Forums/Armchair-GM

Habs TDL

Created by: Billy316
Team: 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 14, 2018
Published: Dec. 14, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
made the moves i did because as our youth Develops like Poehling who's leading his team to the top of the NCAA standings or Suzuki being one of the best OHL forwards and Team Canada member and all the other youth in between we'll sell Danault high next year likely , Tatar the year after , and Shaw after that to make way for them .

the draft picks will keep giving us depth and building us into a playoff worthy team with likely only Weber and Price being still around with Byron or Gallagher leading offense .

MTL has so many good prospects right now its all about developing them right under Bouchard who's been producing players who integrate right into Claude Juliens NHL system.

once Poehling and Suzuki are here with Kotkanemi we'll be set for top 6 core and with Brook,Fleury as well as Walford thriving they could be making their debut's sooner then later if CJ keeps his healthy rotation of AHL guys being rewarded going on .
Trades
MTL
  1. Shaw, Mason
  2. 2020 6th round pick (MIN)
MTL
  1. Barber, Riley
Additional Details:
Barber is similar to Aggistino a career AHL'er and a Call up .

Peca's had success in both AHL and NHL but struggles with consistency.
WSH
  1. Peca, Matthew
Additional Details:
MTL makes this trade because it free's up a roster spot and fills a weak area in our Laval Club
MTL
PHI
  1. Moravčík, Michal
  2. Sklenička, David
Additional Details:
unconditional waivers for the purpose of releasing them from their contracts . (oullette,mete ,morin and Walford likely signing after NCAA sr year we're good without them )
MTL
  1. Phaneuf, Dion
Additional Details:
Phaneuf waives his NMC for the first time or he submits his list either which way i'm sure LAK Rob Blake does it .

DP wife is an actress but before the trade she lived most of the year in Ottawa ,Summers in PEI keeping a place in LAK for when she had work so lets avoid this excuse (you know who you are )
LAK
  1. Alzner, Karl
Additional Details:
MTL takes on 600K more but gets someone willing to fight who will protect rookies .

Alzner fits the west's physical style and before this year he had a streak of 8 seasons with 100 + hits and blocked shots along with a 600+ game consecutive start streak .(we changed our system a year after signing him , we f'd him )
MTL
  1. 2019 5th round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Conditional 5th - if Niemi is waived before draft the pick is returned
MTL
  1. Välimäki, Juuso
  2. 2019 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
top 10 protected

Giordano-Petry
Brodie-Hamonic
Hanfin-Stone
CGY
  1. Petry, Jeff ($1,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
MTL gets a late round 1st pick from a Playoff team and a A level prospect .
MTL
CGY
  1. Benn, Jordie
  2. Schlemko, David
Additional Details:
to any team for any pick or waivers if no offers
MTL
  1. Lucic, Milan
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (EDM)
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (EDM)
  4. 2021 5th round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
conditional 5th round pick becomes a 2nd if Lucic's bought out before the 2021 draft.

Mccarron's easily one of the best players in Laval ever since Coach Bouchard came in and said you're drafted a Winger that's where you'll play he's had success .(he's hired a skating coach to for Mccarron ) . When Mccarron was on ice for MTL he always lead us in hits the issue was the big man got gassed after 10 minutes because he was moving his legs and going no where but this year he's got a real stride to his movement . (still not fast enough for MTL but in the west i think he could be similar to how we use Deslauriers on bottom 6 )
EDM
  1. McCarron, Michael
Additional Details:
EDM gives up mid level picks and a late insurance policy pick to move out Lucic's Albatross of a contract to MTL who was the runner up in the Lucic UFA saga and Currently has the Coach he thrived at the height of his career under .
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$68,367,141$0$3,532,500$11,132,859
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 3
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RD
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 14, 2018 at 4:49 p.m.
Jbarah10
Very good, I loved the explanations. Tho id like to avoid Lucic at all costs. I'm more ok with Dion than Lucic if I'm being honest
Billy316 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
ForeignObjects316
Quoting: Jbarah12
Very good, I loved the explanations. Tho id like to avoid Lucic at all costs. I'm more ok with Dion than Lucic if I'm being honest

Lucic i'm just hoping will be someone here for a year or two so he can up his value to flip him .

but i get what you are saying i was just trying to exploit the Lucic situation in EDM to get 2 more picks in the most stacked draft since 2003 when teams like CHI got Seabrook,Crawford and Byfluglien, PHI got Carter and Richards , ANA Getzlaf and Perry,NSH got Suter ,Weber and Klein , and the list goes on of teams who set themselves up in some case's a decade +.

if we could land even 1 solid prospect with those picks it would be worth the risk this year
Jbarah12 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 4:58 p.m.
Jbarah10
Quoting: Billy316
Lucic i'm just hoping will be someone here for a year or two so he can up his value to flip him .

but i get what you are saying i was just trying to exploit the Lucic situation in EDM to get 2 more picks in the most stacked draft since 2003 when teams like CHI got Seabrook,Crawford and Byfluglien, PHI got Carter and Richards , ANA Getzlaf and Perry,NSH got Suter ,Weber and Klein , and the list goes on of teams who set themselves up in some case's a decade +.

if we could land even 1 solid prospect with those picks it would be worth the risk this year

I get that it's a stacked draft, but the chances of busts is always there. I'd want a 1st minimum to take that contract on, and knowing Chiarelli he might do it.
Billy316 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
Just a reminder that Lucic has a contract with a NMC, and it doesn't expire before the expansion draft. His buyout is also barely better than his contract in terms of cap hit. Two 2nds and a 3rd for 4 more years of nearly 6 mil in wasted cap space is a terrible deal, 2 years of 1,366,667 cost Winnipeg a 4th, 7th and Armia.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
ForeignObjects316
Quoting: Jbarah12
I get that it's a stacked draft, but the chances of busts is always there. I'd want a 1st minimum to take that contract on, and knowing Chiarelli he might do it.

fair enough
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
ForeignObjects316
Quoting: J2W
Just a reminder that Lucic has a contract with a NMC, and it doesn't expire before the expansion draft. His buyout is also barely better than his contract in terms of cap hit. Two 2nds and a 3rd for 4 more years of nearly 6 mil in wasted cap space is a terrible deal, 2 years of 1,366,667 cost Winnipeg a 4th, 7th and Armia.

as for NMC please read description in trade this was addressed .

buying him out is worst case i am a firm believer that in Claude Juliens Grit based drive the net system that he'll be an asset long enough to be flipped .

i just mentioned a buyout because i wanted to establish the reason for the insurance pick .

as for the WPG trade that was a deal for a player that both teams new would never put on a CH jersey for the Habs completely different then trading away valued picks for a player who dominated in the east and struggled since going to the west something most typical fans ignore but Chris Nilan and Stu Cowan pointed out that doesnt mean he'll struggle in the east given his history here .
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
as for NMC please read description in trade this was addressed .

buying him out is worst case i am a firm believer that in Claude Juliens Grit based drive the net system that he'll be an asset long enough to be flipped .

i just mentioned a buyout because i wanted to establish the reason for the insurance pick .

as for the WPG trade that was a deal for a player that both teams new would never put on a CH jersey for the Habs completely different then trading away valued picks for a player who dominated in the east and struggled since going to the west something most typical fans ignore but Chris Nilan and Stu Cowan pointed out that doesnt mean he'll struggle in the east given his history here .

If you think Lucic can put it together cool, I don't. To me he is a waste of roster and cap space with the contract he has. Maybe if he agreed to waive for the expansion draft, and EDM retained on him I would want anything to do with his contract. Even then it would be two 2nds+ just to get the conversation started.
Billy316 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:22 p.m.
ForeignObjects316
If you think Lucic can put it together cool, I don't. To me he is a waste of roster and cap space with the contract he has. Maybe if he agreed to waive for the expansion draft, and EDM retained on him I would want anything to do with his contract. Even then it would be two 2nds+ just to get the conversation started.

you make a fair point ,if he agreed to void his NMC for the expansion draft though i think EDM would just keep him and the picks so it might be something we'd have to look at when the expansion happens .

two 2nd's is fair and if i thought EDM was a playoff team they would likely give up their first but i think with their GM its another lottery year
J2W liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 5:34 p.m.
you make a fair point ,if he agreed to void his NMC for the expansion draft though i think EDM would just keep him and the picks so it might be something we'd have to look at when the expansion happens .

two 2nd's is fair and if i thought EDM was a playoff team they would likely give up their first but i think with their GM its another lottery year

I think EDM moves Lucic anyway just for the cap relief. Although I doubt they would retain so a solid prospect or one, possible both, of the 2nds being conditional 1st would probably be the best they could do with him.
A 2019 1st might be on the table after the lottery even if they miss the playoffs, depending on where there pick falls. If they could dump 6 mill, about 4-5 being just wasted (unless he finds his game he is barely an upgrade on Deslaurier), for say the 13-15th overall they might.
Billy316 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2018 at 6:36 p.m.
ForeignObjects316
I think EDM moves Lucic anyway just for the cap relief. Although I doubt they would retain so a solid prospect or one, possible both, of the 2nds being conditional 1st would probably be the best they could do with him.
A 2019 1st might be on the table after the lottery even if they miss the playoffs, depending on where there pick falls. If they could dump 6 mill, about 4-5 being just wasted (unless he finds his game he is barely an upgrade on Deslaurier), for say the 13-15th overall they might.

again Lucic's only struggled in the West and the road games are a lot more grueling in the west then the East. i think for a big guy like Lucic that has an impact especially given in both organizations he was taken on were struggling at the time hoping he was the answer .

i think lucic works in MTL because he's a 4th line guy similar to what Shawn Thorton was for CJ in BOS but i agree he's way overpayed .

i love Deslauriers but he's more like CJ's Pyatt then anything else

but i like this idea of a trade at the draft after the lotto went i think im gonna try a new post like that
J2W liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll