$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Look for a fight with Boston over Zuc. Honestly, I feel like Canadians need bigger, something like Kreider and/or Hayes. Not sure what Canadians are willing to give up for that though beyond a 1st rounder and mid-level prospects.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:09 p.m.
Montreal isn't trading their first. It is off the table.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Montreal isn't trading their first. It is off the table.

i think they will trade a 1st if the player has term, unless they plan to offer sheet someone in the offseason.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
i think they will trade a 1st if the player has term, unless they plan to offer sheet someone in the offseason.

Bergevin has stated he isn't interested in trading the 1st round pick not to mention another team would pay more than that anyways.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:16 p.m.
Bergevin has stated he isn't interested in trading the 1st round pick not to mention another team would pay more than that anyways.

i think he will trade a 1st rd pick if he gets a young player with term. im not saying this guy is available, but say a guy like shea theodore becomes available. i'd trade a 1st rd pick plus a goalie prospect and an ahl prospect for him
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
i think he will trade a 1st rd pick if he gets a young player with term. im not saying this guy is available, but say a guy like shea theodore becomes available. i'd trade a 1st rd pick plus a goalie prospect and an ahl prospect for him

Theodore won't become available, that is the thing, and I don't believe Bergevin is going to pay as much as a team trying to win now to acquire him.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Theodore won't become available, that is the thing, and I don't believe Bergevin is going to pay as much as a team trying to win now to acquire him.

pretty sure he would bud. we're already drafting in the 20's and if we keep winning, it'll be late 20's. if a left shot d becomes available whom is young, and under term, why wouldnt u trade a 1st rd pick for him.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.
pretty sure he would bud. we're already drafting in the 20's and if we keep winning, it'll be late 20's. if a left shot d becomes available whom is young, and under term, why wouldnt u trade a 1st rd pick for him.

Bergevin has really emphasized in building through the draft. Like I said above, Bergevin isn't going to pay what the teams are asking in today's market. Nashville paid a 2nd rounder for a really good 4th line center wheras Bergevin was willing to trade down 15 selections in the draft to get a 4th line center. Apply that to pretty much every trade scenario and you will see the truth!
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:25 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

If Theodore or any similar LHD became available they'll probably cost more then a 1st, a goalie prospect and an AHL prospect.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:25 p.m.
Bergevin has really emphasized in building through the draft. Like I said above, Bergevin isn't going to pay what the teams are asking in today's market. Nashville paid a 2nd rounder for a really good 4th line center wheras Bergevin was willing to trade down 15 selections in the draft to get a 4th line center. Apply that to pretty much every trade scenario and you will see the truth!

ur not getting my point lol. at the right place u can trade a 1st rd pick. because that player helps u now and in the future. yes he has emphasized building through the draft and thats what he's done in the past 2 years and will prob do nex year as well. but if a guy is out there for the right price, i bet you 100% he'd trade a 1st rd pick for him. he has 2 1st rd picks coming up in poehling and suzuki, both with top 6 potential.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
If Theodore or any similar LHD became available they'll probably cost more then a 1st, a goalie prospect and an AHL prospect.

buddy read what i said, and re-read what i said. im not saying thats his value, im saying that this is the type of trade we should be willing to make.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
ur not getting my point lol. at the right place u can trade a 1st rd pick. because that player helps u now and in the future. yes he has emphasized building through the draft and thats what he's done in the past 2 years and will prob do nex year as well. but if a guy is out there for the right price, i bet you 100% he'd trade a 1st rd pick for him. he has 2 1st rd picks coming up in poehling and suzuki, both with top 6 potential.

You are failing to see my point. If there is a player out there for the right price, another team is going to jump on it and overpay whatever Bergevin is willing to pay. If he's really that good, A win-now team will pay a 1st + a top prospect for him. It's just how it works. There are rare instances where that doesn't happen, Like Skinner for Example, but more than not you end up paying Pacioretty value for him.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
You are failing to see my point. If there is a player out there for the right price, another team is going to jump on it and overpay whatever Bergevin is willing to pay. If he's really that good, A win-now team will pay a 1st + a top prospect for him. It's just how it works. There are rare instances where that doesn't happen, Like Skinner for Example, but more than not you end up paying Pacioretty value for him.

pacioretty trade was a good trade. amazing value we got for him. i get ur pov, and this type of fair value trade will most likely be made during the offseason. at the tdl, everyone overpays
HabsForEver liked this.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:34 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
buddy read what i said, and re-read what i said. im not saying thats his value, im saying that this is the type of trade we should be willing to make.

I can read fine thanks, it's exactly what you said. You said that's what you'd be willing to trade for if 'a guy like Shea Theodore becomes available'.
Guys like Theodore are gonna cost more then a package like that.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:35 p.m.
I can read fine thanks, it's exactly what you said. You said that's what you'd be willing to trade for if 'a guy like Shea Theodore becomes available'.
Guys like Theodore are gonna cost more then a package like that.

tell me he would cost more then a 1st rd pick, a prospect like lindgren and evans/fluery
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.

Remember when he said he wasn't trading Subban? Just because he said it on TV doesn't mean he won't do it.

I do believe him more now then I did before though. I think he won't trade a 1st unless its a guaranteed good young player with term.
HabsForEver liked this.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Remember when he said he wasn't trading Subban? Just because he said it on TV doesn't mean he won't do it.

I do believe him more now then I did before though. I think he won't trade a 1st unless its a guaranteed good young player with term.

He has yet to trade a 1st round pick, even when we were leading the division and planning on making a run, he has never traded good future pieces to win now. But he has stuck with what he has said, and until he goes off track, I will believe him.

Also regarding the Subban thing, He never said he wasn't going to trade Subban, he said "My intention is not to trade P.K Subban". "When a GM calls me I don't know who he's calling me about so I answer the phone. Yes, I've received calls on P.K., but I'm not shopping P.K. Subban. I can tell you that. "If somebody offered me half of their team well you've got to make it work, but it's not my intention".

He also said the Subban trade was done in a matter of days, not months. Meaning when he made the comment, there weren't any talks with Nashville.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
He has yet to trade a 1st round pick, even when we were leading the division and planning on making a run, he has never traded good future pieces to win now. But he has stuck with what he has said, and until he goes off track, I will believe him.

Also regarding the Subban thing, He never said he wasn't going to trade Subban, he said "My intention is not to trade P.K Subban". "When a GM calls me I don't know who he's calling me about so I answer the phone. Yes, I've received calls on P.K., but I'm not shopping P.K. Subban. I can tell you that. "If somebody offered me half of their team well you've got to make it work, but it's not my intention".

He also said the Subban trade was done in a matter of days, not months. Meaning when he made the comment, there weren't any talks with Nashville.

By that logic, if someone offers him a 25 year old top pairing LHD for a 1st and a couple prospects, you think he isnt going to do it? Come on now......... He's not trading a 1st for rental (Like shown above) or an old player with term. That's what he is implying. Offer him Hampus Lindholm and he'll trade that 1st without hesitation.

So what if the Subban trade happens after he said it? it still did it... If someone makes an offer on a 1st, he still going to listen but he is not actively looking to trade the pick. Are we seriously arguing semantics here?

I'm not saying MB will trade the 1st. Just saying that simply because he said he wasn't, doesn't mean he can't change his mind "in a matter of days" if the right offer came his way.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:12 p.m.
By that logic, if someone offers him a 25 year old top pairing LHD for a 1st and a couple prospects, you think he isnt going to do it? Come on now......... He's not trading a 1st for rental (Like shown above) or an old player with term. That's what he is implying. Offer him Hampus Lindholm and he'll trade that 1st without hesitation.

So what if the Subban trade happens after he said it? it still did it... If someone makes an offer on a 1st, he still going to listen but he is not actively looking to trade the pick. Are we seriously arguing semantics here?

I'm not saying MB will trade the 1st. Just saying that simply because he said he wasn't, doesn't mean he can't change his mind "in a matter of days" if the right offer came his way.

Depends what you mean when you are mentioning Top pairing defensemen. When you are saying top pairing defensemen, you are essential saying a top 2 defensemen (IMO) which there are very few of in the NHL. If you read my previous comments, I said that Bergevin won't be able to offer the same offers as teams trying to "win-now". It will be a bidding war he cannot win.

The 2nd part has to do with you implying that Bergevin has went back on his word. Which he has never done. He never said he wasn't going to trade Subban.

Bergevin sticks to his word. If he says he won't trade it, He won't. Until he goes against doing something he said, I will believe him.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
tell me he would cost more then a 1st rd pick, a prospect like lindgren and evans/fluery

That's exactly what I'm telling you. The package you think is enough to get Theodore is very similar to what the Leafs gave to get 1.5 seasons of 30 year old Jake Muzzin. The same package isn't gonna get you a 20-25 year old cost controlled Dman like Theodore, Nurse, Lindholm, Morrissey,etc. Maybe there's a GM out there that can be swindled but I doubt any are really that stupid other then the guy Edmonton recently fired.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:23 p.m.
Depends what you mean when you are mentioning Top pairing defensemen. When you are saying top pairing defensemen, you are essential saying a top 2 defensemen (IMO) which there are very few of in the NHL. If you read my previous comments, I said that Bergevin won't be able to offer the same offers as teams trying to "win-now". It will be a bidding war he cannot win.

The 2nd part has to do with you implying that Bergevin has went back on his word. Which he has never done. He never said he wasn't going to trade Subban.

Bergevin sticks to his word. If he says he won't trade it, He won't. Until he goes against doing something he said, I will believe him.

This is all hypothetical. You are assuming there are others offering the same or better which is no more hypothetical then another team offering top 2 dman for Habs 1st+. Its the principle of the conversation I'm driving at.

You are not MB. You don't know what rumbles around in that head of his. Maybe you are right, maybe not. No one knows and frankly he is able to change is mind on the drop of dime if he so pleases. Hence why I left it to be an ambiguous interpretation.

Simply saying he won't do something in front of the camera's, doesn't mean he can't turn around and do it and then say "I changed my mind based on what happened the past few seconds".

I don't think he will (in reality) trade the 1st. I don't think the offer needed for him to want to trade a 1st will present itself.......but IF it did. He will trade the 1st. That is not debatable.

So when people use "he said he won't trade a 1st" he is implying for a rental or an older player that won't fit the core of the team. NOT for anything.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:25 p.m.
That's exactly what I'm telling you. The package you think is enough to get Theodore is very similar to what the Leafs gave to get 1.5 seasons of 30 year old Jake Muzzin. The same package isn't gonna get you a 20-25 year old cost controlled Dman like Theodore, Nurse, Lindholm, Morrissey,etc. Maybe there's a GM out there that can be swindled but I doubt any are really that stupid other then the guy Edmonton recently fired.

well we can always acquire a good asset if we take cap dump. pretty sure we could get a guy like josh mahura from anahiem if we take on perry's contract in full (8.6mill for 2 more years) or kesler's (has to agree to move). thats what we did with armia
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
This is all hypothetical. You are assuming there are others offering the same or better which is no more hypothetical then another team offering top 2 dman for Habs 1st+. Its the principle of the conversation I'm driving at.

You are not MB. You don't know what rumbles around in that head of his. Maybe you are right, maybe not. No one knows and frankly he is able to change is mind on the drop of dime if he so pleases. Hence why I left it to be an ambiguous interpretation.

Simply saying he won't do something in front of the camera's, doesn't mean he can't turn around and do it and then say "I changed my mind based on what happened the past few seconds".

I don't think he will (in reality) trade the 1st. I don't think the offer needed for him to want to trade a 1st will present itself.......but IF it did. He will trade the 1st. That is not debatable.

So when people use "he said he won't trade a 1st" he is implying for a rental or an older player that won't fit the core of the team. NOT for anything.

in the offseason buffalo asked for poehling, 3rd overall and a another 1st rd pick for ryan o rielly. thats a trade u dont make. but say shayne gostisbhere from philly becomes available. a 1st, lehkonen and maybe brook could get the deal done.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.

This is hypothetical you are right, but I am judging it based off of Bergevin's previous history. I am assuming because 29 other teams in the league would pay 1st + a lot more if they are getting a legitimate top 2 defensemen. No team in the league is going to offer a top 2 defensemen for a 1st round pick. They are going to let every team in the league know he is available and a bidding war will ensue.

I don't believe it's ambigous. In Bergevin's history, he has never lied. He said what he was going to do and stuck with it. He told us what he was going to do and I believe he will stick with it now as well.

I don't disagree about trading the first round pick. I just don't think Bergevin would overpay more than another team. If Bergevin is going to trade his first, it's going to be for a helluva player, and if it's a helluva player, teams are going to be lining up for that said player.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 1:31 p.m.
in the offseason buffalo asked for poehling, 3rd overall and a another 1st rd pick for ryan o rielly. thats a trade u dont make. but say shayne gostisbhere from philly becomes available. a 1st, lehkonen and maybe brook could get the deal done.

Either you got the wrong info about the proposed trade or I did, because from what I understood the ask for ROR was 3rd OA and some extra either way and when that was rejected it was Poehling and another 1st (likely the LA pick from a hypothetical Pacioretty trade), which was also rejected.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll