Published: Dec. 29, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PHI
  1. Carlo, Brandon
  2. Halák, Jaroslav
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Neuvirth, Michal ($1,250,000 retained)
  2. Simmonds, Wayne ($1,987,500 retained)
PHI
  1. McCarron, Michael
  2. 2020 6th round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Elliott, Brian ($1,375,000 retained)
Additional Details:
When Elliott is healthy, consider this goalie insurance.
PHI
  1. Hanzal, Martin
  2. Johns, Stephen
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (DAL)
  4. 2019 4th round pick (DAL)
PHI
  1. Sbisa, Luca
  2. 2019 5th round pick (NYI)
NYI
  1. Hanzal, Martin
  2. Varone, Philip
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (NJD)
PHI
  1. Callahan, Ryan
  2. 2019 1st round pick (TBL)
  3. 2019 4th round pick (TBL)
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
If Tampa Bay wins the Stanley Cup the 2019 1st becomes a 2019 2nd and 2019 3rd.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$79,500,000$61,137,875$0$5,917,500$18,362,125
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 2
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$962,500$962,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
$784,167$784,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
RFA - 2
$680,833$680,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$874,125$874,125
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the New York Islanders
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
G
RFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$780,833$780,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
C
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 3
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RD
UFA - 3
$761,250$761,250
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 29, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
It’s not Chuck you need to persuade. Nobody is taking any of those deals.

Dallas maybe,
Dec. 29, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.
Edited Dec. 29, 2018 at 12:58 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
It’s not Chuck you need to persuade. Nobody is taking any of those deals.

Dallas maybe,

I have a question how good is Carlo? I don’t really know but his stat line is something like 3 pts in 30 games. And if you have the time tell me what the problem is with these deals.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:03 p.m.
Edited Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: JPM
I have a question how good is Carlo? I don’t really know but his stat line is something like 3 pts in 30 games. And if you have the time tell me what the problem is with each deal.

Boston is not giving up 3 good pieces for 2 rentals that they won’t resign.

Crouse has more value to Zona than the entire package you are sending them.

Montreal has Price, Niemi, and Lindgren. What do they need Elliot for? I mean McCarron and a 6th is not a deal breaker. He is a bust and the 6th is if little consequence. Just no need.

Dallas might just to dump Hanzal.

Isles have enough crappy contracts they don’t need another one.

Raffl and Folin have little value, they are roster filllers. TBL would love to move Callahan but they are not dumping a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to do it.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
Boston is not giving up 3 good pieces for 2 rentals that they won’t resign.

Crouse has more value to Zona than the entire package you are sending them.

Montreal has Price, Niemi, and Lindgren. What do they need Elliot for? I mean McCarron and a 6th is not a deal breaker. He is a bust and the 6th is if little consequence. Just no need.

Dallas might just to dump Hanzal.

Isles hsve enough crappy contracts they don’t need another one.

Raffl and Folin have little value, they are roster filllers. TBL would love to move Callahan but they are not dumping a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to do it.

Nice detail. Here’s what I was thinking.

Boston: you might be right I was seeing Carlo as more of a bottom or 2nd pairing. And I think that Boston knows there window is closing very quickly with the team they have. But the main component of this deal was moving Halak for Simmonds, Carlo was more of an afterthought.

Arizona: Loses Crouse but Baumman is a solid prospect. The rest are just pieces that could be moved and Arizona gets one free spot with the contract limit plus gets Lethera who at least can play while Boland can’t.

Montreal: Gets goalie insurance. Niemi hasn’t been solid lately and Price may be back but no one knows. A couple of seasons ago he went down for supposedly six weeks and didn’t play the rest of the season.

Dallas: Does this in a heartbeat because Hanzal and Johns are hurt and probably won’t be fully healthy the rest of their contracts if they can even play them out.

NYI: Get a 3rd when they don’t have one in a solid draft. The islanders give up caproom this season and next but also get Varone who will at the least benefit their AHL system. They’re giving up Sbisa who is solid but has been the definition of injury prone.

TBL: Does this because Raffl and Callahan can be interchangeable and Callahan’s contract is **** maybe the picks should be less but I think it’s a solid idea. Raffl has 1 point less in 10 less games played and both are penalty killers. This move also opens up cap space for Tampa next season when they need it to sign Point and Dmen.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Nice detail. Here’s what I was thinking.

Boston: you might be right I was seeing Carlo as more of a bottom or 2nd pairing. And I think that Boston knows there window is closing very quickly with the team they have. But the main component of this deal was moving Halak for Simmonds, Carlo was more of an afterthought.

Arizona: Loses Crouse but Baumman is a solid prospect. The rest are just pieces that could be moved and Arizona gets one free spot with the contract limit plus gets Lethera who at least can play while Boland can’t.

Montreal: Gets goalie insurance. Niemi hasn’t been solid lately and Price may be back but no one knows. A couple of seasons ago he went down for supposedly six weeks and didn’t play the rest of the season.

Dallas: Does this in a heartbeat because Hanzal and Johns are hurt and probably won’t be fully healthy the rest of their contracts if they can even play them out.

NYI: Get a 3rd when they don’t have one in a solid draft. The islanders give up caproom this season and next but also get Varone who will at the least benefit their AHL system. They’re giving up Sbisa who is solid but has been the definition of injury prone.

TBL: Does this because Raffl and Callahan can be interchangeable and Callahan’s contract is **** maybe the picks should be less but I think it’s a solid idea. Raffl has 1 point less in 10 less games played and both are penalty killers. This move also opens up cap space for Tampa next season when they need it to sign Point and Dmen.

Carlo is 6’5” good skating RD still improving. He’ll be a solid 2nd pair guy. Still on ELC. B’s have zero interest. Zboril and 3rd for Simmonds, maybe a 2nd.

Crouse >>>> Bunnaman and 4th, rest is just unwanted garbage on both sides.

Habs are first round casualties if they make the playoffs at all. Be better off playing Lindgren and boosting his trade value.

Isles are not sacrificing cap space to bolster the AHL team, nobody does that. You could have Sbisa for next to nothing.

TB will not do that because of the picks. Also highly unlikely Callahan waives to leave Cup favorite for a non-playoff team.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Carlo is 6’5” good skating RD still improving. He’ll be a solid 2nd pair guy. Still on ELC. B’s have zero interest. Zboril and 3rd for Simmonds, maybe a 2nd.

Crouse >>>> Bunnaman and 4th, rest is just unwanted garbage on both sides.

Habs are first round casualties if they make the playoffs at all. Be better off playing Lindgren and boosting his trade value.

Isles are not sacrificing cap space to bolster the AHL team, nobody does that. You could have Sbisa for next to nothing.

TB will not do that because of the picks. Also highly unlikely Callahan waives to leave Cup favorite for a non-playoff team.

Montreal - I thought Lindgren was also hurt that’s why they didn’t call him up.

Isles might really want picks they have very few for a weak team in a strong draft, and their not taking much of anything back they will need to spend to reach the cap floor the next few seasons.

Fair points with Bos, Ari, TB.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.
Banned
You clearly haven't looked into these trades at all and are just throwing them out there.

Boston wouldn't move Carlo when they were interested in Landeskog so they're not gonna move him for 2 rentals plus add in their best goalie this season. Boston says no.

The Arizona deal is just awful. Bolland for Lehtera is a cap dump for a cap dump, and Crouse is worth much more than that package alone. Arizona says no.

Montreal doesn't need goalies, they have depth at the position so even though McCarron is not worth much anymore, it's pointless to use him for something that they don't need. Montreal says no.

As much as Dallas would probably like to get rid of Hanzal, they need defence and in your idea they're giving up the best defensemen and getting back a defensemen that's highly overpaid. Dallas says no.

Islanders deal falls through after Dallas turned down the previous trade. Also doesn't make much sense for them to take on a camp dump with so little else also going to them. Islanders say no.

Tampa literally can't make that deal because their 1st round pick already belongs to the Rangers if Tampa wins the cup this year. So that's a no from the league.
you're 0/5 my friend.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 1:59 p.m.
Montreal - I thought Lindgren was also hurt that’s why they didn’t call him up.

Isles might really want picks they have very few for a weak team in a strong draft, and their not taking much of anything back they will need to spend to reach the cap floor the next few seasons.

Fair points with Bos, Ari, TB.

Isles are very deep in prospects and have a lot of contracts coming off the books. Better ways for them to spend that $. I would not be surprised to see them offer sheet Matthews or Marner. A little revenge for Tavares.

Habs...ehh...like i said it’s not the return. Valuewise they’d do that in heartbeat. I know i would. Guess it depends on their expectations for this year are.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.
Edited Dec. 29, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
Quoting: jonesryan
You clearly haven't looked into these trades at all and are just throwing them out there.

Boston wouldn't move Carlo when they were interested in Landeskog so they're not gonna move him for 2 rentals plus add in their best goalie this season. Boston says no.

The Arizona deal is just awful. Bolland for Lehtera is a cap dump for a cap dump, and Crouse is worth much more than that package alone. Arizona says no.

Montreal doesn't need goalies, they have depth at the position so even though McCarron is not worth much anymore, it's pointless to use him for something that they don't need. Montreal says no.

As much as Dallas would probably like to get rid of Hanzal, they need defence and in your idea they're giving up the best defensemen and getting back a defensemen that's highly overpaid. Dallas says no.

Islanders deal falls through after Dallas turned down the previous trade. Also doesn't make much sense for them to take on a camp dump with so little else also going to them. Islanders say no.

Tampa literally can't make that deal because their 1st round pick already belongs to the Rangers if Tampa wins the cup this year. So that's a no from the league.
you're 0/5 my friend.

The Boston deal you’re right. Arizona maybe they don’t have much flexibility and this way they would be paying less salary out while getting something for Crouse.

Montreal has 4 goalies signed. No one knows how badly Price is actually hurt. Lindgren is possibly hurt. Neimi is old., and I’ve seen articles saying he hasn’t been playing as well.

Dallas best Dman? How many games did he play this season? And how long will he have concussion related injuries?

Islanders are rebuilding and may want picks and to reach cap floor.

Tampa can make this trade because of the conditions applied to both mine and the Rangers trade. I don’t think I made a mistake with that one.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 2:15 p.m.
Banned
The Boston deal you’re right. Arizona maybe they don’t have much flexibility and this way they would be paying less salary out while getting something for Crouse.

Montreal has 4 goalies signed. No one knows how badly Price is actually hurt. Lindgren is possibly hurt. Neimi is old., and I’ve seen articles saying he hasn’t been playing as well.

Islanders are rebuilding and may want picks and to reach cap floor.

Tampa can make this trade because of the conditions applied to both mine and the Rangers trade.

Tampa can't make any moves involving their 2019 1st or 2nd round pick unless they negotiate with the Rangers and make a confirmation what they pick is that they'll receive in the McDonagh trade. They can't move any picks that have a condition on them in case the condition is fulfilled. NHL CBA rules. So unless Tampa calls the Rangers up and the agree to make the pick a confirmed 1st or 2nd this year, Tampa can't move the rights to that first round pick. Even if they did do that, Tampa isn't gonna move their 1st, to the Rangers, and then a 2nd and 3rd to Philly and not have a pick until the 4th round. With their impending cap situation they're gonna need young guys on cheap deals and they get that through the draft.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 8:53 p.m.
Tampa can't make any moves involving their 2019 1st or 2nd round pick unless they negotiate with the Rangers and make a confirmation what they pick is that they'll receive in the McDonagh trade. They can't move any picks that have a condition on them in case the condition is fulfilled. NHL CBA rules. So unless Tampa calls the Rangers up and the agree to make the pick a confirmed 1st or 2nd this year, Tampa can't move the rights to that first round pick. Even if they did do that, Tampa isn't gonna move their 1st, to the Rangers, and then a 2nd and 3rd to Philly and not have a pick until the 4th round. With their impending cap situation they're gonna need young guys on cheap deals and they get that through the draft.

Debatable, they’ll need to move Callahan, sacrificing something for him a 1st might be enough his cap hit is big and that was the going rate a while back. If they do that and get younger on Defense they probably won’t have that many cap problems. Callahan is 5.8, Giradi is 3, Coburn is 3.7. They need to resign Pacquette, Point, Erne, and grab a couple bottom line Dmen.
Dec. 29, 2018 at 8:57 p.m.
Banned
Debatable, they’ll need to move Callahan, sacrificing something for him a 1st might be enough his cap hit is big and that was the going rate a while back. If they do that and get younger on Defense they probably won’t have that many cap problems. Callahan is 5.8, Giradi is 3, Coburn is 3.7. They need to resign Pacquette, Point, Erne, and grab a couple bottom line Dmen.

They can't move their 2019 1st round pick, as I've already stated. Dan Giradi and Braydon Coburn are both UFA's at the end of the season and won't be brought back unless its for less than $1M. Callahan they could easily move in the offseason with a 2nd round pick in 2020 and a prospect since Callahan only has 1 year left after this one. It's not a terrible contract to move when there's not a lot of term left on it. Giving up the first 3 rounds of picks this year is just stupid when they have a cap crunch coming up. They'll need those picks more than ever.
Dec. 30, 2018 at 8:47 a.m.
This is a troll post right?
Dec. 30, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
Edited Dec. 30, 2018 at 3:44 p.m.
They can't move their 2019 1st round pick, as I've already stated. Dan Giradi and Braydon Coburn are both UFA's at the end of the season and won't be brought back unless its for less than $1M. Callahan they could easily move in the offseason with a 2nd round pick in 2020 and a prospect since Callahan only has 1 year left after this one. It's not a terrible contract to move when there's not a lot of term left on it. Giving up the first 3 rounds of picks this year is just stupid when they have a cap crunch coming up. They'll need those picks more than ever.

They can move their 1st as you already stated, if they wanted to. Is NYR really gonna stop Tampa from making a move? And no if they move those guys and Stralman moves on in free agency then their resigning some guys that won’t be that great of the cap hit. I also said you have fair points on the number of picks and their rounds that they maybe less but I don’t think they move him for less than a first, or a highly touted prospect and a 2nd or 3rd. Also it’s worth noting that when Hextall traded for Lethera he got 2 1st round picks for taking two years of Lethera who had a salary of 4.7 mil., now he gave up Schenn, but the return on Callahan is less and his contract has a higher salary.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll