RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$10,277,778$10,277,778
RW
UFA - 6
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,975,000$3,975,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Banned
ya a 4th rounder and a 3 goal scorer this year isn't getting you simmonds and kapanen isn't good enough to bring back parayko
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:04 a.m.
Banned
Philly deal - no, don't need to throw away assets for a pure rental. Brown is the Leafs best penalty killer. He's more valuable to the team than he is in this trade.
Detroit deal - not enough value. Holl may be decent, but Babcock has driven his trade value to the centre of the earth's core since he doesn't play at all this year.
St. Louis deal - not even in the right ballpark for value for Parayko. I'd love Toronto to get him, but it'll take quite a bit more than that for a 25 yr old, 6'6, 230lbs two way dman thats under team control for 4 years at a very good cap hit.

back to the drawing board my friend.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:08 a.m.
Bcarlo25
there are some upsides to these deals. Mostly that Dubas gets three really quick "no's," and can move on to other options that are realistic before the deadline.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:08 a.m.
Murph
Respect your opinion. The way i see it, STL loses Tarasenko no matter what, so they need a scoring Right Winger ( Kapanen) and would need to replace Parayko, or Pietrangelo with a RH D., which is why I suggested Zaitsev. Maybe Leafs need to add something else, but STL is not bargaining from a position of strength IMO.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:15 a.m.
Boris Bagel
Quoting: Murph
Respect your opinion. The way i see it, STL loses Tarasenko no matter what, so they need a scoring Right Winger ( Kapanen) and would need to replace Parayko, or Pietrangelo with a RH D., which is why I suggested Zaitsev. Maybe Leafs need to add something else, but STL is not bargaining from a position of strength IMO.

Tarasenko, Blues have him signed long term, why would they lose him for nothing?
Jan. 10, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.

Hey Murph.

I'm giving 5 stars as it looks like this is your first ACGM team.

Realistically, from my perspective, none of these deals come close to fair value.

I feel there's a team that may toss Philly a first rounder for Simmonds...whether he's worth that or not is not as important as the fact that teams may outbid each other.

Holl and a 4th have almost nil value. If Detroit doesn't get an attractive offer for Kronwall, I doubt they even approach him and ask him to waive his NMC

St. Louis is not dealing from a position of weakness. They have started to play a more respectable brand of hockey the last few weeks which likely coincides with getting their captain back in the lineup. They don't have any big free agents to get under contract for next year and I imagine are happy to see contracts like Maroon and Bouwmeester come off the books. If I'm them, I hold the line for the rest of the year and reassess this time next year. Ideally they use cap space this offseason to target a #1 goalie somehow. I think stability between the pipes would go a long way.

I feel like they've played around with their forward group so much over the past couple years that they just need to let the group grow together this year. Their big decision likely comes next year with Pietrangelo on his final year. If they wait until this time next year they'll have more information on whether he's worth re-signing into his mid 30s or if they should move him at the deadline. I honestly don't think the offers will change drastically from this trade deadline to next year's assuming his play is similar.

All that being said, the Parayko deal is way off.

Keep at it though and keep posting teams on here. Each fan base has some great posters on here so if there's a guy on another team you like, post an ACGM team and invite their comments to see what they feel is fair value in return.
GenXHockey, rja40 and A_K liked this.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
I'm with the guys above me, Murph....You are way too low for Parayko. When Petro went down, he assumed the top RHD spot and actually excelled. His offensive game is improving even more than it was now that Berube has mandated that he use his 100 mph slap shot more. He needs to refine its accuracy, but he is still young. He has enough speed to lead rushes into the offensive zone and does routinely. He takes out other teams top lines routinely with his size and reach. His outlet passes, while not quite as good as Petro's, are nothing to laugh at. He kills penalties and is scary when on the powerplay. The only thing missing from his game is an edge of grit. He's simply too nice on the ice. Acquiring him on his superb contract would take more than most Leafs fans are willing to pay. I've seen a lot of proposed trades by Leafs fans and others on here , and they simply do not know enough about Parayko when they think the asking price for him is too high. It is puzzling to me, but if they don't watch himall of the time, they really don't know what they'd be getting. He will soon be a top five RHD defenseman in this league, and it will cost a substantial hit to acquire him.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
Banned
Simmonds deal is nowhere close enough, Fat chance of Kronwall waiving for Toronto. He hates Babcock. And Parayko cost you at least Nylander. Not Kapanen+Zaitsev that's a joke.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 12:53 p.m.
Murph
I appreciate all the constructive criticism and the non constructive hammering. LOL. Okay so all of you think the Leafs need to add more to any of the deals proposed. I am okay with that , add away. The reason I suggested trading for Parayko is he is longer term and affordable which is supposedly the only kind of deal Dubas wa. Blues are a good team but are rumoured to be needing more help up front, and there are rumours of teams aggressively pursuing Tarasenko, who is not having his best season. Even if VT stays, they still supposedly need more offence from what I read.

As for Brown for Simmonds...Brown is a good player but not irreplaceable on PK, and he is not scoring, and while better than many Leafs is not their "heaviest" player. And 2.2 million is too much to pay a 4th line right winger when Hyman returns to lineup. Leafs will not have the $$ for him when Marner and Matthews are signed so he will likely be traded one way or another. So maybe they have to sweeten the deal, but I think Simmonds would waive any NTC to come home to Toronto and potentially have a chance at a cup. Flyers could re sign him July 1 if they want, because Leafs wont be able to afford it. Brown is an asset yes. He is the best roster player asset they can afford or might be willing to give up for a rental player.

So Kronwall hates Babcock. Some say all the Red Wings hated Babcock. So they were happy to see him walk. How did that work out? Newsflash. Most players hate Babcock. Most players will trade that off if it means potentially winning a Stanley Cup. Part of why Marleau came here, Tavares... I think Kronwall is tough enough to stick out half a season or more to at least finish his career in the playoffs. He could do the ceremonial re sign on July 1 and retire as a Red Wing.

And finally..Nylander? Unless he makes a hige turnaroud you can have him. Kapanen has out performed him, so much so that the Leafs will have to trade him because they will not be able to afford him after this season.

Have a great weekend all!
Jan. 10, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
I appreciate all the constructive criticism and the non constructive hammering. LOL. Okay so all of you think the Leafs need to add more to any of the deals proposed. I am okay with that , add away. The reason I suggested trading for Parayko is he is longer term and affordable which is supposedly the only kind of deal Dubas wa. Blues are a good team but are rumoured to be needing more help up front, and there are rumours of teams aggressively pursuing Tarasenko, who is not having his best season. Even if VT stays, they still supposedly need more offence from what I read.

As for Brown for Simmonds...Brown is a good player but not irreplaceable on PK, and he is not scoring, and while better than many Leafs is not their "heaviest" player. And 2.2 million is too much to pay a 4th line right winger when Hyman returns to lineup. Leafs will not have the $$ for him when Marner and Matthews are signed so he will likely be traded one way or another. So maybe they have to sweeten the deal, but I think Simmonds would waive any NTC to come home to Toronto and potentially have a chance at a cup. Flyers could re sign him July 1 if they want, because Leafs wont be able to afford it. Brown is an asset yes. He is the best roster player asset they can afford or might be willing to give up for a rental player.

So Kronwall hates Babcock. Some say all the Red Wings hated Babcock. So they were happy to see him walk. How did that work out? Newsflash. Most players hate Babcock. Most players will trade that off if it means potentially winning a Stanley Cup. Part of why Marleau came here, Tavares... I think Kronwall is tough enough to stick out half a season or more to at least finish his career in the playoffs. He could do the ceremonial re sign on July 1 and retire as a Red Wing.

And finally..Nylander? Unless he makes a hige turnaroud you can have him. Kapanen has out performed him, so much so that the Leafs will have to trade him because they will not be able to afford him after this season.

Have a great weekend all!

Hey Murph,

I agree with just about everything you've said here. I just think your reasons for wanting certain players and your willingness to part with current ones are the same reasons other teams wouldn't pull the trigger.

Anyone who knows me on here knows I absolutely love Parayko. I think he's the perfect fit on this team as age/skill/contract are everything the Leafs would look for. But a player of his age/skill/contract would demand something closer to Nylander +. And that's assuming Nylander is the same or better version we saw last year...not his present form. And the '+' probably involves a pick or prospect of significance.

There's lots of posters on here that think they 'know' what players are thinking. Would Kronwall waive to come to Toronto? I have no idea. No one here does. But IMO Detroit doesn't even ask him unless a trade offer comes in that benefits them in a meaningful way. I don't personally think Kronwall helps the Leafs this year and wouldn't give up much to get him...but I think every player with a NMC on a losing team will at least consider options to move elsewhere for a chance to win.

I 100% agree on Brown. I don't think the Leafs will be able to afford anyone on their 4th line making much more than $1m AAV. Nor should they really. With 3 stellar lines, the 4th line doesn't need significant ice time. If you can find 1 or 2 < $1m penalty killers to stow away on your 4th line..that's an ideal situation IMO. Either way, I also think the leafs will end up trading Brown for cap purposes. But as for Simmonds, I think better offers will be available to Philadelphia unless they happen to be very high on Brown
Murph liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll