Forums/Armchair-GM

Krug trade

Created by: Username_Bot
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 12, 2018
Published: Dec. 12, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I still don't understand why we want to trade Krug this year. He puts up consistent 45~55 point seasons. No one in our Dcore can replace the points he brings. He also has amazing chemistry with some of our best players. Yes, he will be wanting money after next year but we still have one more year with him. Secondly, we probably want to keep Krug, maybe buyout Backes or something. Giving Krug 5~6M is fair and honestly, should be done. There is really no need for us to trade Krug. I know many teams would be willing to trade for Krug but we are already lacking scoring issues. Taking Krug away means basically no scoring from our Dcore. Krug shouldn't be traded this year, unless we trade for another OFD but that makes no sense anyways... So stop trading Krug in ACGMs...

Also btw, this is what I would want to see when everyone comes back from injury
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$72,957,335$774,000$3,737,500$6,542,665
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667
RW, C
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 12, 2018 at 8:20 a.m.
Agreed on Krug..

Don’t like the lines. Why break up Donato-JFK-Heinen when they are playing so well together? Put Bavkes on 2nd line RW. I know, i know. But 3 goals and 5 points in last 8. Smith to AHL not Cave. Acciari/Wagner 4th line RW. I’m sick of LW playing RW. Smith does not offer enough to play him over those 2 that hit everyone, or Cave who has looked good. Kuraly/Nordstrom-Cave-Acciari/Wagner 4th line and scratches.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 8:25 a.m.
Pop Pop
-10, 0, -6 that's his +- today and his last 2 years. Sure his offense is top notch but he's basically a turn style in his own zone. He's a 3rd pair guy who specializes on the power play . He makes 5.3 about and is up after next year. Is he really worth the 7 million he's going to want. The bruins have show they have young d pieces that can play and a desperate need for depth scoring. They also have 2 brittle 30+ year old centers and moving him could help that.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:26 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Gofnut999
Agreed on Krug..

Don’t like the lines. Why break up Donato-JFK-Heinen when they are playing so well together? Put Bavkes on 2nd line RW. I know, i know. But 3 goals and 5 points in last 8. Smith to AHL not Cave. Acciari/Wagner 4th line RW. I’m sick of LW playing RW. Smith does not offer enough to play him over those 2 that hit everyone, or Cave who has looked good. Kuraly/Nordstrom-Cave-Acciari/Wagner 4th line and scratches.

true true... Donato JFK and Heinen are amazing right now. Honestly tho, I agree with Backes on the 2nd, he could produce more. I don't know smith and cave tho. Smith has looked not too bad IMO and cave was garbage on the first line. I don't know how he did on the 3rd but you probably are right. I mean the winger should be able to slot into both position smoothly right? Thing being, I was thinking that Acciari or Wagner be in the line up. We need someone to lay bodies and fight at points.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: Username_Bot
true true... Donato JFK and Heinen are amazing right now. Honestly tho, I agree with Backes on the 2nd, he could produce more. I don't know smith and cave tho. Smith has looked not too bad IMO and cave was garbage on the first line. I don't know how he did on the 3rd but you probably are right. I mean the winger should be able to slot into both position smoothly right? Thing being, I was thinking that Acciari or Wagner be in the line up. We need someone to lay bodies and fight at points.

Cave looked fine on first. His passes were crisp. He was in right position. Finished his checks. Hustled. My biggest issue was he was hesitant to shoot. Did not seem to click with Marchy-Pasta. He is far better suited for 3rd or 4th line duty. But he has added offense to his game this year. Smith is just a roster filler.
Username_Bot liked this.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:33 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Jfstompers
-10, 0, -6 that's his +- today and his last 2 years. Sure his offense is top notch but he's basically a turn style in his own zone. He's a 3rd pair guy who specializes on the power play . He makes 5.3 about and is up after next year. Is he really worth the 7 million he's going to want. The bruins have show they have young d pieces that can play and a desperate need for depth scoring. They also have 2 brittle 30+ year old centers and moving him could help that.

Krug is not a 3rd pairing, I am sorry. He would be 2nd pairing or even a weaker first pairing on any other team (other than Nashville, San Hose, Minnesota, and probably Tampa). He has amazing power play and yet when you play a developing DFD beside him, thats what is going to happen, negative numbers. If Carlo is more rounded and 2 or 3 years older, he won't have those negatives. The money, 7M is probably not going to happen. I think Krug might want a longer term deal for less money. 7M by 4 or 5 is reasonable, but I was thinking 5.5~6M by 8 would be reasonable. This would carry him until he is 28 + 8 which is 36, and by that time, he is probably ready for retirement. Also, he does seem to want to stay on this team as I look at it, and he might take .5 M off to stay. Centers, we have quite a lot of centers in the system and a few could be better. Yes, none will become a top line center, but we can trade for a young center without Krug or draft one. Who knows and those centers aren't probably the worry right now as we want to win a cup. Yeah, your young D can play, not score. Other than Grizz, who else has shown scoring talent. McAvoy puts up around 30 ~ 40 point season for the next 1 or 2 years if my predictions are right. We want the cup now and that isn't going to get it. Thats my stance here. I don't feel reliable enough to trade Krug yet.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:37 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Gofnut999
Cave looked fine on first. His passes were crisp. He was in right position. Finished his checks. Hustled. My biggest issue was he was hesitant to shoot. Did not seem to click with Marchy-Pasta. He is far better suited for 3rd or 4th line duty. But he has added offense to his game this year. Smith is just a roster filler.

Yeah true. I was watching him and he was in the right positions finishing off his checks. He had a hard working game but I didn't see the skill I wanted to see from him. He is quite serviceable on the 3rd or 4th line.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:37 a.m.
BreKel

+/- references are useless, especially if that's your first/main go-to.
Username_Bot liked this.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.
Pop Pop
Quoting: BreKel
+/- references are useless, especially if that's your first/main go-to.

listen his offense is great but the eye test tells you if not the numbers that he isn't good in his own zone
Dec. 12, 2018 at 10:17 a.m.
BreKel
listen his offense is great but the eye test tells you if not the numbers that he isn't good in his own zone

He's average in his own end.
Dec. 12, 2018 at 2:02 p.m.
Krug is already making 5.25M you really think he's going to take 5.5-6? He's going to look to cash in. He won't be taking anything less than 7.5M. Bruins will not be able to afford him.

His value is highest now. If you wait until next year his value drops as an expiring contract. You trade him now and get his value and let an other team worry about signing him in a year and a half.
Dec. 13, 2018 at 3:32 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: DLussier
Krug is already making 5.25M you really think he's going to take 5.5-6? He's going to look to cash in. He won't be taking anything less than 7.5M. Bruins will not be able to afford him.

His value is highest now. If you wait until next year his value drops as an expiring contract. You trade him now and get his value and let an other team worry about signing him in a year and a half.

Look, Krug has 2 choices. 1. take a bet and hope he doesn't get injured and gets a Norris in the next 4 years and plays well until he is old. 2. He can take a long term deal that guaruntees him 5.5 to 6M per year until he is 36. The first choice is obviously better for him and unable to be afforded by the Bruins, but this is one the deals like Marchand. He is getting paid until 38, but at a steeply lower price. Krug would probably take 5.5 to 6 for 8 years. He is smaller and injury prone, 2 injury in 3 months. That is a problem right there and he would like to stay on the same team for probably 8 years without adjusting to a new system which he might be unable to fit into. Krug was almost unable to make the NHL, and now hes here, he wants to stay safely, not take risks.
Dec. 13, 2018 at 6:58 a.m.
Look, Krug has 2 choices. 1. take a bet and hope he doesn't get injured and gets a Norris in the next 4 years and plays well until he is old. 2. He can take a long term deal that guaruntees him 5.5 to 6M per year until he is 36. The first choice is obviously better for him and unable to be afforded by the Bruins, but this is one the deals like Marchand. He is getting paid until 38, but at a steeply lower price. Krug would probably take 5.5 to 6 for 8 years. He is smaller and injury prone, 2 injury in 3 months. That is a problem right there and he would like to stay on the same team for probably 8 years without adjusting to a new system which he might be unable to fit into. Krug was almost unable to make the NHL, and now hes here, he wants to stay safely, not take risks.

So you are telling me you don't think there's a team in the NHL that would give him a $45M/6yr contract?
Dec. 13, 2018 at 7:54 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Krug is not a 3rd pairing, I am sorry. He would be 2nd pairing or even a weaker first pairing on any other team (other than Nashville, San Hose, Minnesota, and probably Tampa). He has amazing power play and yet when you play a developing DFD beside him, thats what is going to happen, negative numbers. If Carlo is more rounded and 2 or 3 years older, he won't have those negatives. The money, 7M is probably not going to happen. I think Krug might want a longer term deal for less money. 7M by 4 or 5 is reasonable, but I was thinking 5.5~6M by 8 would be reasonable. This would carry him until he is 28 + 8 which is 36, and by that time, he is probably ready for retirement. Also, he does seem to want to stay on this team as I look at it, and he might take .5 M off to stay. Centers, we have quite a lot of centers in the system and a few could be better. Yes, none will become a top line center, but we can trade for a young center without Krug or draft one. Who knows and those centers aren't probably the worry right now as we want to win a cup. Yeah, your young D can play, not score. Other than Grizz, who else has shown scoring talent. McAvoy puts up around 30 ~ 40 point season for the next 1 or 2 years if my predictions are right. We want the cup now and that isn't going to get it. Thats my stance here. I don't feel reliable enough to trade Krug yet.

I agree Krug is basically a #3-4, but when you list one of the teams he wouldn't be a top pair guy on as "San Hose" it kinda shows you're just talking out your backside and aren't really very knowledgeable at all.
Dec. 13, 2018 at 8:05 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: DLussier
So you are telling me you don't think there's a team in the NHL that would give him a $45M/6yr contract?

No teams will, or unless a rebuilder and Krug want a cup, not losing
Dec. 13, 2018 at 8:06 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Breakaway
I agree Krug is basically a #3-4, but when you list one of the teams he wouldn't be a top pair guy on as "San Hose" it kinda shows you're just talking out your backside and aren't really very knowledgeable at all.

typed too fast. Typo sir. I don't read over my words. San Jose. Don't judge how fast I type and the accuracy of it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll