SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

What is Brassards Value

Dec. 27, 2018 at 9:13 p.m.
ComYog
I am curious as to what people think Brassard is worth now, obviously he has had lower production than the Pens hoped. But I think in part thats due to the role he is playing. His contract is very very reasonable and has a history of being a productive player. What is he worth now and at the TDL
Dec. 27, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Penguins are going to be chasing the cup why are they trading brassard? Are they giving up ? I’m completely cool with that but generally cup favorite teams don’t exactly sell off key parts at the deadline
Dec. 27, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
ComYog
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Penguins are going to be chasing the cup why are they trading brassard? Are they giving up ? I’m completely cool with that but generally cup favorite teams don’t exactly sell off key parts at the deadline

I agree pens are should be in for the cup. And trading away talent at the TDL isnt how you do that. But Trading Brass away before the TDL to a team that would then reflip him at the TDL would work. Personally I think Brass still has great TDL value, and so could get a good package now for a team to then flip at the TDL.

Brassard isnt looking the way the pens wanted him to. If they traded him now to a non playoff team. They could bring in a replacement with plenty of time to make sure the replacement works out. Also its unlikely Brass resigns with pens. If they could move him for a player with term who is cost controlled it could be a big advantage moving forward. I was thinking Bozak as a potential target, STL are retooling if not building. Bozak would combine well with Kessel and make a 3 line threat. And could be brought in with some retention to make him a decent cost controlled 3c for multiple years. The target doesnt have to be Bozak, but I think the Idea works?
Dec. 27, 2018 at 9:48 p.m.
poor season yet getting Top 6 fwd minutes 5v5 in terms of TOI, needs a change of scenery as a pending UFA who yes probably can be useful in a different role, however I dont see much more than a 3rd rounder and a mid level prospect for him right now.

Pens would be better to hang on to him bc they won't get the value back they need if they are in a playoff hunt
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2018 at 10:41 p.m.
Secound round and a prospect
Dec. 28, 2018 at 4:22 a.m.
I think he can get a lot, his role is diminished.. Obviously, very few players can steal ice time from Malkin and even fewer for Crosby. He has shown a history of being productive in a top 6 role but he just won't get that in Pittsburgh. And Brassard is on a ridiculously stellar contract. I think he has a higher return than most people think if the Pens even decided to trade him. I honestly think though that they'll just make the same mistake as the islanders did with Tavares and keep their pending UFA in hopes of a cup when they're better off just getting the value out of the player rather than getting nothing.
Dec. 28, 2018 at 7:35 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67

he is definitely not a key part. If anything he's been a complete disappointment.

Not gonna get into the hows and why's but for what they coughed up for him I'm about positive there isn't a person in management or the fan base who thinks it's worked out as expected.

As for his trade value it's low. He's a rental. Nothing more. Pick and prospect to a playoff team maybe. Which means it's only going to the west coast most likely. At which point your trade options are diminished and so goes the value.
Dec. 28, 2018 at 10:32 a.m.
brassard would have value to a team that needs a #2 center which is where he is best suited. He needs the minutes and PP time to be engaged in the game. As in pittsburgh we've seen that if he is relegated to a 3rd line role he takes shifts and is complacent. There aren't many teams that will be a fit for him though.
Columbus would be as he played for John Torterella with the Rangers but i doubt they are itching to trade with us. They are disappointed with Wennberg. getting Brassard would allow them to move Boone Jenner back to wing.

Boston has been looking for center depth. Probably only parting with pick and a prospect.

Buffalo could look to add to help their center depth behind Eichel as Casey Mittlestadt has struggled a bit as the full time #2. Maybe Zemgus Girgensons younger cheaper and a RFA. Moresuited for 3rd line work.

Would Winniepg want him as a rental for a package that includes Andrew Copp?

No big returns here but the Pens are gonna face a cap crunch next season and 3rd line centers aren't cheap. Getting a younger cheaper option like Copp or Girgensons may be worth it unless they are throwing all their chips on the able for this season and in that case Brassard likely stays.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll