Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 12, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.
Trade confirmed: New York Rangers - Vancouver Canucks
Trade Details
New York Rangers Acquire:
Logo of the New York Rangers
2020 7th round pick (VAN - #206 - Linus Öberg)
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Change: -$650,000
Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
Marek Mazanec · $0$650,000$200,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$650,000$200,000
Change: +$650,000
Change: +$200,000
Feb. 12, 2019 at 6:16 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Solid Backup/AHL starter for VAN. wasn't amazing for Hartford.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 7:48 p.m.
Crazy
good trade for rangers
Feb. 12, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
Isles For Life
I've always liked Mazanec even though he's been weak recently. Possible backup if Demko or Markstrom ****s the bed/gets injured and good AHL goalie.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Feb. 12, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.
What a mess Vancouver is. They could've made this deal (or something of this caliber) as soon as Demko got hurt. But because they had noone to bring up to the NHL and Markstrom got injured, they had to put in a poor DiPietro to get lit up like a Christmas tree. I’m surprised the Rangers couldn’t squeeze out more, Gorton must’ve felt bad.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.
Feb. 13, 2019 at 7:10 p.m.
Isles For Life
Quoting: CrustyPieMan
What a mess Vancouver is. They could've made this deal (or something of this caliber) as soon as Demko got hurt. But because they had noone to bring up to the NHL and Markstrom got injured, they had to put in a poor DiPietro to get lit up like a Christmas tree. I’m surprised the Rangers couldn’t squeeze out more, Gorton must’ve felt bad.

I watched that video with Ray Ferraro talking about this. I agree with Ray, the deal would've been better earlier. I think they might've hoped DiPietro would be like Carter Hart, as also said in that video. The poor guy doesn't need to be anywhere near the NHL right now and I hope his confidence doesn't take too big of a hit because of this. Always have an NHL-capable emergency goalie at the ready in the AHL for situations like this. Wish Benning would think ahead, goalie wise. Markstrom isn't as good as he thinks and Demko is just getting there. When either of them are injured, the Canucks are **** out of luck.
Feb. 13, 2019 at 9:02 p.m.
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
I watched that video with Ray Ferraro talking about this. I agree with Ray, the deal would've been better earlier. I think they might've hoped DiPietro would be like Carter Hart, as also said in that video. The poor guy doesn't need to be anywhere near the NHL right now and I hope his confidence doesn't take too big of a hit because of this. Always have an NHL-capable emergency goalie at the ready in the AHL for situations like this. Wish Benning would think ahead, goalie wise. Markstrom isn't as good as he thinks and Demko is just getting there. When either of them are injured, the Canucks are **** out of luck.

Markstrom has been carrying this team defensively. He gets no run support from the defenders in front of him and is doing his best to steal games. A goalie can only do so much when EP40 is your best defender most of the time.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.
Feb. 13, 2019 at 11:06 p.m.
Quoting: CrustyPieMan

I mean its hard to call a 7th rounder a "mess" its a small blunder for sure, but no one is saying this if Dipietro played well. I doubt any development was harmed and its a very minor asset.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit