C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW
UFA - 1
$6,700,000$6,700,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,415,000$2,415,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
UFA - 5
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 24, 2019 at 7:58 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Quite an awful trade
Eli and theBeer_Leaguer liked this.
Jan. 24, 2019 at 8:01 p.m.
Who adds what?
Comeau has 8 points, is -11, and 32 years old, signed until he turns 35. That's good for cap stability, but a lot of players slow down by 34.
Burakovsky has 12 points, is -5, and will be an RFA in the summer. His points/60 are currently about twice Comeau's, because he's slumping. Usually he'd be three to four times as good on offense, with years to keep improving.

Off the top of my head:
Comeau+2nd+3rd=Burakovsky
Janmark+2nd=Burakovsky
Nichushkin+3rd=Burakovsky
Faksa=Burakovsky+Dowd+3rd?
Faksa+Janmark=Burakovsky+Connolly?
Jan. 24, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
He’s also been a consistent 30 point scorer and a strong skater. He’s great on the PK and is a solid checker. He’s hard to play against. We get a little bit in cap savings too. You can find all the underlying stats that you want to, but Burky value is not great right now. Other teams might be competing to get him, but it’s still a buy low situation. The only player you listed that I would want would be Faksa, but to me we the Stars would ask for more than the Caps would want to give. Why would the Stars want Dowd? To me it sounds like GMBM wants a 1for1 swap of a veteran top 9 forward that is better defensively. That’s what I was trying to find without being too hopeful for a big return.
Jan. 24, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: Agent_Scarn
He’s also been a consistent 30 point scorer and a strong skater. He’s great on the PK and is a solid checker. He’s hard to play against. We get a little bit in cap savings too. You can find all the underlying stats that you want to, but Burky value is not great right now. Other teams might be competing to get him, but it’s still a buy low situation. The only player you listed that I would want would be Faksa, but to me we the Stars would ask for more than the Caps would want to give. Why would the Stars want Dowd? To me it sounds like GMBM wants a 1for1 swap of a veteran top 9 forward that is better defensively. That’s what I was trying to find without being too hopeful for a big return.

Burakovsky has so much more value than Comeau though. Maybe Comeau and a 2nd for Burky, but no matter what you'd have to add.
Eli liked this.
Jan. 24, 2019 at 9:10 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Agent_Scarn

Makes sense. Some Dallas fans have been offering Janmark, who I think is similar to Comeau, but a bunch younger? Dunno, though. He's a pending UFA, which also lowers trade value a little.

Faksa's pretty good, but he's a year older than Burakovsky and Burakovsky's outscoring him by about forty points, career, or fifty if you count playoffs. His big bonus points are that he's average on faceoffs and plays a bit of PK. Used to be another difference was that he played checking line, too, but Burakovsky seems to have figure that role out, this year, and has his points/60 up ahead of Faksa's finally, in spite of a slow start. So I think Burakovsky's the better offensive player and if Dallas has roster space, then getting back Dowd who's a good checking center/PK guy could make losing Faksa less of an issue, and give the Stars a top-end offensive forward they can play with their big guys, for years. But Burakovsky had a slow start this season, and his value's down, so I'd still add a 3rd or so, to get it done?
Jan. 25, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
Quoting: Eli
Makes sense. Some Dallas fans have been offering Janmark, who I think is similar to Comeau, but a bunch younger? Dunno, though. He's a pending UFA, which also lowers trade value a little.

Faksa's pretty good, but he's a year older than Burakovsky and Burakovsky's outscoring him by about forty points, career, or fifty if you count playoffs. His big bonus points are that he's average on faceoffs and plays a bit of PK. Used to be another difference was that he played checking line, too, but Burakovsky seems to have figure that role out, this year, and has his points/60 up ahead of Faksa's finally, in spite of a slow start. So I think Burakovsky's the better offensive player and if Dallas has roster space, then getting back Dowd who's a good checking center/PK guy could make losing Faksa less of an issue, and give the Stars a top-end offensive forward they can play with their big guys, for years. But Burakovsky had a slow start this season, and his value's down, so I'd still add a 3rd or so, to get it done?

I don't think it's reasonable to refer to Burakovsky as a top end offensive forward. Too many Caps fan (I'm a fan) lean to heavily on his potential. Right now, at this moment, he is not a very good player and every other team knows it too.
Jan. 25, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Jan. 25, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: AFriendCalledFive
I don't think it's reasonable to refer to Burakovsky as a top end offensive forward. Too many Caps fan (I'm a fan) lean to heavily on his potential. Right now, at this moment, he is not a very good player and every other team knows it too.

Too many Caps fans are comparing 23 year old Burakovsky who is still somewhat hampered by breaking both wrists in the last two years to 21 year old Burakovsky. Not enough Caps fans take the time to look up how many points other 23 year old forwards have.

Here. I'll do it for you. He's currently eleventh in his draft class in career points. Ninth among forwards. Second among wings. If that isn't top end, it's pretty close, I hope?

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20132014&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&draftYear=2013&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

This year, he's slumping pretty badly. He's 30th in his draft class in points. But one of the Blue Jackets broke his wrist in game two of the playoffs, with an overhand slash, so I feel like he was entitled to a slow start. It was probably harder to work out this summer, while his arm hurt. Now that everybody else's summer conditioning is wearing off, we're seeing Burakovsky's skill emerge, and he had three goals this week. After the All Star Break, hopefully he keeps improving. I don't think they need to trade him for any on-ice reasons. Maybe he smells funny? I don't know.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
Too many Caps fans are comparing 23 year old Burakovsky who is still somewhat hampered by breaking both wrists in the last two years to 21 year old Burakovsky. Not enough Caps fans take the time to look up how many points other 23 year old forwards have.

Here. I'll do it for you. He's currently eleventh in his draft class in career points. Ninth among forwards. Second among wings. If that isn't top end, it's pretty close, I hope?

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20132014&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&draftYear=2013&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

This year, he's slumping pretty badly. He's 30th in his draft class in points. But one of the Blue Jackets broke his wrist in game two of the playoffs, with an overhand slash, so I feel like he was entitled to a slow start. It was probably harder to work out this summer, while his arm hurt. Now that everybody else's summer conditioning is wearing off, we're seeing Burakovsky's skill emerge, and he had three goals this week. After the All Star Break, hopefully he keeps improving. I don't think they need to trade him for any on-ice reasons. Maybe he smells funny? I don't know.

He may be 11th in his draft class but is 231st in points since he entered the league. That is not top end offensive talent. I don't think he needs to be traded unless someone surprises us with a great offer. But please, he's not top end.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 7:14 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Jan. 26, 2019 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: AFriendCalledFive
He may be 11th in his draft class but is 231st in points since he entered the league. That is not top end offensive talent. I don't think he needs to be traded unless someone surprises us with a great offer. But please, he's not top end.

You're counting defensemen. 31 teams times five skaters makes for 155 starters, and your analysis puts Burakovsky firmly on a second unit. But forwards and defensemen score different amounts of points, so your analysis is a little too kind.

Among forwards he's 187th in points since summer '14. There are 186 top six forwards, although who they are depends on what stats you measure. If anyone ahead of him has retired, he's an established top six forward, by points, just having an off year. I didn't look at the whole list, but from the dozen guys ahead of Bura, Mike Ribeiro, Patrick Sharp, and Jussi Jokinen are done. So Burakovsky's a 23 year old top six forward having a down year while recovering from injury.

If he were 32, I could see getting worried. He's 23, though. Also, he's 198th in games played by forwards since summer '14, so he's outscoring a dozen guys who have played more games. I think he's got a little bit of trade value.
Jan. 29, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
You're counting defensemen. 31 teams times five skaters makes for 155 starters, and your analysis puts Burakovsky firmly on a second unit. But forwards and defensemen score different amounts of points, so your analysis is a little too kind.

Among forwards he's 187th in points since summer '14. There are 186 top six forwards, although who they are depends on what stats you measure. If anyone ahead of him has retired, he's an established top six forward, by points, just having an off year. I didn't look at the whole list, but from the dozen guys ahead of Bura, Mike Ribeiro, Patrick Sharp, and Jussi Jokinen are done. So Burakovsky's a 23 year old top six forward having a down year while recovering from injury.

If he were 32, I could see getting worried. He's 23, though. Also, he's 198th in games played by forwards since summer '14, so he's outscoring a dozen guys who have played more games. I think he's got a little bit of trade value.

Ovechkin, Crosby, McDavid, Matthews... are top end forwards not Burakovsky. He's a mid level (right now) player at best that is regressing

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll