SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(PIT/FLA) - Brassard, Sheahan, and multiple picks for Bjugstad, McCann

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 2, 2019 at 12:10 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Florida weren't winning with those players. So they get the picks and whatever they can get in a Brassard, Sheehan TDL. We'll see if anything comes of those picks, but more importantly they have cleared cap space for next year...if they intend to use it.
Pittsburg does well if the two players play better than they were in Florida. And Pittsburg seems to bring out the best in guys.
Feb. 2, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Great trade for Pittsburgh!! Brassard and Sheahans contracts were gonna expire anyways. Bjugstad fits in great!! McCann can still grow a lot!!
Feb. 3, 2019 at 9:25 a.m.
As for now, I'd say this is good for both teams. Panthers can get even more when they ship off Brassard. I think Bjugstad is fairly overrated though and a lot of this rests on what kind of a deal the Pens can make with McCann next year. The guy is still young and has bunch of upside, which might come problematic with cap maneuvering if he wants a long-term deal.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:19 a.m.
Quoting: Yojimbo
Not impressed

mckaylasad.jpg

Not a bad move... but just a move. Expected more from Rutherford's trade history. Some retention on Bjugstad for all of those picks would have been in order. I wonder what Florida will get for Brassard and Sheahan when they flip them as rentals.

I think that Bjugstad is slightly over rated. People look at his size and confuse that for being better than he is.

Look at how well this trade worked out now:

Pens
Third line center - Nick Bjugstad
Top 6 winger - Jared McCann

FLA
2nd Pick - VLADISLAV KOLYACHONOK
3rd Pick - COLE SCHWINDT (2*4th flipped for a 3rd)

With both Derick Brassard and Riley Sheahan in the FA with no suiters.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 5:16 a.m.
GM67
Pittsburgh won this deal because McCann is a heck of a TWO-WAY player and has WAY MORE grit on the puck than D. Brassard who gets knocked over with the air conditioning.
Sep. 11, 2020 at 10:46 p.m.
exo2769
Hahahahahaha. Oh my. Jim Rutherford is a terrible GM. Eating half of BJ just to toss him. Jesus
Sep. 24, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
JR gonna JR lmao

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit