SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Canadian Playoff Teams

How Many Canadian Teams Will Make the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 6, 2018 at 5:04 p.m.
I'll take 3 Canadian teams to make this seasons Stanley Cup Playoffs. TOR (1st in East), WPG (2nd in Central), and CGY (1st WC in the West).

Currently there are 4 Canadian teams occupying playoff spots: TOR and MTL in the East and WPG and CGY out West. Personally, I think TOR and WPG are virtual locks to make and I see OTT and VAN as virtual locks to miss. MTL seems too defensively deficient to hold on all season. Eventually, teams like PIT and FLA should overtake them in the WC race. CGY is a tougher pick. They're currently in 1st place in the Pacific, but I don't trust Mike Smith very much and David Rittich has never played a significant role prior to this season (Only 28 career starts). They do play in a weak division, but VGK and ANA are heating up lately and SJS should figure things out eventually. I think they're about 50/50 to make it and it'll depend on their Goaltending.

Finally, The Oilers look much better defensively since Hitch's hiring. Their forecheck is also much better so far. They should be in the mix all season and I would've never said that 10 days ago. In the end I think their offensive depth will keep EDM out of the playoffs though. CGY has a much better defensive corps and they can score goals with the best of them. I'll take TOR in the East and WPG and CGY out West. EDM should finish 9th or 10th overall in the WEST and their season will be culminated w/ the long overdue dismissal of the single greatest impediment to success: GM Peter Chiarelli.
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2018 at 8:34 p.m.
Winnipeg, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal
Dec. 10, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.
Quoting: matulix
Winnipeg, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal

EDM's defense has been completely transformed since Hitch took over behind the bench. Also, Koskinan has been money in goal. If they can get average or slightly below average production from their bottom 3 lines then they'll be right there as well.
Dec. 10, 2018 at 10:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Winnipeg, Toronto, and Calgary. I don't see Montreal making it.
mhockey91 and BeastMode5515 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2018 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
I'll take 3 Canadian teams to make this seasons Stanley Cup Playoffs. TOR (1st in East), WPG (2nd in Central), and CGY (1st WC in the West).

Currently there are 4 Canadian teams occupying playoff spots: TOR and MTL in the East and WPG and CGY out West. Personally, I think TOR and WPG are virtual locks to make and I see OTT and VAN as virtual locks to miss. MTL seems too defensively deficient to hold on all season. Eventually, teams like PIT and FLA should overtake them in the WC race. CGY is a tougher pick. They're currently in 1st place in the Pacific, but I don't trust Mike Smith very much and David Rittich has never played a significant role prior to this season (Only 28 career starts). They do play in a weak division, but VGK and ANA are heating up lately and SJS should figure things out eventually. I think they're about 50/50 to make it and it'll depend on their Goaltending.

Finally, The Oilers look much better defensively since Hitch's hiring. Their forecheck is also much better so far. They should be in the mix all season and I would've never said that 10 days ago. In the end I think their offensive depth will keep EDM out of the playoffs though. CGY has a much better defensive corps and they can score goals with the best of them. I'll take TOR in the East and WPG and CGY out West. EDM should finish 9th or 10th overall in the WEST and their season will be culminated w/ the long overdue dismissal of the single greatest impediment to success: GM Peter Chiarelli.

great breakdown bruv. I agree 100% on your take
Dec. 11, 2018 at 10:02 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Winnipeg and Toronto are locks. I think both Calgary and Edmonton make it in the West. The West is really jumbled up right now, but only one of those teams has Connor McDavid.
Dec. 11, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
Not so Fasth
Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg

Praying Montreal gets a lottery pick

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit