SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Burakovsky?

Jan. 28, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Why are 50% of WSH AGMs trading away Burakovsky? I admit I dont watch many Caps games so I dont have first hand experience of how Burakovsky has played this year, but looking at the stats It looks like Burakovsky has been given the short end of the stick this season. The last 3 seasons he has been played on the PP over 1 min per game on average, compared to about 20 seconds per game this season. His total ice time has been cut by 2 mins per game and he is being given more defensive matchups rather than offensive ones where he excels. His career even strength OZ start % is 56.5% and is now down to 47.7% this year. His shooting percentage is also a career low at 10.3% and his PDO is down to 98.9.

Why do Caps fans want to sell low on Burakovsky? Is it the new coach that just doesnt like him? It seems like WSH is putting him in a bad situation and then complaining when he fails. He isnt going to succeed the way the Caps want unless they give him the opportunity. If they give him more PP time and more consistent OZ starts its likely that his S% will return to his career average and his PDO will eventually even out to 100.
Jan. 28, 2019 at 3:38 p.m.
Quoting: moli92
Why are 50% of WSH AGMs trading away Burakovsky? I admit I dont watch many Caps games so I dont have first hand experience of how Burakovsky has played this year, but looking at the stats It looks like Burakovsky has been given the short end of the stick this season. The last 3 seasons he has been played on the PP over 1 min per game on average, compared to about 20 seconds per game this season. His total ice time has been cut by 2 mins per game and he is being given more defensive matchups rather than offensive ones where he excels. His career even strength OZ start % is 56.5% and is now down to 47.7% this year. His shooting percentage is also a career low at 10.3% and his PDO is down to 98.9.

Why do Caps fans want to sell low on Burakovsky? Is it the new coach that just doesnt like him? It seems like WSH is putting him in a bad situation and then complaining when he fails. He isnt going to succeed the way the Caps want unless they give him the opportunity. If they give him more PP time and more consistent OZ starts its likely that his S% will return to his career average and his PDO will eventually even out to 100.

The reason he's on so many AGMs is precisely because he's been rumored to be on the move due to his decreased role on the Caps.
Jan. 28, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
The reason he's on so many AGMs is precisely because he's been rumored to be on the move due to his decreased role on the Caps.

If they wanted to move him why would they limit his ice time and decrease his value? Wouldnt they want to increase his value as much as possible?

I also keep seeing Burakovsky for Nishushkin trades, but how does that solve any problems? If they dont want to make room for Burakovsky on the PP or give him OZ starts then why would they make room for Nishushkin?
Jan. 28, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.
If they wanted to move him why would they limit his ice time and decrease his value? Wouldnt they want to increase his value as much as possible?

I also keep seeing Burakovsky for Nishushkin trades, but how does that solve any problems? If they dont want to make room for Burakovsky on the PP or give him OZ starts then why would they make room for Nishushkin?

The Capitals just won the cup. Their star player is 33 years old. They are in win-now mode. My guess is they're much more concerned about winning games and finding winning formulas right now than the return they'll get on a guy they've decided they are done with.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jan. 28, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Burakovsky seems to be a guy that just isn't a fit in the system we want to play. We want a more North-South style, where Burakovsky excels going more East-West. He's struggled to find a place in the lineup, but I think part of that is the fault of the coaching staff for not putting him in a situation to succeed. We basically threw him out there and said, "let's see what you can do" rather than trying to develop his skills and giving him the opportunity to thrive.

His QO is $3M this offseason, and he hasn't shown to be worth that for us. He clearly has the upside for it, but the results aren't there. It's best that we trade him for a more established guy that we can keep next year in order to go for it again. My personal preference is someone like Brayden Schenn, but I doubt that actually materializes. Burk can be good for someone else, but it's clear that he can't reach his full potential in Washington. We messed up his chance here. A change of scenery is needed for him
Feb. 1, 2019 at 1:31 p.m.

His $:return on the ice is simply not good. People want him to be something, but he is barely a 3rd liner at this point. You say people are selling low on him, but if you look at the AGMs he is actually WAY overvalued in the Caps side. He is not going to get much in a trade, and as he is not worth $3.3M (qualifying offer) the Caps should not keep him past the deadline. If they can trick someone into taking him, they should.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: Yojimbo
His $:return on the ice is simply not good. People want him to be something, but he is barely a 3rd liner at this point. You say people are selling low on him, but if you look at the AGMs he is actually WAY overvalued in the Caps side. He is not going to get much in a trade, and as he is not worth $3.3M (qualifying offer) the Caps should not keep him past the deadline. If they can trick someone into taking him, they should.

lol k
Dec. 7, 2019 at 3:03 a.m.
How did William Karlsson end up unprotected in the expansion draft? Most top six guys would not perform well in a 4th line role. Caps had an embarrassment of riches in their top six. Too bad for COL they didn't sign him for longer. But at least he's still RFA.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
lol k

Got a life much? Guessing no. Going all the way back to February. Sad.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.
Quoting: Yojimbo
Got a life much? Guessing no. Going all the way back to February. Sad.

lol k

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll