Forums/Armchair-GM

Jets Trade Deadline - Realistic

Created by: johnnyu22
Team: 2018-19 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 5, 2019
Published: Feb. 5, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Jets bolster up down the middle and make a move for a solid winger to add depth along the ride side up front.
Trades
CBJ
  1. Roslovic, Jack
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (WPG)
NYR
  1. Petan, Nicolas
  2. Stanley, Logan
  3. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
  4. 2021 5th round pick (WPG)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$79,322,501$0$3,907,500$177,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 6
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,175,000$5,175,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$839,167$839,167 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 6
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,333,333$4,333,333
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
That Anderson deal is a big no no.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:33 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
That Anderson deal is a big no no.

A big no-no for who? Columbus is in severe need of young talented centers. Roslovic, last weeks NHL first star of the week, is clearly every bit of that, but in reality the Jets are in a prime position for a cup run this season and would have to slot Roslovic down to the 3rd or 4th line if they get a 2C. Adding a big, strong power forward like Anderson would be ideal, even if it means giving up a good young talent in Roslovic. I guarantee you once Columbus parts ways with Bobrovsky and Panarin, they will accept the trade for the future. Also, Roslovic is from Columbus. Win, win for both teams. Columbus gets a young home town center who looks to be developing into a top 6 forward. Jets add size and depth along the right side and open up a spot for a 2C like Hayes, Staal, Johansson, etc.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
What in tarnation
Don't think Jets should move Roslovic. You can get Anderson for cheaper than that.
johnnyu22 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: johnnyu22
A big no-no for who? Columbus is in severe need of young talented centers. Roslovic, last weeks NHL first star of the week, is clearly every bit of that, but in reality the Jets are in a prime position for a cup run this season and would have to slot Roslovic down to the 3rd or 4th line if they get a 2C. Adding a big, strong power forward like Anderson would be ideal, even if it means giving up a good young talent in Roslovic. I guarantee you once Columbus parts ways with Bobrovsky and Panarin, they will accept the trade for the future. Also, Roslovic is from Columbus. Win, win for both teams. Columbus gets a young home town center who looks to be developing into a top 6 forward. Jets add size and depth along the right side and open up a spot for a 2C like Hayes, Staal, Johansson, etc.

They would much rather do something else than waste a great talent in Anderson. If they want Roslovic they would do something else. He is a future key piece.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:35 a.m.
Tspky
rangers don't want petan and stanley doesn't fit the new NHL-- he's too slow and takes too many pentalties. Replace Stanley with Samberg and Petan with Lemieux and it'd be fair. But the rangers are looking for quality over quantity. They are going to push for (although they may not get) Vesalainen or Roslovic and there really is no reason not to push for them. Especially since Nashville is also in on him, I foresee a bidding war before the deadline.
johnnyu22 and Shakabakes liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Don't think Jets should move Roslovic. You can get Anderson for cheaper than that.

Who do you suppose would be a better alternative? Petan and a 3rd?
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
They would much rather do something else than waste a great talent in Anderson. If they want Roslovic they would do something else. He is a future key piece.

Understand you point, but Jets would have to be less concerned about "future key pieces" down the middle when they have Lowry, Scheifele, Copp, Etc locked up for the foreseeable future, especially considering the move could help them in the immediate and propel them deep into the playoffs. Add size, skill, depth to an already very good team and you have something cookin'
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
MisstheWhalers

A big NO for the Jets, a team that traded for a 2C rental at the last deadline and is rumored to be doing the same thing this trade deadline is obviously gonna need a 2C in the future so trading Roslovic who's a future 2C would be absolutely moronic.
They should trade Vesalainen before Roslovic but ideally just stand pat and don't trade either.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
rangers don't want petan and stanley doesn't fit the new NHL-- he's too slow and takes too many pentalties. Replace Stanley with Samberg and Petan with Lemieux and it'd be fair. But the rangers are looking for quality over quantity. They are going to push for (although they may not get) Vesalainen or Roslovic and there really is no reason not to push for them. Especially since Nashville is also in on him, I foresee a bidding war before the deadline.

Good point! I could easily see those players being replaced with Samberg and Lemieux. Unfortunately, if the Rangers think they will get a first round pick AND a first round prospect (roslovic or vesalainen) they are going to be disappointed with what they are offered at the deadline. For a rental, picks and lower-tier prospects are what they're gonna get. Hayes is a solid 2C, but lets be honest here, he isn't going to fetch the same return "elite" rentals (Panarin) would get, which would include high end prospects.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:46 a.m.
Carterman13
This is the most unrealistic trade ever. Jets have said that Roslovic is off the table
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
A big NO for the Jets, a team that traded for a 2C rental at the last deadline and is rumored to be doing the same thing this trade deadline is obviously gonna need a 2C in the future so trading Roslovic who's a future 2C would be absolutely moronic.
They should trade Vesalainen before Roslovic but ideally just stand pat and don't trade either.

Not saying I would be a huge fan of parting with Roslovic, but I think it would benefit the team this season. Its hard to determine where the exact balance is, but I can definitely see Anderson being a more solid contributor in many ways during the playoffs. Just my opinion. Don't think it'll happen, but I can see reason for Chevy deciding to take either route.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:48 a.m.
What in tarnation
Who do you suppose would be a better alternative? Petan and a 3rd?

Petan and 2nd maybe.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Understand you point, but Jets would have to be less concerned about "future key pieces" down the middle when they have Lowry, Scheifele, Copp, Etc locked up for the foreseeable future, especially considering the move could help them in the immediate and propel them deep into the playoffs. Add size, skill, depth to an already very good team and you have something cookin'

Copp and Lowry will never have the offensive abilities to be a 2C like Roslovic has, trading Roslovic would set the team back a decade.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Tspky
Good point! I could easily see those players being replaced with Samberg and Lemieux. Unfortunately, if the Rangers think they will get a first round pick AND a first round prospect (roslovic or vesalainen) they are going to be disappointed with what they are offered at the deadline. For a rental, picks and lower-tier prospects are what they're gonna get. Hayes is a solid 2C, but lets be honest here, he isn't going to fetch the same return "elite" rentals (Panarin) would get, which would include high end prospects.

yeah obviously if Ves is included the 1st is off of the table-- i could see a conditional 2nd rounder if wpg gets to the stanley cup final or resigns hayes tho. rangers could even take on kulikov if it was make or break for the deal, include an expiring contract like claesson to fill the void left on the third pair
johnnyu22 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Copp and Lowry will never have the offensive abilities to be a 2C like Roslovic has, trading Roslovic would set the team back a decade.

This seams to be a bit of a stretch. Prior to the last 4 games, Roslovic had scored 2 goals this season. I guarentee you had he not scored a hat trick last game, people would be on here commenting that Columbus wouldn't even take this trade, and instead its the other way around. I understand he has high potential. I just worry about the Jets heading into the playoffs with a 22 year old centering their second line.

Things to consider -
- The second line has been wildly inconsistent with Roslovic centering them. Apart from Roslovics powerplay goals, the second line has been getting dominated 5 v 5. Laine slumping indicates the need for a more veteran center (ideally left-handed) like Stastny last year who could play a solid game and help generate consistent good play/offense.
- The Jets recognize this is their window. This year more than any other, I would expect Chevy to be willing to move 1 or 2 pieces that he wouldn't otherwise want to move in order to bolster up the roster.
- Playoffs are a different animal. Anderson plays a heavy, skilled game and would be able to play a very important role on our third line with Perreault and Lowry to become a game changer in the playoffs.

Sure, the Jets lose the would be #2 center going forward, but if its for a cup, I don't see a problem. With the impending cap situation headed into next year, Chevy will have to get creative anyways and shift some pieces around.
Do I want Roslovic to go? Absolutely not! But if thats what it takes, maybe its worth it.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
Quoting: Carterman13
This is the most unrealistic trade ever. Jets have said that Roslovic is off the table

Jets said Roslovic is off the table, Lebron said he'd resign in Cleveland, Panarin said he is happy in Columbus, etc. Sometimes in sports, the actuality of the situation is downplayed to the media. NOBODY in the NHL is off of the table for the right price (barring potentially McDavid)
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:13 a.m.
Jetsfan
There is one major reason for Rosy not to go. He is a natural center and Anderson isnt...The Jets already have two top RWers so why give up a potential center for a winger.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Not saying I would be a huge fan of parting with Roslovic, but I think it would benefit the team this season. Its hard to determine where the exact balance is, but I can definitely see Anderson being a more solid contributor in many ways during the playoffs. Just my opinion. Don't think it'll happen, but I can see reason for Chevy deciding to take either route.

Sorry I don't see how Anderson improves the Jets much now over what Roslovic does and trading a future 2C for another right winger which is a position the Jets are strong in would be terrible roster management.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: Jetman
There is one major reason for Rosy not to go. He is a natural center and Anderson isnt...The Jets already have two top RWers so why give up a potential center for a winger.

Depth Depth Depth. Consider this, Jets trade for a 2C like Hayes at the deadline. Centers become Scheifele (1C) Hayes (2C) Lowry (3C) and Copp/Little 4C. For the playoffs, the only available position for Rosy would be 3RW (unless Little is there, which is likley because I don't see him playing on the fourth Line.) With Wheeler, Laine, Little, Tanev on the right side and Ehlers, Connor, Perreault, on the left side, where is he going to play? 4LW? Why not allow the trade to happen, giving us a solid 4 centers who all have distinct roles, and a very very solid top 9 that will arguably be the best top 9 in the league. Think about the playoff potential for a 3rd line of Perreault, Lowry, Anderson. That is a matchup nightmare for any team. Even the fourth line of Copp Tanev and Lemieux would be an effective fourth line.
I understand his appeal and understand that centers are a premium in this league, but so are stanley cups.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Jetsfan
Depth Depth Depth. Consider this, Jets trade for a 2C like Hayes at the deadline. Centers become Scheifele (1C) Hayes (2C) Lowry (3C) and Copp/Little 4C. For the playoffs, the only available position for Rosy would be 3RW (unless Little is there, which is likley because I don't see him playing on the fourth Line.) With Wheeler, Laine, Little, Tanev on the right side and Ehlers, Connor, Perreault, on the left side, where is he going to play? 4LW? Why not allow the trade to happen, giving us a solid 4 centers who all have distinct roles, and a very very solid top 9 that will arguably be the best top 9 in the league. Think about the playoff potential for a 3rd line of Perreault, Lowry, Anderson. That is a matchup nightmare for any team. Even the fourth line of Copp Tanev and Lemieux would be an effective fourth line.
I understand his appeal and understand that centers are a premium in this league, but so are stanley cups.

This is true...Im talking about next year though. Rosy will be on the third line with Little and Perreault as a fast but decently skilled line. This is why the Jets want a 2C so they can do this...
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Sorry I don't see how Anderson improves the Jets much now over what Roslovic does and trading a future 2C for another right winger which is a position the Jets are strong in would be terrible roster management.

I disagree. You are acting like it would be a trade for a random player. If you happened to watch the Jets v Columbus game last week, you'd have noticed Anderson was possibly the best player on the ice. Scored a goal and played a very good possession game. He also kills penalties and is a big, fast body. Lets not forget, he isn't a rental. He is on an incredibly friendly contract that has another year of term on it after this season. Solidifies best right wing lineup in the league for the jets and buys them a solid player who can play up and down the lineup for a minimum. If you don't think that he'd bring more to the Jets this season and postseason, I just cannot agree with that. If the Jets could get anderson for someone like Kulikov and petan, I'd certainly prefer that, though!
Feb. 5, 2019 at 10:44 a.m.
Carl_Swaglin
Jets overpay on Anderson, Hayes could prob get that at the tdl. Maybe a 2nd (+?) for Anderson, Roslovic hot af
johnnyu22 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
This seams to be a bit of a stretch. Prior to the last 4 games, Roslovic had scored 2 goals this season. I guarentee you had he not scored a hat trick last game, people would be on here commenting that Columbus wouldn't even take this trade, and instead its the other way around. I understand he has high potential. I just worry about the Jets heading into the playoffs with a 22 year old centering their second line.

Things to consider -
- The second line has been wildly inconsistent with Roslovic centering them. Apart from Roslovics powerplay goals, the second line has been getting dominated 5 v 5. Laine slumping indicates the need for a more veteran center (ideally left-handed) like Stastny last year who could play a solid game and help generate consistent good play/offense.
- The Jets recognize this is their window. This year more than any other, I would expect Chevy to be willing to move 1 or 2 pieces that he wouldn't otherwise want to move in order to bolster up the roster.
- Playoffs are a different animal. Anderson plays a heavy, skilled game and would be able to play a very important role on our third line with Perreault and Lowry to become a game changer in the playoffs.

Sure, the Jets lose the would be #2 center going forward, but if its for a cup, I don't see a problem. With the impending cap situation headed into next year, Chevy will have to get creative anyways and shift some pieces around.
Do I want Roslovic to go? Absolutely not! But if thats what it takes, maybe its worth it.

Well if Adam Lowry is your 2nd line center you're not a cup contender, period. The 2nd line has never been centered by Roslovic, it's always been centered by Little but the problem with the 2nd line is entirely because of Laine's struggles not who's centering it.
I'm not convinced that the Jets need a 2C but they are gonna need a replacement for Little in 2-3 years and Roslovic is that replacement, trading him now would be so so dumb.
Who do you want to trade next season to get that 2C that everyone thinks the Jets need? Connor?Ehlers?
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I disagree. You are acting like it would be a trade for a random player. If you happened to watch the Jets v Columbus game last week, you'd have noticed Anderson was possibly the best player on the ice. Scored a goal and played a very good possession game. He also kills penalties and is a big, fast body. Lets not forget, he isn't a rental. He is on an incredibly friendly contract that has another year of term on it after this season. Solidifies best right wing lineup in the league for the jets and buys them a solid player who can play up and down the lineup for a minimum. If you don't think that he'd bring more to the Jets this season and postseason, I just cannot agree with that. If the Jets could get anderson for someone like Kulikov and petan, I'd certainly prefer that, though!

And there's always next season, when you've traded your future for easier to fill pieces well you'll quickly turn into a crappy team, hope you enjoy cheering for a garbage team.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
Well if Adam Lowry is your 2nd line center you're not a cup contender, period. The 2nd line has never been centered by Roslovic, it's always been centered by Little but the problem with the 2nd line is entirely because of Laine's struggles not who's centering it.
I'm not convinced that the Jets need a 2C but they are gonna need a replacement for Little in 2-3 years and Roslovic is that replacement, trading him now would be so so dumb.
Who do you want to trade next season to get that 2C that everyone thinks the Jets need? Connor?Ehlers?

The Jets certainly need a 2C, and Laine's struggles are certainly a product of that missing piece. Do you think it was just coincidental that Laine exploded and had an incredible 2 months last season following the arrival of Stastny on his line? Laine is not a player who creates opportunities for himself - he feeds off of high hockey IQ players who play a game that opens him up and gives him high quality scoring chances, so you should be entirely convinced that the Jets need a 2C this season. Worst case, the Jets have the EXACT same center core next season as they do this season (Scheif, Little, Lowry, whoever,) even if they trade Rosy so I don''t see a big problem. Don't think trading one player who has had one good week in the NHL is going to cause a catastrophic collapse of the Jets. Not to mention the addition of Anderson will buy another year of a cheap contract for a good player.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll