C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$10,277,778$10,277,778
RW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
LW, C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 25, 2019 at 8:33 p.m.
What about Radko Gudas
Jan. 25, 2019 at 8:43 p.m.
Banned
the only deal that's of any interest is the Anaheim one. Even in that it's better to change Johnsson for Kapanen due to Toronto's depth at RW. But I don't think Anaheim is ready to move Manson yet, might have to wait till the offseason for that.
Jan. 25, 2019 at 8:57 p.m.
Math and Sports
You want RD and are considering Winnipeg? Why not just make an offer for Myers?
Jan. 25, 2019 at 9:46 p.m.
I think Toronto should target a player like Manson, he fits a lot of their needs on the backend. But the trade you proposed is completely lopsided, you gave a 3rd liner and a 3rd round pick for Manson (I didn't mention Zaitzev but I'll mention why that is below) if you are looking to get Manson I think the trade would have to be someone like Kapanen, Bracco and a 1st. I'm not even sure the ducks would accept that they might want more quality over quantity but it is at least it's closer to being fair and still a big win for the Leafs.

And for Zaitzev this guy is almost completely untradeable at this point. No GM in their right mind is going to take a bottom 6 defensemen (this might even be generous given how he plays some night should be a AHL Dman) who is signed for an 4.5m AAV for the next 5 seasons. This is one thing that confuses me about some Leafs fans on this site who always include Zaitzev deals for nothing acting like any/everyone would take him just for a mid to late round pick. If you were actually going to trade Zaitzev you would A. have to pray he starts playing better and when you deal him you retain 1-2 million AAV of his salary for a while or B. have to package him with like a first round pick or top prospect and get little to nothing in return just for someone to eat his money for the next 5 season
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 25, 2019 at 10:32 p.m.
Quoting: Carpy22
I think Toronto should target a player like Manson, he fits a lot of their needs on the backend. But the trade you proposed is completely lopsided, you gave a 3rd liner and a 3rd round pick for Manson (I didn't mention Zaitzev but I'll mention why that is below) if you are looking to get Manson I think the trade would have to be someone like Kapanen, Bracco and a 1st. I'm not even sure the ducks would accept that they might want more quality over quantity but it is at least it's closer to being fair and still a big win for the Leafs.

And for Zaitzev this guy is almost completely untradeable at this point. No GM in their right mind is going to take a bottom 6 defensemen (this might even be generous given how he plays some night should be a AHL Dman) who is signed for an 4.5m AAV for the next 5 seasons. This is one thing that confuses me about some Leafs fans on this site who always include Zaitzev deals for nothing acting like any/everyone would take him just for a mid to late round pick. If you were actually going to trade Zaitzev you would A. have to pray he starts playing better and when you deal him you retain 1-2 million AAV of his salary for a while or B. have to package him with like a first round pick or top prospect and get little to nothing in return just for someone to eat his money for the next 5 season

Zaitsev is intriguing to me because Anaheim will be in trouble at the expansion draft. Zaitsev is good defensively though produces little to no offence. Honestly neither does Manson. I think Kapanen, a first, Zaitsev 1 million retained and Durzi should get it done.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 25, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
You sure you weren't thinking of Josh Mahura?
Jan. 26, 2019 at 12:12 a.m.
VeryLeafy
Quoting: Carpy22

Josh Manson is a good D man. But let’s not get carried away here. He’s at best a shutdown D who stops a cycle with zero offense. That’s pretty much Zaitsev. The only real difference is Z makes bad decisions with the puck and Manson can make a pass. But Z has all the tools. He also gets Harped on more because he’s a leaf. Just like everyone thinks Gards is **** cause he makes a mistake but he’s really an elite Dman. So I disagree that a shutdown D making 4mil a year is worth more then a middle 6 youngish scorer. A D man to replace the guy you trade and a pick.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.
Quoting: MattyMadden28
Josh Manson is a good D man. But let’s not get carried away here. He’s at best a shutdown D who stops a cycle with zero offense. That’s pretty much Zaitsev. The only real difference is Z makes bad decisions with the puck and Manson can make a pass. But Z has all the tools. He also gets Harped on more because he’s a leaf. Just like everyone thinks Gards is **** cause he makes a mistake but he’s really an elite Dman. So I disagree that a shutdown D making 4mil a year is worth more then a middle 6 youngish scorer. A D man to replace the guy you trade and a pick.

I mean we just having differing opinions then if I'm the Ducks its a no go for the trade. Just like you said players like Gardiner get harped on because they are Leafs (I actually to agree with you on that he is not as bad as a lot of fans make him out to be) but the same can be said for Leafs fans overvaluing their players. Johnsson while solid isn't this great piece that every team is going to see as a cornerstone piece for their future. He is not as nice of a piece as Kapanen would be and the Ducks would surely be asking for Kap in this deal if Manson is involved (he's been in their top 4 for a couple years now playing 20+ minutes a night so losing him would be a massive loss for them). Put yourself in the Ducks GMs shoes I mean look at what you are being offered by the Leafs a third line player and a late 3rd round pick (not even going to mention Zaitzev he's awful/overpaid) for a guy who would become the second best defensemen on the team (there is a argument for Gardiner here too) slot into your top pairing and play 25+ minutes a night with Rielly. Like would you really accept that if you're the Ducks?

And about Zaitzev again I mean come on you can't actually believe the he and Manson are the same player can you? If he is this type of player then why do you even need a player like Manson, why does everyone want to trade him and furthermore, why do the Leafs even need to sure up there backend if he is good but just gets harped on too much cause he is a Leaf?

Not trying to rip on you for the Zaitzev comment but it genuinely makes me wonder about people's thought process on this site. So many people on this site think the same as you do about Zaitzev when making trades and for me it always bring up this question if he is a good/the way you describe him then why trade him isn't he exactly what you need a good solid RHD on the backend? Like a comparable trade to me would be Alzner in Montreal, would you or other Leafs fans take Alzner from the Habs in exchange for a 4th round pick (if they had cap space)? I'm pretty sure you would laugh at that offer by the Habs and I think thats what every GM in the league would do to the Leafs if they are offering up Zaitzev unless they get a premium return or eat a bunch of salary
Jan. 26, 2019 at 10:42 p.m.
VeryLeafy
Honestly though. I wouldn’t trade Kappy straight up for Manson. And if the ducks think he’s a legit top pairing guy then he wot be moved. To me he’s a better Z. Z has all the tools. But his decision making is terrible. Manson tbh is probably an avg puck mover. He’s just physical and the leafs need that with a guy who’s also reliable. But Manson is not a top pair guy. I mean he can be with a legit top much mover like Larson or Fowler or Rielly carrying the play for him. He just adds a physical element. But he’s not worth a scorer plus plus to me.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll