SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

Seattle Expansion Draft Beta

Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:15 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Hey GMs,

If any of you are interested in trying out the Seattle Expansion Draft Tool as a sneak peak, let me know here and I will send you an invite!

Feel free to screenshot or tweet about the new tool if you feel so inclined (you can also publish to the CapFriendly forums), but please do not share your access url (we will have to deactivate the code if you do)

Also, I will be using the infraction system to send you the invite, so don't get alarmed when the popup comes lol.
Max, Missouri and Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:16 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: Banks
Hey GMs,

If any of you are interested in trying out the Seattle Expansion Draft Tool as a sneak peak, let me know here and I will send you an invite!

Feel free to screenshot or tweet about the new tool if you feel so inclined (you can also publish to the CapFriendly forums), but please do not share your access url (we will have to deactivate the code if you do)

Also, I will be using the infraction system to send you the invite, so don't get alarmed when the popup comes lol.

I would love too
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:18 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Hey GMs,

Me please! Love you Banks ?
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:21 p.m.
Hey GMs,

Yes please Banks
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:22 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: Gronk
I would love too

Thanks @Banks
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:45 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I'd like to check it out a well please.
Are you looking for feedback, or bug reports?
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 8:49 p.m.
Hey GMs,

I’d love to try it out @Banks. Pretty sure I’m used to the infraction pop-up showing up on my account wink
Banks and wojme liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 9:05 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: ricochetii
I'd like to check it out a well please.
Are you looking for feedback, or bug reports?

Both!
ricochetii liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 9:06 p.m.
Hey GMs,

Im interested
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 9:09 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Hey GMs,

I'm interested!
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for thinking of us and offering
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 9:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I’m game
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 10:01 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Hey GMs,

I’d love to test it out too! Thanks
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 10:21 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Dec. 9, 2018 at 10:39 a.m.
I'd love a chance to test it as well.

Thank you so much banks
Banks liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 11:49 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Suggestions:
1. Ability to collapse a team's roster, in both the protection and drafting tabs. (Maybe not necessary by navigating using the team icons, but the point of a mouse wheel is that you don't have to move and click buttons. Then I guess you'd still have to click something to collapse the team. Hmm... XD)
2. Clear selected options? (Rather than starting over by reloading the page, or letting you clear a single team if you want to re-do their protection list from scratch.)

Issues:
1. Projected cap space while over the salary cap, is showing a positive number when viewing completed team.
2. Not sure if it hasn't been implemented yet, but refreshing the page under the view tab didn't save my session?

Questions:
1. Is the strikethrough on the requirements for position exposures intentional/temporary? (F and D display like that, but G doesn't, or I wouldn't have though anything of it.)
2. Wasn't sure if it was safe to test publishing?

I'll play around some more when I get the chance, but everything else seems good. smile
Dec. 8, 2018 at 11:50 p.m.
Edited Dec. 8, 2018 at 11:55 p.m.
Everything looks great with the tool @Banks

I did notice that when you've selected the expansion-rules number of players allowed to be protected, the tool doesn't deny you to continue protecting players as it would with every other team. I can then protect every single Vegas skater and goalie. In addition, Las Vegas does not appear in the header of team logos. And when drafting your team, the header above the team logos says only 30 players are allowed to be drafted instead of 31. In short, it seems as though the Vegas component hasn't been added to the system. [Edit: other things related to this are the "Vegas Golden Knights" in capitalized letters slapped above the roster you've drafted, and the salary cap being set at $75M]

There are also a number of 2018 UFAs who somehow made their way into the tool, but I'm sure that doesn't matter as team lists will be updated a number of times before 2021.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 12:11 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Hey GMs,

I want a code !!!!
Banks liked this.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 2:08 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Hey GMs,

I'm interested
Banks liked this.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 7:08 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Hey GMs,

I would still love a chance to see this in action.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 8:16 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Hey GMs,

I’d love to!
Dec. 9, 2018 at 9:29 a.m.
Go Jackets
Hey GMs,

I’d be interested in taking a look at it as well
Banks liked this.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 10:34 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: MrBooth
Everything looks great with the tool @Banks

I did notice that when you've selected the expansion-rules number of players allowed to be protected, the tool doesn't deny you to continue protecting players as it would with every other team. I can then protect every single Vegas skater and goalie. In addition, Las Vegas does not appear in the header of team logos. And when drafting your team, the header above the team logos says only 30 players are allowed to be drafted instead of 31. In short, it seems as though the Vegas component hasn't been added to the system. [Edit: other things related to this are the "Vegas Golden Knights" in capitalized letters slapped above the roster you've drafted, and the salary cap being set at $75M]

There are also a number of 2018 UFAs who somehow made their way into the tool, but I'm sure that doesn't matter as team lists will be updated a number of times before 2021.

?
Sounds like you are editing a Vegas expansion team, the URL for seattle is capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Vegas is: capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/vegas

Vegas is exempt from the Seattle expansion and their team shouldn't be appearing
Dec. 9, 2018 at 10:45 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: ricochetii
Suggestions:
1. Ability to collapse a team's roster, in both the protection and drafting tabs. (Maybe not necessary by navigating using the team icons, but the point of a mouse wheel is that you don't have to move and click buttons. Then I guess you'd still have to click something to collapse the team. Hmm... XD)
2. Clear selected options? (Rather than starting over by reloading the page, or letting you clear a single team if you want to re-do their protection list from scratch.)

Issues:
1. Projected cap space while over the salary cap, is showing a positive number when viewing completed team.
2. Not sure if it hasn't been implemented yet, but refreshing the page under the view tab didn't save my session?

Questions:
1. Is the strikethrough on the requirements for position exposures intentional/temporary? (F and D display like that, but G doesn't, or I wouldn't have though anything of it.)
2. Wasn't sure if it was safe to test publishing?

I'll play around some more when I get the chance, but everything else seems good. smile

Thanks for the suggestions, collapsable and clearing teams is definitely an easy addition.

Issues:
1. Thanks certainly a bug there, also the numbers being summed for the roster are the 2018-19 numbers and not hte 2021-22 numbers as they should be
2. session should be saved regardless unless you clear on refresh or publish the team, so ill take a look into that

Q:
1. temporary since the 40/70 rule won't be considered until next season
2. It is!
TMLSage and ricochetii liked this.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 12:02 p.m.
Hey GMs,

I'd love to try it out! thanks, @Banks !
Banks liked this.
Dec. 9, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.
NBABound
I'm down to try it out. Is this any different than the Vegas one?

thanks @Banks
Banks liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll