Forums/Armchair-GM

Simple RHD addition

Created by: SammyT_51
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 5, 2019
Published: Jan. 5, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Also I wouldnt be surprised if Bracco is making team in summer. He is dominating AHL on bad Marlies team. Is point per game player now and Kadri could use a playmaker on his line badly. Kapanen or Marleau aint playmakers at all. Marleau shifting to 4C would benefit him and also young players on the roster and if Bracco doesnt succeed, He can easily replace him on 3rd line and we would continue as usual. But imo he deserves a shot. He might probably be the 3rd best pure playmaker in organisation behind Nylander and Marner.. Kadri would love guy of his skill level on his right wing. And this will eventually happen either in 19-20 or 20-21.

As For Jensen. He plays big minutes in Detroit and is doing quite well. He is RHD and is great skater. What if we bring him on board and give him proper opportunity with Rielly to showcase himself? Its simple addition and doesnt require anything other than pick at TDL which might eventually happen. 3rd rounder imo would get it done. And I think that once this deal happens, Babcock would throw Hainsey out like he did with Martin last year and Hainsey would be lucky to see any ice time. He is just waiting for this imo.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
2$925,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$950,000
2$850,000
1$700,000
2$750,000
4$4,000,000
8$9,000,000
2$850,000
2$700,000
2$700,000
3$2,100,000
8$11,340,000
1$1,100,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,100,000
1$700,000
1$950,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Sambrook, Jordan
3$925,000
Turkulainen, Jerry
3$925,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 4th round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Mueller
TOR
    Jensen

TDL move.
    DET
      2019 3rd
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the NJD
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$83,000,000$77,346,532$0$482,500$5,653,468

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $11,340,000$11,340,000
      C
      UFA - 5
      $6,962,366$6,962,366
      RW
      UFA - 5
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 4
      $11,000,000$11,000,000
      C, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $9,000,000$9,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 6
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $950,000$950,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 2
      $700,000$700,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1
      $850,000$850,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $950,000$950,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      RD
      RFA - 3
      $850,000$850,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $675,000$675,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $5,300,000$5,300,000
      RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      RD
      UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.
      I like all the signings but i think Ozhiganov was overpayed a bit. not much but i dont think he needs that to stay here. Also not sure Liljegren or Bracco make the team next year. Not to start for sure but maybe later in the year i would think its a very real possibility.
      SammyT_51 liked this.
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:24 p.m.
      Godfried
      Connor brown is not worth that and you under paid Matthews and marner by 1 mil at least each. Also kapanen could also be underpaid.
      Dwight_Schrute liked this.
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
      GM Hockeysaurus Rex
      Quoting: Driedger18
      I like all the signings but i think Ozhiganov was overpayed a bit. not much but i dont think he needs that to stay here. Also not sure Liljegren or Bracco make the team next year. Not to start for sure but maybe later in the year i would think its a very real possibility.

Liljegren was about to move up later this season actually as per Dubas who said after him getting injured that they planned on having him in NHL playing for a bit, I feel like he would make the team out of camp but I agree on Bracco tho. I love his game so there is a little bit of bias there grin
      Driedger18 liked this.
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
      GM Hockeysaurus Rex
      Quoting: Carter_G
      Connor brown is not worth that and you under paid Matthews and marner by 1 mil at least each. Also kapanen could also be underpaid.

You Kapanen is overprized at 4x4. He is going to make around 3.5 because he is only a complementary player not a playmaking player He is worth what average middle-6 winger is worth but not more just now.. Connor Brown is not worth scratched D on devils and 4th? You must NOT be serious with that comment loool! Devils fans agreed on that price. Also Marner at 9 and Matthews at 11.34 is pretty reasonable and I can explain it to you in detail but you would not understand after all so Im not even trying..
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:33 p.m.
      Quoting: SammyT_51
      Liljegren was about to move up later this season actually as per Dubas who said after him getting injured that they planned on having him in NHL playing for a bit, I feel like he would make the team out of camp but I agree on Bracco tho. I love his game so there is a little bit of bias there grin

I'm also a big Bracco fan full disclosure lol And that's interesting, I hadn't heard that. If he plays 10 or more games this year he would have to be protected in the upcoming expansion draft so i feel like maybe not calling him up would be best so we don't have to use a spot on him. Just my thoughts
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
      Godfried
      You Kapanen is overprized at 4x4. He is going to make around 3.5 because he is only a complementary player not a playmaking player He is worth what average middle-6 winger is worth but not more just now.. Connor Brown is not worth scratched D on devils and 4th? You must NOT be serious with that comment loool! Devils fans agreed on that price. Also Marner at 9 and Matthews at 11.34 is pretty reasonable and I can explain it to you in detail but you would not understand after all so Im not even trying..

Lol I forgot that one devils fan that agreed meant all fans everywhere. Also forgot that if one fan agrees means gms will as well. And explain it all you want if you use illogical explanations to short change your best 2 players it doesn't change anything. Matthew's will make 12+ and marner 10+ and it's common sense. Use your percentages all you want these players want and deserve to be paid. Compare these players to other players contracts all you want but you fail to realize the cap is rising so contracts are as well and these are great young players. Also you are tripping if you think 4x4 is an overpay. Prepare for a holdout like with nylander and you'll end up losing him or overpaying him like nylander. He is a young talent who is fast, defensively responsible and has a wicked shot. Call him complimentary all you want and then sit there and watch him get over 4 just like he is worth.
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.
      Dwight_Schrute
      Matthews is underpaid, not by a ton but he is under paid, he will get more than Tavares but less than McDavid, with 11.34 technically fits in but I think we are going to be more in the 12 mill range. Marner deserves 10 at least, especially if he continues his current pace through to the end of the year, and if you listened to what his dad was running around town saying to the media last month there is a way to read between the lines and think he is going to ask for a contract that matches Matthews. If Kapanen is going to give up that much term he will want more money, and rightfully so. 4 Million per probably buys two years.

You can try to put lipstick on this pig all you want but the leafs are going to cap hell in a hand basket and theyre going there with one NHL level defensman. Hopefully they can win games 6-4.
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 5:53 p.m.
      GM Hockeysaurus Rex
      Edited Jan. 6, 2019 at 12:24 a.m. by Jarvis
      Quoting: Carter_G
      Lol I forgot that one devils fan that agreed meant all fans everywhere. Also forgot that if one fan agrees means gms will as well. And explain it all you want if you use illogical explanations to short change your best 2 players it doesn't change anything. Matthew's will make 12+ and marner 10+ and it's common sense. Use your percentages all you want these players want and deserve to be paid. Compare these players to other players contracts all you want but you fail to realize the cap is rising so contracts are as well and these are great young players. Also you are tripping if you think 4x4 is an overpay. Prepare for a holdout like with nylander and you'll end up losing him or overpaying him like nylander. He is a young talent who is fast, defensively responsible and has a wicked shot. Call him complimentary all you want and then sit there and watch him get over 4 just like he is worth.

Lol that is a fair deal which would make both teams stronger. Im not mad at you for displaying your opinions. Okey I would explain why 9mil is fair value for Mitch Marner. He is obviously insanely great player and a top 5 RW in the league. Top 5 RWs in the league are Nikita Kucherov, Rantanen, Wheeler, Pastrnak and Marner. Rantanen would get around 9-10 as well as Mitch Marner. No more. Why? The best wingers make around 8-10 million in current cap situation no matter the year,. Marner at 10 is good deal but I feel like he would get closer to 9. I might be wrong tho and if he gets 10, pay the guy his money. He deserves that..
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
      Godfried
      Edited Jan. 6, 2019 at 12:24 a.m. by Jarvis
      Lol that is a fair deal which would make both teams stronger. Im not mad at you for displaying your opinions. Okey I would explain why 9mil is fair value for Mitch Marner. He is obviously insanely great player and a top 5 RW in the league. Top 5 RWs in the league are Nikita Kucherov, Rantanen, Wheeler, Pastrnak and Marner. Rantanen would get around 9-10 as well as Mitch Marner. No more. Why? The best wingers make around 8-10 million in current cap situation no matter the year,. Marner at 10 is good deal but I feel like he would get closer to 9. I might be wrong tho and if he gets 10, pay the guy his money. He deserves that..

Difference is all of them signed earlier, not this offseason when the cap will be its highest ever 83 mil. Pastarnak got absolutely destroyed and his agent should be fired for his contract. And its naive to think that the price doesn't change no matter the year and situation. That comment there proves you do not pay attention and know nothing of the NHL. Contracts are getting bigger based on the cap, and they move with the cap. Things change and marner is worth and will get 10 area maybe more and matthews and kap will get.more.than you think too. Everyone besides the few naive TO fans know this
      Jan. 5, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.
      GM Hockeysaurus Rex
      Edited Jan. 6, 2019 at 12:23 a.m. by Jarvis
      Quoting: FlamesBlow
      Matthews is underpaid, not by a ton but he is under paid, he will get more than Tavares but less than McDavid, with 11.34 technically fits in but I think we are going to be more in the 12 mill range. Marner deserves 10 at least, especially if he continues his current pace through to the end of the year, and if you listened to what his dad was running around town saying to the media last month there is a way to read between the lines and think he is going to ask for a contract that matches Matthews. If Kapanen is going to give up that much term he will want more money, and rightfully so. 4 Million per probably buys two years.

You can try to put lipstick on this pig all you want but the leafs are going to cap hell in a hand basket and theyre going there with one NHL level defensman. Hopefully they can win games 6-4.

Finally a good comment which has some value in it and thank you for that. Im glad for these comments. Im not saying Leafs are not going to be in cap hell. They obviously would be and in a big one. We gotta live with it. I agree that Matthews and Marner are going to take more and deservably so. They are incredible young players. In this AGM team I moved around 11-12mil mark for Auston and 9-10 mark for Marner. I feel like that is a territory they would float in with their deals. And if Matthews gets 12.34 which I suggested in few of the AGM Teams he would deserve every penny of that contract. Marner same.. Im all in for high money for them. I feel like if they wouldnt be able to get Kapanen under contract for less than 4 he would be a trade chip for RHD.. Its just a feeling. But you are right that 4mil might get you 2yrs of Kappy. But mostly thanks for honest comment without bashing on me personally which I just hate I would be honest.. all Im trying to do is to learn much more about the best game on this planet..

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll