Forums/Armchair-GM

Crazy option if we can??t make a trade

Created by: Acegamer
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 22, 2018
Published: Dec. 22, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Krug creates a lot of offence but he is still a -4 so he is a defensive liability. He played the wing before, why not try to go permanent and see what happens.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$79,500,000$70,532,335$774,000$3,737,500$8,967,665
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667
RW, C
RFA - 1
$872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 22, 2018 at 9:10 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Because he sucked at wing. 1 Star.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 9:25 a.m.
Username_Bot
What am I seeing... Krug on wing? Yeah, I see what you are doing but why? 1. Why is Pastrnak on the 2nd, I know we need depth but putting Krug on the 1st isn't going to work. We nee a top 6 winger than can score goals, drop gloves and stay infront of the net. Krug only puts up goals, and he is more a player that likes to shoot from the blue line. And how is Krug going to adapt, he won't. Sry, this is honestly so bad.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Quoting: Username_Bot
What am I seeing... Krug on wing? Yeah, I see what you are doing but why? 1. Why is Pastrnak on the 2nd, I know we need depth but putting Krug on the 1st isn't going to work. We nee a top 6 winger than can score goals, drop gloves and stay infront of the net. Krug only puts up goals, and he is more a player that likes to shoot from the blue line. And how is Krug going to adapt, he won't. Sry, this is honestly so bad.

I hope you're meaning he only puts up goals as opposed to dropping the gloves and staying infront of the net (which I don't agree with in the first place about the need for a guy to drop the gloves) because Krug's generally known for his high volume of assists and his 4 goals to 17 assists this year is in the same direction.

Why do you need a guy to drop the gloves lol? The league leader in Fighting Major penalties has 4. The Bruins have multiple players with 2. As Jack would say "fighting has gone the way of the Dinosaur." Anyways. It really isn't very useful anymore because it's either in an organic situation where someone takes a run at a teammate and you make him fight which the Bruins have been doing or you're employing someone without hockey skills or talent to fight the other teams heavyweight which isn't all that useful anymore and most teams don't have a heavyweight so you'll just have someone who's really not very good at hockey taking up ice time. Shawn Thornton's role is gone in the NHL for everyone except Cody McLeod who averages 1 fight every 4 games. Ben Harper is .18 of the time but everyone else is closer to .1 of the time which is 1 fight in 10 games. Bottom line: It really isn't needed at all anymore.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 9:47 a.m.
If krug at a -4 is a defensive liability then DeBrusk is too
Dec. 22, 2018 at 9:49 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Breakaway
I hope you're meaning he only puts up goals as opposed to dropping the gloves and staying infront of the net (which I don't agree with in the first place about the need for a guy to drop the gloves) because Krug's generally known for his high volume of assists and his 4 goals to 17 assists this year is in the same direction.

Why do you need a guy to drop the gloves lol? The league leader in Fighting Major penalties has 4. The Bruins have multiple players with 2. As Jack would say "fighting has gone the way of the Dinosaur." Anyways. It really isn't very useful anymore because it's either in an organic situation where someone takes a run at a teammate and you make him fight which the Bruins have been doing or you're employing someone without hockey skills or talent to fight the other teams heavyweight which isn't all that useful anymore and most teams don't have a heavyweight so you'll just have someone who's really not very good at hockey taking up ice time. Shawn Thornton's role is gone in the NHL for everyone except Cody McLeod who averages 1 fight every 4 games. Ben Harper is .18 of the time but everyone else is closer to .1 of the time which is 1 fight in 10 games. Bottom line: It really isn't needed at all anymore.

Yes I understand what Krug puts up. And how does he put up points. I can guaruntee you 8 or 9 out of 10 goals/points are from outside of the circles. That is Dman right there. As a winger, he needs to shoot the puck up high, and he isn't known to do that. He can't fit in. Ok, fighting has gone down, but has the cheapshots. We aren't getting any cheapshot calls for us, but only against us. Someone needs to step up when Bergeron is rammed into the boards, or Vaak is elbowed to the head, or even Chara gets a hard hit along the boards. Who has stepped up? no one, and all 3 are now injured. We don't fight, we get more injuries. Done. Yeah, fighting has gone down, and does that lessen injuries? No. You really don't watch the Bruins and so ... I do not understand how you think that Bruins don't need a fighter right now. Even Don Sweeney is looking for one.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Js31
Quoting: Username_Bot
Yes I understand what Krug puts up. And how does he put up points. I can guaruntee you 8 or 9 out of 10 goals/points are from outside of the circles. That is Dman right there. As a winger, he needs to shoot the puck up high, and he isn't known to do that. He can't fit in. Ok, fighting has gone down, but has the cheapshots. We aren't getting any cheapshot calls for us, but only against us. Someone needs to step up when Bergeron is rammed into the boards, or Vaak is elbowed to the head, or even Chara gets a hard hit along the boards. Who has stepped up? no one, and all 3 are now injured. We don't fight, we get more injuries. Done. Yeah, fighting has gone down, and does that lessen injuries? No. You really don't watch the Bruins and so ... I do not understand how you think that Bruins don't need a fighter right now. Even Don Sweeney is looking for one.

Chara didn’t get hit, he was making a hit. The Capitals aren’t trading Tom Wilson so where do you expect to get a top 6 fighter who can score goals? They have Kevan Miller and Chara are your fighters if need be, they’re just injured at the moment. Looking back they probably should’ve kept McQuaid as he would’ve been more useful than Kampfer, but cap space.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 10:40 a.m.
Krug switching positions aside as I know it’s a little crazy but I have to agree that we don’t need a fighter. We need a scorer to play alongside Krejci. I’m a fan of the old school game and I like fighting in hockey because I think it keeps people honest but the only way a fighter can help the bruins is if he can also score a ton of goals. Cam Neely is retired so I think we are SOL. The game is just too fast for the type of player you are looking for and it doesn’t work for Cassidy’s system. Maybe Miller and Chara could be a little more punishing and try to keep people honest as they can fit in that role to go along with their defensive role. Backes could do it as well, but it doesn’t change the fact we need a proper winger for Krejci. I think Pasta is the guy because I think that Marchand and Bergeron will continue to score no matter who is on a line with them. Especially if you can pick up a mid to high level scorer. I would argue that thieir line doesn’t need an elite goal scorer like Pasta to be effective. Krejci does need an elite scorer to be effective. Be awesome if we can get one but it’s unlikely if the pieces people want back are Debrusk or Mac. We need to keep those guys. So we should shoot for a guy that could be a hidden gem or still has the skills but isn’t do overly well and hope we get lucky. (Ex: Neal, Ryan, Puljujarvi, Fabbri, Frolik, Bjugstad,). Some would fit better with Krejci some better with Bergeron.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
Bcarlo25
when did he play wing? Squirts? He played D in junior. He played D in college. He played D in the AHL. He played D in the NHL.

What are you talking about? This is a bad idea that started with a poor concept.
Dec. 22, 2018 at 3:11 p.m.
Edited Dec. 22, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
He played wing for the Bruins a little at the beginning of his career. They tried him there a few games. When Julien was coaching. And you probably need to relax a little. Don’t have a heart attack over some silly armchair GM website.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll