SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Tom Wilson is an embarrassment

Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: pharrow
how pathetic. You would defend him killing your grandma.

He's a dirt ball.

If he could kill my grandma anymore than she already is I’d be impressed. But you act like he murdered this kid. He returned to the game and he was perfectly fine. He set sold the hit. He’s not hurt at all. And the contact wasn’t to the head.

To be clear

1) it wasn’t a head shot
2) it was late
3) he could have advoided it but then again he looked to try (not hard) but try by lifting his leg and pulling his shoulder towards his body
4) that’s called interference not head shot ... considering there was not head shot

5) I bet you defended the malkin hit
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: BurgerBoss
I meant right...sorry. But still, he could've definitely done things very differently.

If he goes right he takes out Kempny. I would say watch the video again and look closely at his body. He lifts his leg and moves his shoulder to the right. I mea. He did the bare minimum to try and advoid him but he missed the head and there was no injury. The kid roles on the ground like Oshie did after the Malkin hit to sell a call imo.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67
hahahaha the cap friendly me too movement has begun. Tj Oshie got powerbombes and the guy got 8k fine and no supenpsion. Wilson collides with a guy and gets a match penalty. It’s not worth my time to argue but I’m embarrassed for you

It's bad man, this was avoidable. He almost looked like he was going to move and then just let himself hit the guy. It's not his worst work but it just follows him. He may be done for the year.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:21 p.m.
Banned
If he could kill my grandma anymore than she already is I’d be impressed. But you act like he murdered this kid. He returned to the game and he was perfectly fine. He set sold the hit. He’s not hurt at all. And the contact wasn’t to the head.

To be clear

1) it wasn’t a head shot
2) it was late
3) he could have advoided it but then again he looked to try (not hard) but try by lifting his leg and pulling his shoulder towards his body
4) that’s called interference not head shot ... considering there was not head shot

The Malkin hit is way different lol. Oshie was going to hit Malkin, so Malkin decided to hit oshie first (which was a dirty hit on malkin) Wilson skated right into a guy whose back was turned and he passed the puck a while before the hit. Wilson had so much time to keep skating to the right to avoid the hit and his teammate. Theres a reason why he's always in the headlines, and thats because he is a dirty player who does not avoid the contact
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: LoganOllivier
It's bad man, this was avoidable. He almost looked like he was going to move and then just let himself hit the guy. It's not his worst work but it just follows him. He may be done for the year.

Oh no doubt in my mind he’s done. But again he didn’t hit his head and if it was anyone else even Marchand it was have been interference and no one would be having this conversation but admittedly bc wilson dirty past he got the match call

It was late and he looked like he was attempting to advoid it but I think it was a fear call by the ref and now the door is open to suspend him.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
Banned

To be clear

1) it wasn’t a head shot
2) it was late

Dude he hit him in the back when he wasn't even looking and didn't have the puck. There is no arguing that. You and "he lifted his leg", GTFO. That's about the same crap coming out your mouth as what happens when my dog lifts his leg. He tried to play the boarder line I'll get a cheap shot in and intimidate people and got his ass sent right off the ice. And should sit the rest of the year. Hockey isn't about intimidating people with cheap shots. Of course no one expects any better from a dude who won't fight anyone bigger than him, but likes picking on players smaller than him.
Come tell me. Why didn't he fight Reeves when he game him an open invitation? Why wouldn't he fight the Big Rig?
He's a cowardly little snot cheap shot artist. This is yet another example of it. Say Bye Bye Tom. No doubt the league is gonna drop a bomb on him for it. 9 games. He couldn't even play 10 games with out cheap shot someone.

But go on.....keep defending it. It's funny watching you try and fail.
awesome liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:29 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
The Malkin hit is way different lol. Oshie was going to hit Malkin, so Malkin decided to hit oshie first (which was a dirty hit on malkin) Wilson skated right into a guy whose back was turned and he passed the puck a while before the hit. Wilson had so much time to keep skating to the right to avoid the hit and his teammate. Theres a reason why he's always in the headlines, and thats because he is a dirty player who does not avoid the contact

Okay we can come to an agreement here. We both agree it was late and advoidable but again he didn’t hit the players head and the player of you watched the game was perfectly fine. He pulled an Oshie after the Malkin hit. And watching the play in slow martini doesn’t rwally tell the story well. The guy made a play and skated backwards into the center of the ice In the offensive zone. You have to admit this isn’t a common thing in hockey. Wilson I think was planning on killing the man behind the net and while skating the devils player skated into wilson path. Yeah Wilson could have adjusted and he looked like he was going to maybe he misjudged the spacing idk I’m not him. But to me it looks like he lifts his leg and pulls his shoulder into his body to weaken the contact. I think he would have hit him in the numbers if he actually wanted to injure him. Just my opinion
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:35 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Dude he hit him in the back when he wasn't even looking and didn't have the puck. There is no arguing that. You and "he lifted his leg", GTFO. That's about the same crap coming out your mouth as what happens when my dog lifts his leg. He tried to play the boarder line I'll get a cheap shot in and intimidate people and got his ass sent right off the ice. And should sit the rest of the year. Hockey isn't about intimidating people with cheap shots. Of course no one expects any better from a dude who won't fight anyone bigger than him, but likes picking on players smaller than him.
Come tell me. Why didn't he fight Reeves when he game him an open invitation? Why wouldn't he fight the Big Rig?
He's a cowardly little snot cheap shot artist. This is yet another example of it. Say Bye Bye Tom. No doubt the league is gonna drop a bomb on him for it. 9 games. He couldn't even play 10 games with out cheap shot someone.

But go on.....keep defending it. It's funny watching you try and fail.

He didn’t fight “big rig” bc the caps were winning and he’s a top line player. What’s his motive to fight him? He lives rent free in your head hence why you are making such a big deal out of a glorified interference call. This play happens almost once a night In the nhl but you pick this hit to make a big deal about? Wilsonhit him late from behind ? That’s a penalty not a suspension haha it wasn’t a boarding call the guy was skating backwards In the offensive zone ? And the comment about your dog and him not fighting I can tell your a low iq pgh guy. Probably think Tomlin should be fired or whatever else you idiots stereotypically talk about
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:36 p.m.
Banned
Okay we can come to an agreement here. We both agree it was late and advoidable but again he didn’t hit the players head and the player of you watched the game was perfectly fine. He pulled an Oshie after the Malkin hit. And watching the play in slow martini doesn’t rwally tell the story well. The guy made a play and skated backwards into the center of the ice In the offensive zone. You have to admit this isn’t a common thing in hockey. Wilson I think was planning on killing the man behind the net and while skating the devils player skated into wilson path. Yeah Wilson could have adjusted and he looked like he was going to maybe he misjudged the spacing idk I’m not him. But to me it looks like he lifts his leg and pulls his shoulder into his body to weaken the contact. I think he would have hit him in the numbers if he actually wanted to injure him. Just my opinion

Well I think the biggest thing is he isn’t changing at all. He’s just come off suspension and already is going to be suspended again. Wouldn’t you think he’d avoid any sort of contact that would get him suspended? He shouldve been a lot smarter and avoided that play entirely.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:38 p.m.
Banned
Oh no doubt in my mind he’s done. But again he didn’t hit his head and if it was anyone else even Marchand it was have been interference and no one would be having this conversation but admittedly bc wilson dirty past he got the match call

It was late and he looked like he was attempting to advoid it but I think it was a fear call by the ref and now the door is open to suspend him.

You are probably right and if he hadn't just been suspended for this exact crap he may have been spared but this could be it for him.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:38 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Well I think the biggest thing is he isn’t changing at all. He’s just come off suspension and already is going to be suspended again. Wouldn’t you think he’d avoid any sort of contact that would get him suspended? He shouldve been a lot smarter and avoided that play entirely.

Oh I agree wilson should play with almost zero contact. If it was up to me I would urge him to not hit anyone. But let’s be real if malkin or horny makes this hit it’s an interference call 2 minutes and we aren’t talking on thread about it
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:40 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: LoganOllivier
You are probably right and if he hadn't just been suspended for this exact crap he may have been spared but this could be it for him.

I agree if I was his coach I’d advise him to not make any contact ever. But if this was hyman we wouldn’t be talking about it and this is a 2 minute interference call
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:41 p.m.
Banned
Oh I agree wilson should play with almost zero contact. If it was up to me I would urge him to not hit anyone. But let’s be real if malkin or horny makes this hit it’s an interference call 2 minutes and we aren’t talking on thread about it

But that’s the thing. Malkin and Hornqvist aren’t that dumb like Wilson. Yes Malkin does dumb stuff, but he’s not going out there with the same intention as Wilson. And Hörnqvist isn’t a dirty player at all imo. He plays rough clean game
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:43 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
But that’s the thing. Malkin and Hornqvist aren’t that dumb like Wilson. Yes Malkin does dumb stuff, but he’s not going out there with the same intention as Wilson. And Hörnqvist isn’t a dirty player at all imo. He plays rough clean game

It was more of an example but I understand. And Malkin hit I think we both can agree was head contact and even that wasn’t worth a game ejection. Wilson didn’t make contact w the head.

This conversation and that call are more based on his reputation rather than this actual hit
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:59 p.m.
NHL Insider
I agree he's an embarrassment but there is a forum section of this website FFS
Eli and BeastMode5515 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:15 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: tkecanuck341
I just watched the video here. Not a fan of either team. Think Tom Wilson is a piece of garbage.

All that said, it doesn't look to me like it was head contact. It looks like he got him in the back/side and Seney's head wiplashes.

Yeah. It doesn't look safe or comfortable. But his head moves towards Wilson after his shoulder touches WIlson's shoulder.

In the postgame news conference, Reirden points out that the defenseman Wilson was supposed to be guarding is in the corner playing the puck, and Wilson is trying to get through traffic to cover his guy.

Could be an interference minor. Could be incidental contact. Is not a hit to the head.

On the other hand, can we take a moment, for the first time since Wilson's attempted shoulder-to-shoulder hit on Sundqvist, to ask why NHL players don't wear face cages and properly tightened chin straps? As soon as their shoulders make contact, Seney's helmet falls off. The mile-long strap catches on his chin, and his helmet whacks him in the face, pretty hard. I don't think he was emebellishing. I think he was startled enough by a bump from Wilson, ,and then his helmet bit him in the face, and he fell on it, getting attacked by his helmet again.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:16 p.m.
Who adds what?
If he goes right he takes out Kempny. I would say watch the video again and look closely at his body. He lifts his leg and moves his shoulder to the right. I mea. He did the bare minimum to try and advoid him but he missed the head and there was no injury. The kid roles on the ground like Oshie did after the Malkin hit to sell a call imo.

He's not faking. His helmet fell off and hit him in the face. Then he fell on the edge of his helmet. That had to hurt.

Next time, he will tighten his chin strap within eight inches of his actual chin, and that will not happen.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:30 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Eli
He's not faking. His helmet fell off and hit him in the face. Then he fell on the edge of his helmet. That had to hurt.

Next time, he will tighten his chin strap within eight inches of his actual chin, and that will not happen.

I mean the guy isn’t hurt he played 7-8 minutes later. Wilson is 6’4 220. That other guy is 5’7 156 I mean I could hit him and have a similar effect. But it doesn’t matter what I think Wilson is gone.

I didn’t mind them setting an example on him but to hold him to s different standard isn’t right. That’s 2 minute interference on any other player
Eli liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:40 p.m.
Who adds what?
I mean the guy isn’t hurt he played 7-8 minutes later. Wilson is 6’4 220. That other guy is 5’7 156 I mean I could hit him and have a similar effect. But it doesn’t matter what I think Wilson is gone.

I didn’t mind them setting an example on him but to hold him to s different standard isn’t right. That’s 2 minute interference on any other player

Absolutely. Or it's incidental contact, not even worth a whistle.

I don't think I'm saying that Wilson hit him and hurt him, either. Dude didn't put on his helmet right, he got bumped, and his helmet attacked him, and then he fell on the edge of his helmet. Sounds ridiculous, but watch the clip.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:43 p.m.
Banned
He didn’t fight “big rig” bc the caps were winning and he’s a top line player. What’s his motive to fight him? He lives rent free in your head hence why you are making such a big deal out of a glorified interference call. This play happens almost once a night In the nhl but you pick this hit to make a big deal about? Wilsonhit him late from behind ? That’s a penalty not a suspension haha it wasn’t a boarding call the guy was skating backwards In the offensive zone ? And the comment about your dog and him not fighting I can tell your a low iq pgh guy. Probably think Tomlin should be fired or whatever else you idiots stereotypically talk about

dude no one said it was a boarding call. Learn some reading comprehension. Enjoy your favorite player getting suspended for months again. He deserves it.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:46 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
dude no one said it was a boarding call. Learn some reading comprehension. Enjoy your favorite player getting suspended for months again. He deserves it.

Hha a boarding call is the only way that’s a suspendable play. Speaking of being able to comprehend haha

No head contact no injury

They are going to suspend him for interference? Maybe but that’s not bc of the hit it’s bc he’s Tom Wilson and his past history. So this becomes the nhl holding him to a new standard after making an example out of him.
BeastMode5515 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:46 p.m.
If anyone else makes that exact same hit it's a two minute penalty for interference. Not a smart play, but this isn't a big deal.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:49 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Eli
Absolutely. Or it's incidental contact, not even worth a whistle.

I don't think I'm saying that Wilson hit him and hurt him, either. Dude didn't put on his helmet right, he got bumped, and his helmet attacked him, and then he fell on the edge of his helmet. Sounds ridiculous, but watch the clip.

Ha I mean regardless it was a late hit but there wasn’t any head contact and no injury so how can you suspend him?
Eli liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:51 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: bags92
If anyone else makes that exact same hit it's a two minute penalty for interference. Not a smart play, but this isn't a big deal.

I agree. Also there wasn’t head contact and there wasn’t an injury. Idk how people are over reacting this bad. Idk if everyone is aware this player isn’t hurt. It’s not suspendable to clip a players shoulder. It’s a dick move but I mean 40 games?! That’s laughable. It’s more laughable that it’ll actually happen
Eli liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:54 p.m.
Who adds what?
Ha I mean regardless it was a late hit but there wasn’t any head contact and no injury so how can you suspend him?

I hope they don't on this one. The last one was dumb. This would be dumber. You're right that he had a choice between bumping into Seney or Kempny. There was no space between them and he had to get to the corner, quickly, from the blue line. The call on the ice was factually incorrect because he hit him arm to arm and shoulder to shoulder which, with a 7" height difference, probably takes some effort and consideration.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll