$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 27, 2018 at 2:56 p.m.
Nice !
Dec. 27, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
The Kadri deal is bold.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 3:39 p.m.
Intriguing! I admire what you are trying to pull off here with the Kadri trade scenario. You are giving Leafs fans an advance look as to what may be in the future mindset with Nylander centring the third line - which opens up much more opportunity for prospect wingers to get slotted into the lineup. The best part about this proposal is that it doesn't see either team(s) trading away futures.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 3:56 p.m.
Banned
Edited Dec. 27, 2018 at 4:07 p.m.
Do I agree that Kadri may have to be moved in the future? Most likely yes. For this package? Absolutely not. The fit is there with Carolina for Kadri but there's a good argument that the package coming back isn't nearly enough. Kadri is a 2C on most teams and arguably would be Carolina's 1C beside Aho. That's lethal. & all Toronto has coming back is Faulk and a pick? Faulk is an offensive guy, probably wouldn't even see time on either of Toronto's PP units. Leafs only use 1 dman on each, Rielly on the first isn't changing, and Dermott can easily slide in on the 2nd PP once Gardiner leaves (he's solid at both ends of the ice and is way cheaper than Faulk and if they wanted a right shot on the PP point, Zaitsev is more than capable of playing that role). So Faulk wouldn't have a spot until the PK and he's not the type of guy to be used just for killing penalties. On top of that, Kadri has 3 years left after this one where Faulk only has 1 left and could walk as a UFA cause he'll ask for more money which the Leafs can't give him when they'll have bigger contracts in Marner and Matthews signed plus Dermott next offseason, plus Freddy and Rielly in a couple more. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs to give up the games best 3C in the league for a guy they'll barely use and won't be able to use his most skilled areas a lot.

That being said, as I said Kadri to Carolina is a good fit IMO.. just not for this package and not for Faulk at all really. IMO, if I were the Leafs and Canes, a Kadri for Brett Pesce straight up is fair. Both teams get what they need (Carolina gets top 6 forward, arguably 1C, and Toronto gets a top 4 right handed, defensively minded guy who they can use on the PK). Kadri has 3 years left after this one, Pesce has 5 years left. Kadri has a cap hit of $4.5M per season, Pesce has a cap hit of $4.025M per. Toronto even saves a bit of cap in this idea but Toronto also ends up paying Pesce more in real dollars which saves Carolina more money long term to pay guys like Aho, Svechnikov, Terravainen, and other guys. The argument for the deal being 1-for-1 and not more is the fact that even though Pesce has 2 more years of control on him, Toronto is giving far more offence and Kadri is good in his own end too. And Pesce makes the Leafs an even more well rounded team. Both teams also trade from a strength to address a weakness in their teams. Win-win deal for both teams
LeafedIn and Random2152 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.
Certainly a personal preference, but I really don't like the Kadri deal. What you're getting out of Kadri at his price tag is tremendous value. I'd honestly sooner trade Nylander. Don't need $7m on the thrid line C.
brokos73 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 3:59 p.m.
Banned
Forgot to rate
Dec. 27, 2018 at 4:08 p.m.
Quoting: jonesryan
Do I agree that Kadri may have to be moved in the future? Most likely yes. For this package? Absolutely not. The fit is there with Carolina for Kadri but there's a good argument that the package coming back isn't nearly enough. Kadri is a 2C on most teams and arguably would be Carolina's 1C beside Aho. That's lethal. & all Toronto has coming back is Faulk and a pick? Faulk is an offensive guy, probably wouldn't even see time on either of Toronto's PP units. Leafs only use 1 dman on each, Rielly on the first isn't changing, and Dermott can easily slide in on the 2nd PP once Gardiner leaves (he's solid at both ends of the ice and is way cheaper than Faulk). So Faulk wouldn't have a spot until the PK and he's not the type of guy to be used just for killing penalties. On top of that, Kadri has 3 years left after this one where Faulk only has 1 left and could walk as a UFA cause he'll ask for more money which the Leafs can't give him when they'll have bigger contracts in Marner and Matthews signed plus Dermott next offseason, plus Freddy and Rielly in a couple more. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs to give up the games best 3C in the league for a guy they'll barely use and won't be able to use his most skilled areas a lot.

That being said, as I said Kadri to Carolina is a good fit IMO.. just not for this package and not for Faulk at all really. IMO, if I were the Leafs and Canes, a Kadri for Brett Pesce straight up is fair. Both teams get what they need (Carolina gets top 6 forward, arguably 1C, and Toronto gets a top 4 right handed, defensively minded guy who they can use on the PK). Kadri has 3 years left after this one, Pesce has 5 years left. Kadri has a cap hit of $4.5M per season, Pesce has a cap hit of $4.025M per. Toronto even saves a bit of cap in this idea but Toronto also ends up paying Pesce more in real dollars which saves Carolina more money long term to pay guys like Aho, Svechnikov, Terravainen, and other guys. The argument for the deal being 1-for-1 and not more is the fact that even though Pesce has 2 more years of control on him, Toronto is giving far more offence and Kadri is good in his own end too. And Pesce makes the Leafs an even more well rounded team. Both teams also trade from a strength to address a weakness in their teams. Win-win deal for both teams

Quoting: jonesryan
Do I agree that Kadri may have to be moved in the future? Most likely yes. For this package? Absolutely not. The fit is there with Carolina for Kadri but there's a good argument that the package coming back isn't nearly enough. Kadri is a 2C on most teams and arguably would be Carolina's 1C beside Aho. That's lethal. & all Toronto has coming back is Faulk and a pick? Faulk is an offensive guy, probably wouldn't even see time on either of Toronto's PP units. Leafs only use 1 dman on each, Rielly on the first isn't changing, and Dermott can easily slide in on the 2nd PP once Gardiner leaves (he's solid at both ends of the ice and is way cheaper than Faulk). So Faulk wouldn't have a spot until the PK and he's not the type of guy to be used just for killing penalties. On top of that, Kadri has 3 years left after this one where Faulk only has 1 left and could walk as a UFA cause he'll ask for more money which the Leafs can't give him when they'll have bigger contracts in Marner and Matthews signed plus Dermott next offseason, plus Freddy and Rielly in a couple more. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs to give up the games best 3C in the league for a guy they'll barely use and won't be able to use his most skilled areas a lot.

i was actually gonna use pesce in first place but went with falk, the reason being as good as kadri is and good contract hes 4 years older than pesce and thought may want more, i agree something else needs to be added to the deal tho
Dec. 27, 2018 at 4:51 p.m.
I don't know exactly what the Leafs are looking for but what about Kronwall He will most likely retire and the end of the season. But for this play off run he might be right fit. Babcock likes him and throw in Glendening who Babcock loves and you could get both of them for a couple of draft picks. It's just an idea.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
I don't know exactly what the Leafs are looking for but what about Kronwall He will most likely retire and the end of the season. But for this play off run he might be right fit. Babcock likes him and throw in Glendening who Babcock loves and you could get both of them for a couple of draft picks. It's just an idea.

I'm not so certain Kronwall is an improvement on what we already have or if he has any interest in waiving his NMC. Glendenning I don't see as a good fit anymore...but that's a personal preference for me as I think the Leafs need $1m and under contracts on their 4th line after this year.

But I do like your line of thinking with a less 'flashy' add on defence...I'm thinking a Deryk Engelland (if Vegas is on the outside looking in) or Adam McQuaid from the Rangers...both pending UFA's that might be available for a reasonable price and can chip in 15-20min a night to relieve some minutes from Hainsey
aedoran liked this.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 6:02 p.m.
Quoting: Juice
I'm not so certain Kronwall is an improvement on what we already have or if he has any interest in waiving his NMC. Glendenning I don't see as a good fit anymore...but that's a personal preference for me as I think the Leafs need $1m and under contracts on their 4th line after this year.

But I do like your line of thinking with a less 'flashy' add on defence...I'm thinking a Deryk Engelland (if Vegas is on the outside looking in) or Adam McQuaid from the Rangers...both pending UFA's that might be available for a reasonable price and can chip in 15-20min a night to relieve some minutes from Hainsey

Makes sense. Just an idea.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 6:09 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I can see understand why Kadri or even Nylander would be traded for cap and defensive help. But not this deal. Kadri for three years is worth a lot more than one year of Faulk. And really all of these all star RHD on Carolina is kinda of fantasy. Zaitsev and Ozhigakov seem good NHLers, and finding that third guy might an issue. If you think it's Weber as good enough NHLer his return will be more.
Random2152 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 6:31 p.m.
Banned
Matthews makes more and you will be over the cap.
I would ship Kapanen off before paying him 3+ million. I don't think he's as good as his point totals. He's had a lot of help. He's not a core piece. Sell high.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll