Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/LAK) - Grundström, Durzi and 2019 1st round pick for Muzzin

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 29, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: Bf3351
You don't know anything about the Kings. Every smart kings fan with hockey sense knows that they just need a retool. Watch every Kings game for 10 years then talk to me.

How would you execute this retool?
Jan. 29, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
WentWughes
You don't know anything about the Kings. Every smart kings fan with hockey sense knows that they just need a retool. Watch every Kings game for 10 years then talk to me.

That age cannot take a retool. We already went through this. In 2-3 years this core is going to be done and are all going to have awful contracts. Now is the time to cash out before they screw themselves over. It's the right move. You just have to accept reality.
Caufzi and drewjenks liked this.
Jan. 29, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
That age cannot take a retool. We already went through this. In 2-3 years this core is going to be done and are all going to have awful contracts. Now is the time to cash out before they screw themselves over. It's the right move. You just have to accept reality.

In 2-3 years guys like JAD, Vilardi, Clague, and Kupar will be in the NHL. Lol...
Jan. 29, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
WentWughes
In 2-3 years guys like JAD, Vilardi, Clague, and Kupar will be in the NHL. Lol...

and your current core will all be old regressed men on Anchor contracts. Just accept it man. Your team is doing the right thing
Caufzi liked this.
Jan. 29, 2019 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: OpaqueZoo
Kings do need a rebuild. And with all those heavy deals, Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Quick, Kovalchuk, Martinez, Brown, Phaneuf, it looks like it'll be awhile before it's over.

I don't think LAK will attempt a rebuild as long as they have those big names under their current contracts. They can trade Alec Martinez, and Tyler Toffoli to gain some much needed cap space, and then pursue a big time UFA like Panarin this summer. I don't see how they can waste Doughty and Kopitar in a rebuild and justify it to their fan base. It's probably in their best interest long term to rebuild but their salary structure isn't at all similar to that of the Rangers. LAK are much more top heavy, whereas NYR had much more balance.
Jan. 29, 2019 at 5:28 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
I don't think LAK will attempt a rebuild as long as they have those big names under their current contracts. They can trade Alec Martinez, and Tyler Toffoli to gain some much needed cap space, and then pursue a big time UFA like Panarin this summer. I don't see how they can waste Doughty and Kopitar in a rebuild and justify it to their fan base. It's probably in their best interest long term to rebuild but their salary structure isn't at all similar to that of the Rangers. LAK are much more top heavy, whereas NYR had much more balance.

Or a retool.
Jan. 30, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.
Quoting: Wings1
terrible trade

Why?
Jan. 30, 2019 at 1:15 a.m.
Quoting: The_Architect
Lol! Blake just guaranteed you Hughes! That's HUGE. And a 2nd 1st rnd pick. Dude TO is getting bounced in the 1st rnd...Again lol

Maybe.

But it was still a good trade for Toronto - mainly because Muzzin has a 2nd year on his deal.

If Toronto gets nothing out of it this year - we still upgraded from Gardiner to Muzzin for next year while saving $2,000,000+ vs Gardiner's extension.

There are a lot of gritty 3rd line UFA's this summer that could replace what Grundstrom may or may not become.
Jan. 30, 2019 at 1:18 a.m.
Edited Jan. 30, 2019 at 1:28 a.m.

Exactly. Which is why they should start building around them right now.

LA's entire core is 29-36 and will be little help to the young guys when they hit their prime.

Is it possible for LA to win again now? Sure is.

Should Blake bet on it? Probably not.

Kovalchuk - 35
Brown - 34
Carter - 34
Quick - 33
Phaneuf - 33
Kopitar - 31
Martinez - 31
Muzzin - 29
Doughty - 29

Most of their contracts are have 3-6 years left .... and they'll probably lose a lot of trade value over the next 2 years.
Jan. 31, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Re-sign Bo
Oh well hopefully we can get Hughes in the draft to replace Muzzin
Feb. 1, 2019 at 10:46 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It's all about the variable.

Does Toronto win the cup?

If they don't this is a lot of future to trade for a 29 YO LHD with 2 years left on his contract. LA wins

If they win the cup, who cares what trades they make. TOR Wins

It's all about that variant. I don't see how this trade makes them better than TB though

probably not, but they have to go all in this year, this is going to be the strongest team they have for a few years as some pieces are going to have to move this offseason
Jan. 28, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Wings1
terrible trade

Oh word?
Jan. 28, 2021 at 10:47 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: ZiggyPalffy
Rob Blake, you POS!!! You just demolished what's left of out blue line.... Muzzin was the best defenseman on our team right now.

This deal worked out very well for the leafs thank you. To be honest with LA rebuilding not terrible for them either.

Quoting: The_Architect
Lol! Blake just guaranteed you Hughes! That's HUGE. And a 2nd 1st rnd pick. Dude TO is getting bounced in the 1st rnd...Again lol

Hughes (assuming you mean jack) plays for the devils. I wish I could correct you on that leafs comment but you were right neutral
capfriendlyaccount liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 10:58 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
This deal worked out very well for the leafs thank you. To be honest with LA rebuilding not terrible for them either.

Hughes (assuming you mean jack) plays for the devils. I wish I could correct you on that leafs comment but you were right neutral

Get a life kid no one cares about this anymore.

Save the "I told you so" stuff for people who care
Jan. 28, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Go leafs go
Get a life kid no one cares about this anymore.

Save the "I told you so" stuff for people who care

Jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Just ignore it then, no need to be rude.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 11:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
Jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Just ignore it then, no need to be rude.

My apologies, too many people on here like to do that and it drives me crazy.

I'm glad you like Muzzin, we misused him. I loved what he did to Tkachuk the other night.

Durzi sucks, Grundstrom could still be a bust but looking good atm, and hopefully Bjornfot can turn into the long awaited 1LD partner Doughty hasn't had since Robyn Regehr. If he doesn't turn into that, Leafs won this trade.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 11:17 p.m.
Go leafs go
My apologies, too many people on here like to do that and it drives me crazy.

I'm glad you like Muzzin, we misused him. I loved what he did to Tkachuk the other night.

Durzi sucks, Grundstrom could still be a bust but looking good atm, and hopefully Bjornfot can turn into the long awaited 1LD partner Doughty hasn't had since Robyn Regehr. If he doesn't turn into that, Leafs won this trade.

I agree.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit