Forums/Armchair-GM

Deadline Burakovsky Deal

Created by: Watty1
Team: 2018-19 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 18, 2018
Published: Dec. 18, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Somtime in February or at the deadline if the Canucks are far enough out of the playoff mix.
Trades
WSH
  1. Edler, Alexander
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
*2nd round pick is conditional: If Edler does not re-sign with Capitals by July 5 of 2019 then Capitals receive Vancouver's 2020 2nd round pick.
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$79,500,000$67,837,847$852,847$4,762,500$11,662,153
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,366,666$3,366,666
LW
UFA - 3
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,375,000$4,375,000
RW, C
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,650,000$2,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,475,000$1,475,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$836,667$836,667
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 18, 2018 at 2:44 a.m.
I would have given you -5 stars for that absolutely awful trade. This is one of the worst trades I have seen today.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:05 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I think this is a great trade. The conditional pick should just be a 3rd I don’t think the caps will want or need to sign him next season.

I gave you 5 stars bc other dude is clueless...... and wanted to balance this.

No brained for van. Trade a rental player for a young rfa with high potential
Eli liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:18 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I think this is a great trade. The conditional pick should just be a 3rd I don’t think the caps will want or need to sign him next season.

I gave you 5 stars bc other dude is clueless...... and wanted to balance this.

No brained for van. Trade a rental player for a young rfa with high potential

High potential? LOL!! The Canucks could get a better offer for Edler elsewhere without having to give up draft picks.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:35 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: BlueSeeker
High potential? LOL!! The Canucks could get a better offer for Edler elsewhere without having to give up draft picks.

Caps could keep bura and win another cup.... with him scoring 4 points in 5 games in a cup final ... LOL HAHA

DUDE you’re clueless caps could get more than a fringe nhl guy and a late pick for him.

but Again van wants him and the caps don’t need to trade him...... caps have the leverage bc worst case they keep him and have a deep team Again for the playoffs

Playoffs remember those?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:42 a.m.
Caps could keep bura and win another cup.... with him scoring 4 points in 5 games in a cup final ... LOL HAHA

DUDE you’re clueless caps could get more than a fringe nhl guy and a late pick for him.

but Again van wants him and the caps don’t need to trade him...... caps have the leverage bc worst case they keep him and have a deep team Again for the playoffs

Playoffs remember those?

So you're saying a guy who is currently a healthy scratch and has shown regression has high potential? and you call me clueless. Man oh man are you delusional as all heck. Do you even use your brain before you write such drivel or do you just mindlessly type and try to act like you know what you are talking about? I can tell from the way you type that you are probably a 10 year old kid or a senile old man. In either case you shouldn't have access to the internet with out supervision. Please ask mommy next time before logging in.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 4:00 a.m.
WinCup
So you're saying a guy who is currently a healthy scratch and has shown regression has high potential? and you call me clueless. Man oh man are you delusional as all heck. Do you even use your brain before you write such drivel or do you just mindlessly type and try to act like you know what you are talking about? I can tell from the way you type that you are probably a 10 year old kid or a senile old man. In either case you shouldn't have access to the internet with out supervision. Please ask mommy next time before logging in.

seems like you forget that Burakovsky is 23...He got potential. It's obvious you don't know the guy, im a caps fan and the only issue with Burakovsky is inconsistency. He can be a 8million guy one night and a 650k guy the other. This trade only make sense if our defense doesn't get healty or Bowey and Seigenthaler dont get the job done cause i'm not ready to give up on a young guy like this. Washington just won a cup and is first in metro with this roster so we don't need to make any move.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 7:20 a.m.
Quoting: Derr
seems like you forget that Burakovsky is 23...He got potential. It's obvious you don't know the guy, im a caps fan and the only issue with Burakovsky is inconsistency. He can be a 8million guy one night and a 650k guy the other. This trade only make sense if our defense doesn't get healty or Bowey and Seigenthaler dont get the job done cause i'm not ready to give up on a young guy like this. Washington just won a cup and is first in metro with this roster so we don't need to make any move.

If you're scratching him several games in a row, he's dispensable, meaning that you can trade him without affecting the team. This is not a good trade for Vancouver because we are not trading draft picks. Edler half retained and a penalty killer would get it done. And we'd even take Jaskin to balance the cap.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 8:42 a.m.
The red-shaded glasses are STRONG when talking about Burakovsky. He could literally just lay down at center ice and if a puck accidentally hit him some people would be praising his defensive play.

Burakovsky will be moved for cap reasons, just like Johansson was, only Johansson was/is a much better player so Burakovsky might net 1/2 what Johansson did.

I don't see why Vancouver would do this deal. A solid UFA rental at the deadline should net more than a non-physical, non-defensive, one dimensional 3rd liner.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:17 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

Haha yeah he’s 23 and has a great shot and speed. Capitals would be better off keeping him than trading him for a depth dman who at best would be a 3rd pairing guy. Again he has high potential and has shown he can play top 6. But again you are clueless with how trades work in the nhl. You want a player that’s 23 and obviously going to be part of your teams top 6. You’ll pay a high price for him or you won’t get him that’s how this thing works. Use your head please and think before you reply. Explain why Washington would trade bura for your garbage return when they just won a cup w him?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: biglite351
The red-shaded glasses are STRONG when talking about Burakovsky. He could literally just lay down at center ice and if a puck accidentally hit him some people would be praising his defensive play.

Burakovsky will be moved for cap reasons, just like Johansson was, only Johansson was/is a much better player so Burakovsky might net 1/2 what Johansson did.

I don't see why Vancouver would do this deal. A solid UFA rental at the deadline should net more than a non-physical, non-defensive, one dimensional 3rd liner.

Like the penguins fans and sprong? Why should the caps take less of a return for a better player? You pay for potential when it comes Down to it. That’s why teams like van are interested in him bc he’s easily a top 6 guy on teams like that.

And lol you are comparing the mojo trade? That was a cap mismanagement trade.

We also traded forsberg for erat and latta so does that make kuzy worth value also? Or maybe slightly more?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:39 p.m.
Like the penguins fans and sprong? Why should the caps take less of a return for a better player? You pay for potential when it comes Down to it. That’s why teams like van are interested in him bc he’s easily a top 6 guy on teams like that.

And lol you are comparing the mojo trade? That was a cap mismanagement trade.

We also traded forsberg for erat and latta so does that make kuzy worth value also? Or maybe slightly more?

Yes. Just like with Sprong. Just gold glasses. Your point?

The Caps shouldn't take less of a return for a better player. But we are talking about trading Burakovsky, so not applicable.

Johansson was traded because when you are a hard against the Cap team and you need to sign guys to raises, you need to move out other guys. Especially when no high $ guys are leaving. Sort of like this coming summer. Which is why Burakovsky will be moved just as Johansson was. But it will be for less return than Johansson got.

Forsberg for Erat and Latta will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in the history of the game. Worst Caps trade ever. But you and Eli seem to want to put Burakovsky into the Erat spot in that deal. Burakovsky and "Latta" for the equivalent of Forsberg. Burakovsky+ for Nylander or Tarasenko (I forget who the 3rd guy Eli suggested was). It is very ironic that you brought up the Forsberg trade so that I could draw this comparison. Thank you.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:40 p.m.
Edler is not a fringe defenseman. Burakovsky scored 25 points last year while Edler scored 34 points as a DEFENSEMAN who is 9 years older and is regressing. Bad trade for Vancouver
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
Watty1
I don't think Washington is just going to give away Burakovsky and even though he is a scratch, he is a scratch on the defending cup champions. What forward would we trade for him? Goldobin? Lind? Baertschi? I look at what Washington needs and what Vancouver can part with to create the trade. It might be a bad trade for Van given that we don't know what kind of player he really is, but if Vancouver loves him and isn't getting a 1st or 2nd rounder + for Edler I could see them doing this if Washington asks. If we give up Baertschi or Goldobin I think that is a fairly lateral move (the latter might be a small downgrade for WSH) so I'm not sure who else on the roster could land Burakovsky that we could afford to part with? Now if Washington will take a higher end prospect and a pick in 2020 then trading Edler doesn't make sense, I can agree with that.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:55 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: biglite351
Yes. Just like with Sprong. Just gold glasses. Your point?

The Caps shouldn't take less of a return for a better player. But we are talking about trading Burakovsky, so not applicable.

Johansson was traded because when you are a hard against the Cap team and you need to sign guys to raises, you need to move out other guys. Especially when no high $ guys are leaving. Sort of like this coming summer. Which is why Burakovsky will be moved just as Johansson was. But it will be for less return than Johansson got.

Forsberg for Erat and Latta will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in the history of the game. Worst Caps trade ever. But you and Eli seem to want to put Burakovsky into the Erat spot in that deal. Burakovsky and "Latta" for the equivalent of Forsberg. Burakovsky+ for Nylander or Tarasenko (I forget who the 3rd guy Eli suggested was). It is very ironic that you brought up the Forsberg trade so that I could draw this comparison. Thank you.

no I think bura is worth a player of similar age and potential ....if he can't get that return its not worth the caps time.....

like I said sprong has done less and got more of a return than you feel bura should receive....hes also thrived in a new environment.

no I agree hes not worth nearly what Eli thinks.. hes worth a 25-35 point guy or a bottom pairing dman who is same age or slightly older.... I wouldn't be mad if the traded him for Carrick type player..

any erat was older and a rental..... not a 23 rfa player. so hardto compare bura to erat?

but I don't disagree I just don't think van and wash are good partners for this particular player....
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:57 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Booyah
Edler is not a fringe defenseman. Burakovsky scored 25 points last year while Edler scored 34 points as a DEFENSEMAN who is 9 years older and is regressing. Bad trade for Vancouver

yeah.... edler is at best the #3 lhd....maybe #4 if Orpik returns..... not worth a 23 year old rfa who if given top 6 minutes and pp time could put up great numbers
Eli liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:01 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Watty1
I don't think Washington is just going to give away Burakovsky and even though he is a scratch, he is a scratch on the defending cup champions. What forward would we trade for him? Goldobin? Lind? Baertschi? I look at what Washington needs and what Vancouver can part with to create the trade. It might be a bad trade for Van given that we don't know what kind of player he really is, but if Vancouver loves him and isn't getting a 1st or 2nd rounder + for Edler I could see them doing this if Washington asks. If we give up Baertschi or Goldobin I think that is a fairly lateral move (the latter might be a small downgrade for WSH) so I'm not sure who else on the roster could land Burakovsky that we could afford to part with? Now if Washington will take a higher end prospect and a pick in 2020 then trading Edler doesn't make sense, I can agree with that.

if he can play top 6 minutes and get some pp time in van I bet he can become a 40 point guy, hes stratched bc dsp is playing lights out withconnelly. I mean its more of a chemistry thing and if its not broke don't fix it rather than a hes not good enough to play.... if vrana wilson oshie get hurt hes a great depth player and for anything less than an overpayment I can't see them parting with him esp since they won a cup with this exact roster
Eli liked this.
Dec. 20, 2018 at 6:01 a.m.
Who adds what?
The reason for rumors is the limited role available on a deep team.

Edler would be just as underutilized, but the Caps could not afford to retain him long term.

Also, in last year's playoffs, Burakovsky chipped in .5p/g. Edler has done even better, but not this decade, so two or three playoffs with Burakovsky are very likely worth more than just one with Edler, even though Edler is a defenseman and can do all kinds of other important stuff.
Booyah liked this.
Dec. 20, 2018 at 12:43 p.m.
very articulate i like it
Dec. 20, 2018 at 4:48 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Booyah
very articulate i like it

Thanks. It's easy to speak clearly when one doesn't know anything.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll