Forums/Armchair-GM

Fowler

Created by: LeafsFan123
Team: 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 26, 2019
Published: Jan. 26, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NTC could be an issue, also giving up a first would hurt but it solves long term D issues and Olofsson will be a good 3C/2C in the future which is pretty replaceable at this point due to the center depth and prospects. I think the value is pretty close to fair becuase fowler has been fairly inconsistent and is having a especially underperforming year so far,
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$900,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
Any team looking for depth
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$79,500,000$72,297,143$0$2,682,500$7,202,857
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 26, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
WentWughes
The value is there, but Montreal isn't going to make this trade. They are focusing on the future and building within.
Poehling liked this.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
The value is there, but Montreal isn't going to make this trade. They are focusing on the future and building within.

Yes, but Romanov, Harris, Walford, Tyszka, and Mete are the only half-decent LHD prospects in the system, and the only one that looks like a potential top four guy is Romanov, and if he doesn't turn out...... there's just no No. 1 LD in Montreal. Now I doubt that Fowler is the answer. Honestly, trading up at the draft to select Cam York might be better. IDK. What are your thoughts on the LHD future of Montreal.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 11:29 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: NucksFanForLife
Yes, but Romanov, Harris, Walford, Tyszka, and Mete are the only half-decent LHD prospects in the system, and the only one that looks like a potential top four guy is Romanov, and if he doesn't turn out...... there's just no No. 1 LD in Montreal. Now I doubt that Fowler is the answer. Honestly, trading up at the draft to select Cam York might be better. IDK. What are your thoughts on the LHD future of Montreal.

Mete at 20 is playing against the opposing teams top lines and shutting them down. How are you going to tell me he doesn't have top 4 potential? Jordan Harris at 18 is playing on North Eastern's top line which is unheard of in College.

We definitely have some good defensemen in the system, and we have 3 picks in the top 2 rounds in this years draft which I imagine Bergevin will draft some more defensemen.

I am really hoping Bergevin sticks to what he says and build through the draft, because this team can have a long, successful run if they just stick to the plan.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
The moment the Habs are back in the playoffs, there's a belief of getting assets for a "quick-fix". They should focus on keeping their young prospects. Don't forget that the team is coming from a 2 out 3 years of missing the playoffs which means the Habs have been INCONSISTENT.
NucksFanForLife liked this.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
Mete at 20 is playing against the opposing teams top lines and shutting them down. How are you going to tell me he doesn't have top 4 potential? Jordan Harris at 18 is playing on North Eastern's top line which is unheard of in College.

We definitely have some good defensemen in the system, and we have 3 picks in the top 2 rounds in this years draft which I imagine Bergevin will draft some more defensemen.

I am really hoping Bergevin sticks to what he says and build through the draft, because this team can have a long, successful run if they just stick to the plan.

I see the same thing with Flyers fans who used to try to add UFAs and trade for big names - when their prospect pool is incredibly deep at every position and all they have to do is slowly sell and wait. Building through the system and selling bad contracts in the process is the best way to rebuild/retool. Mete..... He's like a left shot Pesce. So yes, he's a top four D, but ideally on a contender you would have him as a 4D or 5D. He needs to show more offense to be a top four guy. He's great at transition, but I'd like to see him playing a bit more offensively. Mete is a part of your future core, he just needs to become more well rounded. Time should do that but there is no guarantees. Romanov, Mete, Harris, Weber, Brook, Juulsen, Fleury looks pretty good to me. It doesn't look elite though. It'll need to be better when Price is past his prime.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
WentWughes
I see the same thing with Flyers fans who used to try to add UFAs and trade for big names - when their prospect pool is incredibly deep at every position and all they have to do is slowly sell and wait. Building through the system and selling bad contracts in the process is the best way to rebuild/retool. Mete..... He's like a left shot Pesce. So yes, he's a top four D, but ideally on a contender you would have him as a 4D or 5D. He needs to show more offense to be a top four guy. He's great at transition, but I'd like to see him playing a bit more offensively. Mete is a part of your future core, he just needs to become more well rounded. Time should do that but there is no guarantees. Romanov, Mete, Harris, Weber, Brook, Juulsen, Fleury looks pretty good to me. It doesn't look elite though. It'll need to be better when Price is past his prime.

I can tell you don't watch Montreal games, Mete is very offensive. He just can't translate it to point production. He has been the most unlucky player in the NHL this year. He is very smart and makes very intelligent plays with no time to do so. This is the first year in a very long time where Montreal has been able to win with a struggling Price.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: EzioUchiha
The moment the Habs are back in the playoffs, there's a belief of getting assets for a "quick-fix". They should focus on keeping their young prospects. Don't forget that the team is coming from a 2 out 3 years of missing the playoffs which means the Habs have been INCONSISTENT.

I agree about not wasting future assets, but the inconsistency came from Price. This is the first year in Price's career where Montreal has been able to win without a top notch Carey Price. In the previous years, when Price played bad, we lost. This year when Price plays bad, we win.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
I can tell you don't watch Montreal games, Mete is very offensive. He just can't translate it to point production. He has been the most unlucky player in the NHL this year. He is very smart and makes very intelligent plays with no time to do so. This is the first year in a very long time where Montreal has been able to win with a struggling Price.

Price isn't really struggling, he's just not 100% himself. I never said that Mete didn't create offense, I want to see him on the scoreboard. 89 straight unlucky games? Yes he's not a dud offensively, or he wouldn't be putting up the oiSH% and GF/60 that he is this year and the points that he put up in the OHL, short AHL term, and WJC. I don't think he's bad, I just think he's going to be an average to slightly above average 2LHD.
Jan. 26, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
WentWughes
Price isn't really struggling, he's just not 100% himself. I never said that Mete didn't create offense, I want to see him on the scoreboard. 89 straight unlucky games? Yes he's not a dud offensively, or he wouldn't be putting up the oiSH% and GF/60 that he is this year and the points that he put up in the OHL, short AHL term, and WJC. I don't think he's bad, I just think he's going to be an average to slightly above average 2LHD.

Price definitely was struggling. He had a below .900 for the first 2 months of the season, only lately has he turned it on, and because of that, we went from being a WC team to a threat in the Atlantic. Yes 89 unlucky games, his ability to not score has become a Meme in Montreal. 2 goals called back, countless points, super unlucky bounces, anything you can name, has happened to him. Watch a single Montreal game and you will understand what I am talking about, there is a reason he is playing beside Weber, because he compliments him very well. He has some of the smoothest skating you will see in the NHL and he is wicked fast. I have no problem agreeing with you that he will only become an above average 2LHD, but to say he won't become a top 4 defensemen is absurd.
NucksFanForLife liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll