ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$67,612,499$0$2,682,500$11,887,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,825,000$2,825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$7,425,000$7,425,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 3, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
Banned
CBJ says hell no. A. they don't need defense, and B, they aren't trying to get older.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
CBJ says hell no. A. they don't need defense, and B, they aren't trying to get older.

They dont get much older. Plus, they're getting a more reliable goal scorer(albeit not this season) who can also potentially convince Panarin to stay. I wouldn't do it from a Blues perspective, but thought it was an interesting idea. Dunn replaces Werenski, Tarasenko replaces Anderson.
Thanks for the feedback
PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
I’m not sure that CBJ passes on this. If they intend to go deep into the playoffs, they need more scoring. Tarasenko needs a change of venue and supposedly he is very close friends with Panarin. A line with Panarin, Dubois, and Tarasenko would be pretty cool to watch.
Chopper02 liked this.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Chopper02
They dont get much older. Plus, they're getting a more reliable goal scorer(albeit not this season) who can also potentially convince Panarin to stay. I wouldn't do it from a Blues perspective, but thought it was an interesting idea. Dunn replaces Werenski, Tarasenko replaces Anderson.
Thanks for the feedback

Not even close. First Tarasenko does not replace Anderson. It does inflate their cap with that huge salary for a guy who is creeping up on 30 and doesn't have anderson's physical game.
Nor does Dunn replace Werenski. Who is considered one of the top young defense man in the league.
I don't even know where you get this. Yes there is some value in Tarasenko, but you want a player who frankly this year is more productive and getting paid 5 million less and is 3 years younger. For a player who has declining stats the last 2 years.

Everyone thinks they just gonna swindle CBJ out of their good young talent. Good luck with that. They got no interest in swapping out your under performing high cap hit players for their low cap hit skilled young players.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Edited Jan. 3, 2019 at 2:35 p.m.
Not even close. First Tarasenko does not replace Anderson. It does inflate their cap with that huge salary for a guy who is creeping up on 30 and doesn't have anderson's physical game.
Nor does Dunn replace Werenski. Who is considered one of the top young defense man in the league.
I don't even know where you get this. Yes there is some value in Tarasenko, but you want a player who frankly this year is more productive and getting paid 5 million less and is 3 years younger. For a player who has declining stats the last 2 years.

Everyone thinks they just gonna swindle CBJ out of their good young talent. Good luck with that. They got no interest in swapping out your under performing high cap hit players for their low cap hit skilled young players.

Let me clarify, Dunn isn't a "replacement" as in equal value. He's another defenseman who can provide offense and run a power play. He can also play good defense, not great, but good. And you're right, Tarasenko doesn't replace Anderson, he's better than Anderson skill wise. Anderson may be a more physical presence, but he doesn't have the complete game. Tarasenko is also coming off shoulder surgery and didn't have a ton of recovery time. His "declining stats" from last season aren't as bad as people make it sound. Still put up 30+ goals, still had 60+ points. It was down from the year before, but not by much. Tarasenko has been playing harder this year than he has in the past, mainly why i don't want to trade him. He's a great player, possibly in need of new scenery, but also possibly he just needs to strengthen his shoulder.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.

This is dumb. Tarasenko is much better then Anderson and I love Andy's game. Werenski is great, but can't defend a lick. CBJ wins this deal and it's by a fairly wide margin
LGBstl liked this.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: Turner33
This is dumb. Tarasenko is much better then Anderson and I love Andy's game. Werenski is great, but can't defend a lick. CBJ wins this deal and it's by a fairly wide margin

i disagree they win by a wide margin. Werenski is struggling defensively this year much like Tarasenko is struggling offensively this year. Both guys have the ability, not showing it right now. Blues improve slightly defensively, Columbus improves offensively. Its fairly even.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:31 p.m.
i disagree they win by a wide margin. Werenski is struggling defensively this year much like Tarasenko is struggling offensively this year. Both guys have the ability, not showing it right now. Blues improve slightly defensively, Columbus improves offensively. Its fairly even.

It's close, but a definite lose. Trading Tarasenko, on his value from this year alone, should get a gm fired
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:34 p.m.
It's close, but a definite lose. Trading Tarasenko, on his value from this year alone, should get a gm fired

I wouldn't call it a lose, but thanks for the feedback
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Banned

If Tarasenko is so much better than anderson then where is it at this point.
I'm not taking anything away from what Tarasenko did in the past. Yup he was really good. But the numbers are in decline 2 years in a row now and he's getting older. Anderson keeps getting better and he's doing it with half as much help. Tarasenko is a 1st line player on the Blues. Anderson is down there playing with Jenner and Foligno and he's still out performing him. Give me a break.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 1:45 p.m.
I'm not taking anything away from what Tarasenko did in the past. Yup he was really good. But the numbers are in decline 2 years in a row now and he's getting older. Anderson keeps getting better and he's doing it with half as much help. Tarasenko is a 1st line player on the Blues. Anderson is down there playing with Jenner and Foligno and he's still out performing him. Give me a break.

He's not outperforming him actually, 3 more goals and 7 less assists doesn't count as outperforming. And yes, Tarasenko is struggling, but it's not like Anderson is going out against top defensive pairings every night. Also, like I mentioned previously, Tarasenko is coming off shoulder surgery and is still trying to improve his strength. He'll get better as he gets stronger. He's also getting bad puck luck this season which is something he can't control.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.

lol Tarasenko is a consistent 35 goal scoring 65+ point player at 27 years old and only making 7.5 mil, Anderson is solid power forward at 24 years old who is showing he can POSSIBLY be a 20 goal scorer.

Tarasenko is on track for around 50 points which is bad for him but still more points than Anderson has ever had. Tarasenko is easily the better player and just having a bad season on a bad team.
Turner33 liked this.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 5:29 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LGBstl
lol Tarasenko is a consistent 35 goal scoring 65+ point player at 27 years old and only making 7.5 mil, Anderson is solid power forward at 24 years old who is showing he can POSSIBLY be a 20 goal scorer.

Tarasenko is on track for around 50 points which is bad for him but still more points than Anderson has ever had. Tarasenko is easily the better player and just having a bad season on a bad team.

Tarasenko has declining stats for the last 2 years and is coming of major shoulder surgery. There is no way CBJ trades out a younger, healthier, power forward goal scorer who hasn't even hit his peek yet and is currently playing better.
Jan. 3, 2019 at 5:41 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Tarasenko has declining stats for the last 2 years and is coming of major shoulder surgery. There is no way CBJ trades out a younger, healthier, power forward goal scorer who hasn't even hit his peek yet and is currently playing better.

Giroux's point totals since 2013-14 (age 26-31): 86 -> 73 -> 67 -> 58 -> 102 -> 44 in 39 GP

I don't think it's fair to say that Tarasenko is a declining asset at this point in his career. He has a career low shooting percentage (recovering from surgery probably hurts his accuracy) but he's getting his shots at about the same rate he always does. And when the team sucks, his personal stats are going to suck. Mackinnon put up 53 pts on a lousy COL team in '16-17 (48 pts in standings) and then put up 97 the following year. That can't just be from individual development, he had a good team with a good record around him last year.
Chopper02 and LGBstl liked this.
Jan. 4, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.

Whatever man you are delusional if you think they wont trade Anderson for Tarasenko. You were probably mad when they traded Saad for Panarin too.
Jan. 4, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
Banned
Whatever man you are delusional if you think they wont trade Anderson for Tarasenko. You were probably mad when they traded Saad for Panarin too.

you talking about a team that gave up karlsson to keep him. Enough said.
Everyone on this board thinks CBJ can just have their good young players taken from them. Get real. This trade is so lop sided it's not even funny. CBJ declines easily
Jan. 4, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
you talking about a team that gave up karlsson to keep him. Enough said.
Everyone on this board thinks CBJ can just have their good young players taken from them. Get real. This trade is so lop sided it's not even funny. CBJ declines easily

i'll say this, the fact i've had Blues fans say Blues aren't getting enough back and Jackets fans saying Jackets are getting screwed, tells me the trade is probably pretty even.
Jan. 4, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
i'll say this, the fact i've had Blues fans say Blues aren't getting enough back and Jackets fans saying Jackets are getting screwed, tells me the trade is probably pretty even.

One for one the trade is not even close.

But if you mean the trade as in Tarasenko and Dunn for Anderson and Werenski then yes the trade is close. CBJ would have to add another piece either pick or prospect.
Jan. 4, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
One for one the trade is not even close.

But if you mean the trade as in Tarasenko and Dunn for Anderson and Werenski then yes the trade is close. CBJ would have to add another piece either pick or prospect.

I don't think Columbus needs to add anything to be honest. The gap between Werenski and Dunn is the same as the gap between Anderson and Tarasenko in my opinion.
Aug. 29, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.

haha this aged well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll