SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Tom Wilson is an embarrassment

Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:54 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I agree. Also there wasn’t head contact and there wasn’t an injury. Idk how people are over reacting this bad. Idk if everyone is aware this player isn’t hurt. It’s not suspendable to clip a players shoulder. It’s a dick move but I mean 40 games?! That’s laughable. It’s more laughable that it’ll actually happen

Obviously Wilson is under a microscope and any hit he makes is going to be seen as controversial by many. But like you said, there was absolutely no head contact. Was it a penalty? Yes. Should he have received a match penalty? Absolutely not.
BeastMode5515 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:58 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: bags92
Obviously Wilson is under a microscope and any hit he makes is going to be seen as controversial by many. But like you said, there was absolutely no head contact. Was it a penalty? Yes. Should he have received a match penalty? Absolutely not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dean_J6/status/1068729091472396290/photo/1

The player said it was a hit to the back of his shoulder. Just so everyone who said he was dead from a head shot
bags92 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Eli
I hope they don't on this one. The last one was dumb. This would be dumber. You're right that he had a choice between bumping into Seney or Kempny. There was no space between them and he had to get to the corner, quickly, from the blue line. The call on the ice was factually incorrect because he hit him arm to arm and shoulder to shoulder which, with a 7" height difference, probably takes some effort and consideration.

The njd player said it was a hit to the back of his shoulder haha
Eli liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:07 a.m.
Banned
Hha a boarding call is the only way that’s a suspendable play. Speaking of being able to comprehend haha

No head contact no injury

They are going to suspend him for interference? Maybe but that’s not bc of the hit it’s bc he’s Tom Wilson and his past history. So this becomes the nhl holding him to a new standard after making an example out of him.

there going to suspend him for an illegal check to the back. If anything else it's clipping, and Wilson should have known better. But he doesn't care which is why we won't care when he's gone!
Boarding is hitting someone into the boards, typically from 3-5 feet away which can cause injury.
My god, no wonder why you think plays like this are normal. You don't know the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:24 a.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: pharrow
there going to suspend him for an illegal check to the back. If anything else it's clipping, and Wilson should have known better. But he doesn't care which is why we won't care when he's gone!
Boarding is hitting someone into the boards, typically from 3-5 feet away which can cause injury.
My god, no wonder why you think plays like this are normal. You don't know the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he's trying to say that since it happened at open ice it's not suspendable. It sounds like you agree.

Hey, since this is a website about the salary cap, anybody know how much upper limit relief the Caps are getting out of all this? Will they be able to exceed the cap at the deadline by just, like, an elc, or by a whole bit superstar contract?
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:27 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

I understand what boarding is. I am saying that Normally boarding plays are the ones you get suspended for not hits to the back of the shoulder. Please be willing to read and be open minded bc you are reading like a 1st grader.

The devils player isnt injured and is quoted as saying it was a hit to his shoulder not his head. So Wilson was ejected for an illegal head shot and everyone except you and other penguins fans seem to think there’s such thing as an illegal shoulder chexk that isn’t boarding. Ha but please define e an illegal check from behind that the main point of contact is the shoulder and not the back. ..... I’ll wait
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:27 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
This is a complete joke. Dude just refuses to learn his lesson. Time to shut him down for the season. He won't learn anything, but maybe we'll prevent a few concussions.

The guy isn’t hurt and admits it was a hit to the shoulder not the head. Please get over yourself
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:32 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I think he's trying to say that since it happened at open ice it's not suspendable. It sounds like you agree.

Hey, since this is a website about the salary cap, anybody know how much upper limit relief the Caps are getting out of all this? Will they be able to exceed the cap at the deadline by just, like, an elc, or by a whole bit superstar contract?

Bingo thank you. I’ve never heard of an illegal check to the shoulder. Even if it’s the back of the shoulder. It’s def a penalty but again no head contact which is what everyone I. The thread claimed at first and no injury which I assume everyone thought based off his actions after
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:36 a.m.
Who adds what?
Bingo thank you. I’ve never heard of an illegal check to the shoulder. Even if it’s the back of the shoulder. It’s def a penalty but again no head contact which is what everyone I. The thread claimed at first and no injury which I assume everyone thought based off his actions after

Hit to the head was the call on the ice. It will take a lot of courage for the reviewing officials to overturn that based on the mere fact that it never happened, but here's hoping.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:39 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Hit to the head was the call on the ice. It will take a lot of courage for the reviewing officials to overturn that based on the mere fact that it never happened, but here's hoping.

The players is quoted saying it was a hit to the head and he has no confusion or any injuries haha

Also where is the Eric Johnson thread Jesus you see that tonight. But again reputation Wilson will get a suspension for a glorified interference call Johnson will get a fine
Eli liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:47 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

Also reeves hit tonight was way worse where his thread ?? It was like Wilson’s only he hit the guy In the numbers and extended his arms?
Dec. 1, 2018 at 4:55 a.m.
Banned
I understand what boarding is. I am saying that Normally boarding plays are the ones you get suspended for not hits to the back of the shoulder. Please be willing to read and be open minded bc you are reading like a 1st grader.

The devils player isnt injured and is quoted as saying it was a hit to his shoulder not his head. So Wilson was ejected for an illegal head shot and everyone except you and other penguins fans seem to think there’s such thing as an illegal shoulder chexk that isn’t boarding. Ha but please define e an illegal check from behind that the main point of contact is the shoulder and not the back. ..... I’ll wait

Dude you clearly don't know the rules. Any check from behind is illegal. ANY.
Obviously you don't know much about anatomy either because your shoulder is part of your back!
He clearly could have avoided contact. He chose not to and instead to deliver a hit. Honestly I hope it's 40 games.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 4:57 a.m.
Banned

I don't know where you learned how to read, but I do not agree. Any hit from behind is illegal and frankly the actions of a spineless little weasel.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 9:19 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Dude you clearly don't know the rules. Any check from behind is illegal. ANY.
Obviously you don't know much about anatomy either because your shoulder is part of your back!
He clearly could have avoided contact. He chose not to and instead to deliver a hit. Honestly I hope it's 40 games.

Your shoulder isn’t part of your back..... it’s a shoulder . Legal checks are shoulder to shoulder....... right right sooo how is a shoulder a back. Now there is a back part of the shoulder but that’s also not your back it’s your shoulder but from behind. “Your back” is mainly a spine when talking about bones. Or ribs please be smarter
Dec. 1, 2018 at 9:24 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: LoganOllivier
You are probably right and if he hadn't just been suspended for this exact crap he may have been spared but this could be it for him.

Hey I was told by my buddy nylander deal is done ..... bet you are happy
Dec. 1, 2018 at 9:50 a.m.
Who adds what?
I don't know where you learned how to read, but I do not agree. Any hit from behind is illegal and frankly the actions of a spineless little weasel.

I've been hit like that, into a wall. I didn't like it. I would be very happy with the NHL taking blindside, shoulder-to-shoulder checks out of the game, but they should do so through the rulebook, and it should apply to everybody.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I've been hit like that, into a wall. I didn't like it. I would be very happy with the NHL taking blindside, shoulder-to-shoulder checks out of the game, but they should do so through the rulebook, and it should apply to everybody.

well wilson isnt suspended ha like everyone knew bc it wasn't dirty
Eli liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: bishopsdad
https://mobile.twitter.com/rtaub_/status/1068680785178185728

Video for anyone who hasn’t seen the latest stupid hit by Wilson.

That is filth. How can you claim you're not trying to injure someone in a hit like that.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.
Banned
Hey I was told by my buddy nylander deal is done ..... bet you are happy

When it comes down i'll be happy. I do like the kid a lot. He's another high level talent on a team with several of them.
Eli liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:34 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
When it comes down i'll be happy. I do like the kid a lot. He's another high level talent on a team with several of them.

yeah heard it was a 3 year deal though
Eli liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:43 a.m.
Banned
yeah heard it was a 3 year deal though

Not optimal but it's better than almost any other option. Long term deal is of course best but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
Eli and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 11:47 a.m.
Banned
Your shoulder isn’t part of your back..... it’s a shoulder . Legal checks are shoulder to shoulder....... right right sooo how is a shoulder a back. Now there is a back part of the shoulder but that’s also not your back it’s your shoulder but from behind. “Your back” is mainly a spine when talking about bones. Or ribs please be smarter

that might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard a human being say.
It's pretty clear your scapula aka the shoulder complex is part of t he back.
Enjoy the Tom Wilson Ban.
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:48 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
that might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard a human being say.
It's pretty clear your scapula aka the shoulder complex is part of t he back.
Enjoy the Tom Wilson Ban.

its called a should blade and if you are 100% technical its top back but in the nhl they are trying to remove hits from behind that target the numbers aka the spine haha

hes not suspended ha

go away
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Not optimal but it's better than almost any other option. Long term deal is of course best but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

yeah my Buddys dad has ties to the penguins ..... he said that they made offers for nylander and mason but nylander and leafs are going short term 5 million...... hes been wrong before but he also told me about kessel coming like 3 weeks before it was announced
Dec. 1, 2018 at 12:50 p.m.
Banned
its called a should blade and if you are 100% technical its top back but in the nhl they are trying to remove hits from behind that target the numbers aka the spine haha

hes not suspended ha

go away

yet

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll