LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 2
$5,142,857$5,142,857
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 10, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
Rangers say YES
Jan. 10, 2019 at 8:59 p.m.
Shibbal18
Namestnikov 2c Mittelstadt 3c Strome 4c makes way more sense
Jan. 10, 2019 at 9:01 p.m.
your vendetta against mittelstadt has gone too far.
Shibbal18 liked this.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 9:34 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

I still don't understand
Jan. 10, 2019 at 9:56 p.m.
Go Cavs
Edited Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

Quoting: Shibbal18
I still don't understand

No vendetta, and actually, but Mittelstadt is not a lock for a specific role every game on the Sabres 2C, 3C, 4C....etc..... and to be fair neither is Thompson, but as of late, he's been solid so he's currently good for the top 6. His minutes and usage are going to be heavily managed depending on gameflow, matchup, and how he has performed as of late. As of late, Housley has been using him 8-11 minutes a night in a highly managed role.

I would just prefer we had another veteran piece or two so that there is not as much pressure on him.

This lineup is just leaving it open as to where to put him, and Namestikov is also probably better on the LW as well. He had luck playing well with Stamkos in the past, im sure if they decided to break up Eichel and Skinner on seperate lines, he could be on his wing. Strome has also played much better in NYR....I think at worst in Buffalo, he's a middle six center. Mittelstadt can easily work in on the second line depending on the matchup.

I have Strome on line 2 because he's been playing the position in EDM and NYR, while Namestikov would need to get readjusted to center and while he's capable, it's not his best position. He's still an upgrade over what we have now. His production in NY since hes been traded there is not that far from Vlad's either.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
Go Cavs
Quoting: BeukeBOOM
Rangers say YES

Would Smith be considered a huge minus asset at this point? He kind of looks like another Nathan Beaulieu to me, but paid more, but I still like his mobility and possession numbers, and I dont have an issue taking the cap hit for 2 more years as a third pair D and he can play the right side like he did in Detroit. I see Guhle coming up next year anyways.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Ristoeichel
No vendetta, and actually, but Mittelstadt is not a lock for a specific role every game on the Sabres 2C, 3C, 4C....etc..... and to be fair neither is Thompson, but as of late, he's been solid so he's currently good for the top 6. His minutes and usage are going to be heavily managed depending on gameflow, matchup, and how he has performed as of late. As of late, Housley has been using him 8-11 minutes a night in a highly managed role.

I would just prefer we had another veteran piece or two so that there is not as much pressure on him.

This lineup is just leaving it open as to where to put him, and Namestikov is also probably better on the LW as well. He had luck playing well with Stamkos in the past, im sure if they decided to break up Eichel and Skinner on seperate lines, he could be on his wing. Strome has also played much better in NYR....I think at worst in Buffalo, he's a middle six center. Mittelstadt can easily work in on the second line depending on the matchup.

I have Strome on line 2 because he's been playing the position in EDM and NYR, while Namestikov would need to get readjusted to center and while he's capable, it's not his best position. He's still an upgrade over what we have now. His production in NY since hes been traded there is not that far from Vlad's either.

Mittelstadt is 20 and has 12 points at 2c with bad linemates. Strome is 25, has been on 2 teams this season and only has 11. Yet you want to put him on the same line that Mittlestadt has been on and expect a better result? Hasnt Stromes issue also been skating, which is a huge part of this system. I just dont see how it makes sense. As I said though, let Namestnikov shoulder the 2c responsibilities and give Mittelstadt a chance to earn that spot from the 3c position (which ironically imo has better wingers to fit his style). Less pressure on those kids, I think will get more out of him and we dont just give up on a promising center to throw him on a wing somewhere
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.
Go Cavs
I think will get more out of him and we dont just give up on a promising center to throw him on a wing somewhere[/quote]

Did we not do that with Sam Reinhart?
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:29 p.m.
Go Cavs
Quoting: Shibbal18
Mittelstadt is 20 and has 12 points at 2c with bad linemates. Strome is 25, has been on 2 teams this season and only has 11. Yet you want to put him on the same line that Mittlestadt has been on and expect a better result? Hasnt Stromes issue also been skating, which is a huge part of this system. I just dont see how it makes sense. As I said though, let Namestnikov shoulder the 2c responsibilities and give Mittelstadt a chance to earn that spot from the 3c position (which ironically imo has better wingers to fit his style). Less pressure on those kids, I think will get more out of him and we dont just give up on a promising center to throw him on a wing somewhere

Stome is not a blazer by any means, he's an average to above average skater like a Reinhart.

"Strome has decent size, standing at 6’1” and weighing 200 pounds. “He’ll both give and take a hit to make a play,” Edmonton Journal’s David Staples wrote. “He’s not a heavy hitter but he uses his body well to try to win pucks in battles. He’s got more grit than I had expected, a pleasant surprise. He lacks the speed to get in fast on the forecheck, like you might see from a Zack Kassian, but he’s a persistent checker.”
He skates with average speed. He doesn’t have elite or game-changing speed, maybe not even noticeable speed, but he likely has good footwork and skates efficiently. This is different from the prototypical young Ranger forward, but maybe that’s a good thing"

He has 9 in 23 with the Rangers. 11 pts on the season, he struggled badly in Edmonton so the majority of his production has been after the trade ton NY.

Im not expecting a 50 point player, but for the cost it will take to get him, and the fact that I can probably package him with another player, i'll gladly take him here as a middle six center for the rest of the year, and probably my third line center next season, or he moves over to RW. He and Namestnikov are still an upgrade in the middle six this season.

Long term, Mittelstadt will hopefully be the second line center. And we're also not putting him on the wing either because we have no other options at center, literally nobody. If we never trade for Ryan O'Reilly three years ago, we probably develop Reinhart as a center more aggressively. Right now he is lost, his possession numbers are ****, and he is heavily sheltered. Most nights we are not winning much of anything with Mittelstadt playing 15-18 minutes a night right now. Thats where we are at.

You guys need to stop putting the p***y on a pedestal with Mittelstadt. Just because he needs to be managed and sheltered right now does not mean someone is calling him a bust. He came into the season with the expectations to produce like Pettersson and the reality is, that's not where he is right now and needs a lot more time.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:36 p.m.
Shibbal18
I think will get more out of him and we dont just give up on a promising center to throw him on a wing somewhere

Did we not do that with Sam Reinhart?[/quote] exactly my point, niw when we need centers our former #2 pick can not play center anymore because he never developed at that position, for top 6 centers its nit as easy as moving a player over to center and hopefully he wins more faceoffs. Its the most demanding position in the game
Jan. 10, 2019 at 10:41 p.m.
Shibbal18
Stome is not a blazer by any means, he's an average to above average skater like a Reinhart.

"Strome has decent size, standing at 6’1” and weighing 200 pounds. “He’ll both give and take a hit to make a play,” Edmonton Journal’s David Staples wrote. “He’s not a heavy hitter but he uses his body well to try to win pucks in battles. He’s got more grit than I had expected, a pleasant surprise. He lacks the speed to get in fast on the forecheck, like you might see from a Zack Kassian, but he’s a persistent checker.”
He skates with average speed. He doesn’t have elite or game-changing speed, maybe not even noticeable speed, but he likely has good footwork and skates efficiently. This is different from the prototypical young Ranger forward, but maybe that’s a good thing"

He has 9 in 23 with the Rangers. 11 pts on the season, he struggled badly in Edmonton so the majority of his production has been after the trade ton NY.

Im not expecting a 50 point player, but for the cost it will take to get him, and the fact that I can probably package him with another player, i'll gladly take him here as a middle six center for the rest of the year, and probably my third line center next season, or he moves over to RW. He and Namestnikov are still an upgrade in the middle six this season.

Long term, Mittelstadt will hopefully be the second line center. And we're also not putting him on the wing either because we have no other options at center, literally nobody. If we never trade for Ryan O'Reilly three years ago, we probably develop Reinhart as a center more aggressively. Right now he is lost, his possession numbers are ****, and he is heavily sheltered. Most nights we are not winning much of anything with Mittelstadt playing 15-18 minutes a night right now. Thats where we are at.

You guys need to stop putting the p***y on a pedestal with Mittelstadt. Just because he needs to be managed and sheltered right now does not mean someone is calling him a bust. He came into the season with the expectations to produce like Pettersson and the reality is, that's not where he is right now and needs a lot more time.

So you expected him to produce like Pettersson thats why you feel disappointed, because I know O did not expect that and neither did a lot of people, thats why the ROR trade was questioned, thats what we thought Berglund was here for. Fact of the matter is at the start of the season he was the 2nd best center by far. As for possession numbers, he has the teams boat anchor on his rw and Shearys #s are not that much better, so their needs to be a little context there. Not putting him on a pedestal, i never had egregious expectations for him, and the team just had a sick run which over imflated everyones opinion of this team. Theyre a year ahead of where they should be, im not going to give up on a rookie at his natural position just because 40 games into his career hes been just ok, not even bad
Jan. 11, 2019 at 8:28 a.m.
Tspky
rangers deal isn't bad, i don't think they'll use the second retention on smith for only 600k though.. if any players this year it would be hayes/zucc/shattenkirk that the rangers retain on.. if you wanna trade a throw in like Zemgus the rangers could add like a player like nieves and a 4th. saves you that 600k

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll