minnesota Wild
        $3,200,000$3,200,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 2
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        RW, C
        UFA - 2
        $1,275,000$1,275,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 3
        $4,500,000$4,500,000
        C, RW
        NMC
        UFA - 3
        $725,000$725,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
        LD
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $7,000,000$7,000,000
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $1,400,000$1,400,000
        LD
        UFA - 2
        $789,167$789,167
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $5,250,000$5,250,000
        LD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        LD
        UFA - 5
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $650,000$650,000
        RD
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 9:48 a.m.
        I-LOVE-HOCKEY
        Huge overpayment for Duchene
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:01 a.m.
        Bcarlo25
        This just seems way overly complicated from the Bruins standpoint. Just send senyshyn and bjork for coyle.

That said I don’t like that trade for Boston
        Gofnut999 liked this.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.
        I like it for the most part for the Wild. I'm not a fan of giving up Foligno or that 1st... Foligno has actually been a beast for us and I think he's worth very close to his high cap hit for a 4th liner. We've given up 3 1st rounders (counting Tuch to Vegas) in the past 6 drafts, if we made this trade that would be 5 1st round picks (JEE was a 2015 1st rounder) in the past 7 drafts... For the oldest team in the league, this isn't a good idea. I'm 100% on board if we could maybe give up Nino in a separate trade to get the 1st rounder OTT will want for Duchene and find a way to not give up Foligno.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.
        Bruins Fan
        Quoting: Bcarlo25
        This just seems way overly complicated from the Bruins standpoint. Just send senyshyn and bjork for coyle.

That said I don’t like that trade for Boston

Yeah, but another user brought up the fact that Minnesota isn't likely to trade a current core player for picks and prospects. I then thought about what they need and it's a top 6 C to replace Staal next season and eventually Koivu,
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:05 a.m.
        Bruins Fan
        Quoting: IamnotJC8989BRUINS
        Huge overpayment for Duchene

If you think it sucks, this may be my best mock yet. You're pretty famous around Bruins threads for making the worst / most mocks daily.
        Bcarlo25 liked this.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
        Bruins Fan
        Quoting: arousedcat
        I like it for the most part for the Wild. I'm not a fan of giving up Foligno or that 1st... Foligno has actually been a beast for us and I think he's worth very close to his high cap hit for a 4th liner. We've given up 3 1st rounders (counting Tuch to Vegas) in the past 6 drafts, if we made this trade that would be 5 1st round picks (JEE was a 2015 1st rounder) in the past 7 drafts... For the oldest team in the league, this isn't a good idea. I'm 100% on board if we could maybe give up Nino in a separate trade to get the 1st rounder OTT will want for Duchene and find a way to not give up Foligno.

I originally made a thread trading Alexander Khokhlachev and a 2nd for Coyle, but a user named Wabit commented that Minnesota would probably want something to help them win now. The trade morphed into a way to find them a top 6 center to replace Staal and eventually Koivu.

I mean, I can try making a Minnesota point of view thread but it's not likely to be as good as you could do for the team you follow. I don't get to watch Minnesota much.
        TanSor liked this.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:14 a.m.
        Quoting: Breakaway
        I originally made a thread trading Alexander Khokhlachev and a 2nd for Coyle, but a user named Wabit commented that Minnesota would probably want something to help them win now. The trade morphed into a way to find them a top 6 center to replace Staal and eventually Koivu.

I mean, I can try making a Minnesota point of view thread but it's not likely to be as good as you could do for the team you follow. I don't get to watch Minnesota much.

I love the logic, I just don't like the Foligno and 1st bit. I think your value is pretty close with a Duchene extension, too. If the Wild could find a way to get a better 1st round pick for Ottawa by using Nino (many teams need wingers right now) which would eliminate the need to add Foligno, then I'd do this trade.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
        Bruins Fan
        Quoting: arousedcat
        I love the logic, I just don't like the Foligno and 1st bit. I think your value is pretty close with a Duchene extension, too. If the Wild could find a way to get a better 1st round pick for Ottawa by using Nino (many teams need wingers right now) which would eliminate the need to add Foligno, then I'd do this trade.

I don't really understand why you'd want to trade Nino so you can keep a 1st and a 4th liner. I could rework the trade to send Nino to Ottawa instead of the 1st though. I think I'd end up going:
        Boston in: Coyle
        Boston Out: Bjork, Koko
        Minnesota in: Duchene
        Minnesota out: Coyle, Nino, Ek
        Ottawa in: Nino, Ek, Bjork, Koko
        Ottawa out: Duchene

Is that close to what you're thinking?
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:37 a.m.
        Banned
        Seems like an overly complicated trade between Ottawa and Min that doesn't really need boston in my opinion.

Boston isn't really adding anything to the mix.
        Anders Bjork has 1 goal and 2 assists in 20 games. Not exactly worth trading for on any level.
        Zach Senyshyn is in his second year in the AHL and not even close to putting up the point per game average you are really looking for in players down there to come up and be an impact. May I add with the total lack of secondary scoring in Boston if they thought the kid could play and net some goals he'd probably been called up by now.
        So I see no reason why either team really needs Boston involved. Boston surely hasn't give anything even close to value for Coyle and the trade is an obvious attempt to attach themselves to one to get something for basically nothing.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:38 a.m.
        BeastMode5515
        I don’t want to trade Bjork. He’s been extremely good this season. Sure, the points don’t show it but he has been really solid, and pretty damn unlucky. If you’re gonna ship anyone out, make it Heinen.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:39 a.m.
        BeastMode5515
        Quoting: pharrow
        Seems like an overly complicated trade between Ottawa and Min that doesn't really need boston in my opinion.

Boston isn't really adding anything to the mix.
        Anders Bjork has 1 goal and 2 assists in 20 games. Not exactly worth trading for on any level.
        Zach Senyshyn is in his second year in the AHL and not even close to putting up the point per game average you are really looking for in players down there to come up and be an impact. May I add with the total lack of secondary scoring in Boston if they thought the kid could play and net some goals he'd probably been called up by now.
        So I see no reason why either team really needs Boston involved. Boston surely hasn't give anything even close to value for Coyle and the trade is an obvious attempt to attach themselves to one to get something for basically nothing.

You see, if you were to bring up a stat for scoring chances/posts hit, I guarantee Bjork is top 5. He has some serious talent. Remember, he was our best forward prospect.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:40 a.m.
        MN just traded half of their bottom-6 + 1st for Duchene and a prospect (Senyshyn). They don't have the depth to absorb that loss. It also takes away 3 of the Wild's PK FWDs (Wild roll 3 groups).

Zucker/Staal/Granny
        Parise/Duchene/Nino
        Greenway (rookie)/Koivu/?
        ?/Fehr/?
        ? to be filled in with some combo of: J.T. Brown (not a fan), Kunin (not ready), Senyshyn (not ready, imo), Hendricks (shouldn't ever see the ice), Matt Read (can play but isn't good), a somewhat skilled midget (Rau, Kloos, Shaw, or Anas), or Cal O'Reilly (good AHL player/not good NHL player). With this group any injury or under-performing top-6 player and the Wild's season is over.

It actually hurts to lose Foligno, he's a PK anchor, and brings physicality to a team that sorely lacks it. Coyle isn't great but he fills a team need. JEE isn't untouchable, but he's one of the few young NHL players the Wild have.
        TanSor liked this.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:43 a.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: BeastMode5515
        You see, if you were to bring up a stat for scoring chances/posts hit, I guarantee Bjork is top 5. He has some serious talent. Remember, he was our best forward prospect.

Are you really going to blame 1 goal in 20 games on the post? Hell if he was so talented maybe he could try not hitting the post eh?
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.
        I don't really understand why you'd want to trade Nino so you can keep a 1st and a 4th liner. I could rework the trade to send Nino to Ottawa instead of the 1st though. I think I'd end up going:

Nino has been under-performing, has a big cap hit, and is one of 8 LHS top-9 FWDs. I would prefer to trade Zucker over Nino; much higher value, and I think he's a 1 trick pony.

Trading 3 roster players for 1 roster player is something teams with guys in the AHL pushing for NHL spots can do. The Wild aren't one of those team, their AHL players are mostly AHL ceiling type of guys, or NHL ceiling players that need more AHL time.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:47 a.m.

I meant in a separate trade. This is just an example, but trade Nino and maybe a little extra (later pick) to say NJD for a 3rd line RW (maybe Joseph Anderson?) and a 1st, and then flip that 1st to Ottawa instead of using Foligno and our own 1st. So Ottawa would get Joel Eriksson Ek, Andres Bjork, NJD 2019 1st (which would be a better 1st than MN's).
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:50 a.m.
        BeastMode5515
        Are you really going to blame 1 goal in 20 games on the post? Hell if he was so talented maybe he could try not hitting the post eh?

It’s harder than it sounds. You’d know if you’ve ever played hockey that sometimes you just have terrible luck. There might actually be a stat for that.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: BeastMode5515
        It’s harder than it sounds. You’d know if you’ve ever played hockey that sometimes you just have terrible luck. There might actually be a stat for that.

I did play hockey, all the way through college where I hurt my knee. Thanks.
        I also know 1 goal in 20 games for a "talented winger" is a joke. Good players find a way to put it in the net and they aren't making excuses for it.
        You aren't talking about a defense man shooting from 40+ feet away. Everyone else on the ice has to deal with the same crap. But yet somehow they manage to find the back of the net.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 7:22 p.m.
        Bruins Fan
        I did play hockey, all the way through college where I hurt my knee. Thanks.
        I also know 1 goal in 20 games for a "talented winger" is a joke. Good players find a way to put it in the net and they aren't making excuses for it.
        You aren't talking about a defense man shooting from 40+ feet away. Everyone else on the ice has to deal with the same crap. But yet somehow they manage to find the back of the net.

The thing you're missing is that Bjork has 1st line upside / talent and has only played 50 NHL games. He's also been on a struggling line paired with Heinen and sometimes Nordstrom or Backes, who are also struggling. If he was playing with DeBrusk + Krejci again all season like he was most of last season he'd have 3 times as many points right now which would still only be 9, but it'd certainly look a lot better. He's been good this year regardless and wins a good amount of 50/50 pucks.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 7:38 p.m.
        Banned
        The thing you're missing is that Bjork has 1st line upside / talent and has only played 50 NHL games. He's also been on a struggling line paired with Heinen and sometimes Nordstrom or Backes, who are also struggling. If he was playing with DeBrusk + Krejci again all season like he was most of last season he'd have 3 times as many points right now which would still only be 9, but it'd certainly look a lot better. He's been good this year regardless and wins a good amount of 50/50 pucks.

or maybe he's not playing there for a reason. You got to earn the ice time. You don't get it just because fans like you.
        There are so many young players who have "upside" that doesn't mean they reach it. Donato is one, Sprong is another. Both have a ton of upside. What have they done......nothing. It doesn't mean I give up on a player or whatever, it just means they don't really have all that much value. I can go on and on. You are what you are on the ice. Until you actually do something with it, you don't deserve the credit for it. You have to make your own breaks as they say. I don't know one team putting a guy on a line because one day he may reach his potential. There are too many other young players trying to show theirs and some are succeeding and some like Bjork, Donato, and Sprong aren't so far. There are plenty of young players who don't make it and had potential. There are some that maybe need a new situation. Either way, if you don't cut it on the ice you don't have much value.
        Nov. 27, 2018 at 7:44 p.m.
        Bruins Fan
        or maybe he's not playing there for a reason. You got to earn the ice time. You don't get it just because fans like you.
        There are so many young players who have "upside" that doesn't mean they reach it. Donato is one, Sprong is another. Both have a ton of upside. What have they done......nothing. It doesn't mean I give up on a player or whatever, it just means they don't really have all that much value. I can go on and on. You are what you are on the ice. Until you actually do something with it, you don't deserve the credit for it. You have to make your own breaks as they say. I don't know one team putting a guy on a line because one day he may reach his potential. There are too many other young players trying to show theirs and some are succeeding and some like Bjork, Donato, and Sprong aren't so far. There are plenty of young players who don't make it and had potential. There are some that maybe need a new situation. Either way, if you don't cut it on the ice you don't have much value.

He was good enough to play with them last season and did alright scoring 12 pts in 30 games. He hasn't gotten worse he's gotten much better, which is my point. You don't watch the Bruins every night so you're just looking at the box score, but that doesn't tell you who played well and who didn't. Players can have multipoint bad games and players can have zero point great games....

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll