SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Armchair-GM cannot delete signed player

Dec. 13, 2018 at 6:58 p.m.
Bob
Hi,
I'm trying to delete signed player by dragging it on the delete signed player button but nothing happen, he does not delete.
I try to refresh the page but no luck. Same result when I try with a new team.
Jan. 9, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: electrovs
Hi,
I'm trying to delete signed player by dragging it on the delete signed player button but nothing happen, he does not delete.

Are you still having this problem? I just tried and it seems to be working fine now.
Jan. 9, 2019 at 3:31 p.m.
Hi,

Quoting: Jarvis
Are you still having this problem? I just tried and it seems to be working fine now.

same thing happens for me. Ive only noticed it when its a custom team. If you add two players to the roster then try to delete both of them it doesnt work. It will only allow one to be deleted. hope this helps
electrovs liked this.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 9:58 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Thanks will be investigated
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:49 p.m.
Bob
Quoting: moli92
same thing happens for me. Ive only noticed it when its a custom team. If you add two players to the roster then try to delete both of them it doesnt work. It will only allow one to be deleted. hope this helps

exactly, i'm still having this issue.

create a new custom team - 2019/2020. add one player, everything is fine. Refresh the page, it dosen't delete.
create a new custom team - 2019/2020. add one player, everything is fine. add an other, the second can be deleted but not the first one. add an other, the third one can be deleted but not the second etc.. Refresh the page, all the player added can't be deleted.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jan. 14, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: moli92

exactly, i'm still having this issue.

create a new custom team - 2019/2020. add one player, everything is fine. Refresh the page, it dosen't delete.
create a new custom team - 2019/2020. add one player, everything is fine. add an other, the second can be deleted but not the first one. add an other, the third one can be deleted but not the second etc.. Refresh the page, all the player added can't be deleted.

Bug found and fixed, thanks again for notifying us
UpsideDownQue and electrovs liked this.
Jan. 19, 2019 at 2:37 a.m.
Bob
Thank you for fixing this and thank you for your great work on the site!
Banks liked this.
Jun. 26, 2019 at 8:09 a.m.
Bob
Good morning!

In preparation for the next years i've come back on my armchair-gm team and notice the delete bug are back! Exact same thing as last year!

Thank you
Bill69Qc liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
Quoting: Banks
Bug found and fixed, thanks again for notifying us

I'm having this issue right now
Dec. 2, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: rjdtwo

Can you provide more details please
Dec. 2, 2022 at 10:21 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Bug has been found, fix is being made
rjdtwo liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Fix is now live, you should be able to delete players on custom again
Feb. 10, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Fix is now live, you should be able to delete players on custom again

Bug appears to be back, specific example is players on ELC. My example was a test ACGM for the Ducks and I attempted to delete Benoit Oliver Groulx using "Delete signed player". He kept reappearing on the roster.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Bug appears to be back, specific example is players on ELC. My example was a test ACGM for the Ducks and I attempted to delete Benoit Oliver Groulx using "Delete signed player". He kept reappearing on the roster.

This was custom teams, if you created a Ducks team, this is not the same.

Can you step me through what you did that resulted in this issue
Feb. 12, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
This was custom teams, if you created a Ducks team, this is not the same.

Can you step me through what you did that resulted in this issue

Ah, I see. There were no further steps taken from the above, I simply tried to delete the player by dragging their icon to the "Delete player" option, but he stayed on the reserve list.

The reason I tried to do that was because there was a recent ACGM (for a real team) in which a player was traded to Anaheim, but the description was "For contract termination", indicating it was not an actual trade, but the author simply wanted them deleted from the roster. I ran a test ACGM for the Ducks to see if this was possible, but it was not, so I came here to check and see if that was a bug or not, and found this thread. I guess I misunderstood the tool's use

What I am ultimately hoping to accomplish is to reduce/eliminate the trades that many ACGM authors make to Anaheim with players that are "Anywhere for anything", "gone" or similarly yeeting them from the roster. Are there other possible solutions, such as making a generic NHL team that's at the top of the list of tradeable teams?
Feb. 12, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Ah, I see. There were no further steps taken from the above, I simply tried to delete the player by dragging their icon to the "Delete player" option, but he stayed on the reserve list.

The reason I tried to do that was because there was a recent ACGM (for a real team) in which a player was traded to Anaheim, but the description was "For contract termination", indicating it was not an actual trade, but the author simply wanted them deleted from the roster. I ran a test ACGM for the Ducks to see if this was possible, but it was not, so I came here to check and see if that was a bug or not, and found this thread. I guess I misunderstood the tool's use

What I am ultimately hoping to accomplish is to reduce/eliminate the trades that many ACGM authors make to Anaheim with players that are "Anywhere for anything", "gone" or similarly yeeting them from the roster. Are there other possible solutions, such as making a generic NHL team that's at the top of the list of tradeable teams?

Players that are already signed when you create your team can't be delete in that manner, that drop zone is specifically for players you signed.

At the current time, there is no equivalent to terminating a contract on AGM
Feb. 12, 2023 at 5:18 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Players that are already signed when you create your team can't be delete in that manner, that drop zone is specifically for players you signed.

At the current time, there is no equivalent to terminating a contract on AGM

What he actually wants implemented, is a "default" non-team added to ACGM, so people don't just include Anaheim as a trade partner to get rid of players ("player X to any team" trades that use Anaheim as a dumping ground).

Adding a generic "NHL" logo team for non-specific trades would solve that.

ie:
To NHL Team : Drouin
To Montreal : 7th round pick

Instead of:
To Anaheim : Drouin
To Montreal : 7th round pick

Instead of the Anaheim logo showing up as teams involved in the ACGM, the NHL logo (or no logo) would show instead. So Anaheim fans don't open threads that aren't legitimate trade discussions for their team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll