$9,700,000$9,700,000
        RW
        UFA - 8
        Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 6
        $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $8,250,000$8,250,000
        RW
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $894,167$894,167
        LW, RW
        RFA - 3
        $5,291,667$5,291,667
        C, RW
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $741,667$741,667
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $1,600,000$1,600,000
        C, LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        $2,916,667$2,916,667
        C
        UFA - 2
        $990,000$990,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $3,150,000$3,150,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 7
        $6,166,667$6,166,667
        G
        UFA - 5
        Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
        $1,200,000$1,200,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $7,600,000$7,600,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $775,000$775,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
        $675,000$675,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $700,000$700,000
        C, LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $700,000$700,000
        RW, C
        UFA - 1
        $1,000,000$1,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
        MisstheWhalers
        Can't believe they might trade Connor for Stone, so absolutely moronic, Connor will be cheaper to sign!!!
        Is Chevy really this stupid?!
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
        Jetsfan
        Stone isn't worth that much....don't exactly mind that trade tho 7.5-8M is what he is worth...esp if he wants to play in his hometown
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        Quoting: MisstheWhalers
        Can't believe they might trade Connor for Stone, so absolutely moronic, Connor will be cheaper to sign!!!
        Is Chevy really this stupid?!

I'd do that in a heartbeat. We upgrade our top 6 monumentally for 2-3M in cap. As far as savings it would be much worse to trade an NHL ready prospect on an ELC (Niku, Vesa, Rosy, etc.)
        And if we go out and get stone paying Connor, Laine, or Ehlers 6M+ to play 3rd line it's ridiculous.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:08 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        Quoting: Jetman
        Stone isn't worth that much....don't exactly mind that trade tho 7.5-8M is what he is worth...esp if he wants to play in his hometown

I always try and go with the worst-case scenario in negotiations. This team would absolutely crush the Jets as they currently stand which is saying something. If Stone resigns for less, we can go out and lock Trouba up for a longer term and AAV.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
        Jets Fan
        This is tough. I don’t think we should move Connor but would love Stone. Don’t think it’s the right move though with the salary he will command and the age difference. I know he’s better but I don’t think he’s that much better
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
        Bandwagon fairweathe
        Trouba getting dealt without a 2 year deal or more I believe, I don’t think jets going to lose him for nothing, I would prefer a deal for stone in June and buy them a month for extensions and trades to make cap work
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        Quoting: Boggsauce
        This is tough. I don’t think we should move Connor but would love Stone. Don’t think it’s the right move though with the salary he will command and the age difference. I know he’s better but I don’t think he’s that much better

An 8 year contract with Stone expires at 32 which is probably when you can predict the start of his decline. Stone realistically signs anywhere in the 9-10 region. Kyle Connor signs on the 6.5-7.5 region. So in the absolute worst case we're paying a 3.5M gap for Connor and Stone which is realistically going to look more like 2.5M. 2.5M investment to upgrade your top 6 is absolutely worth it. I wouldn't pay 2.5M to upgrade my bottom 6 or depth but the top 6 and top pairing are where we should be spending our money.

The big difference with Stone is that he is more than 10% above the Senators' average for corsi, and is more than a point per game. He plays better offense than Connor does, and offense isn't even the best part of his game.

All this being said, if Connor is a career jet, I will still be a happy camper. But if the Jets had the cap space and Stone was a UFA the Jets would probably be a top landing spot. This trade just makes that happen.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        Quoting: Birtle34
        Trouba getting dealt without a 2 year deal or more I believe, I don’t think jets going to lose him for nothing, I would prefer a deal for stone in June and buy them a month for extensions and trades to make cap work

You'd be gambling that Ottawa doesn't resign him and that no one gives him a better offer. Keep in mind this trade is hinging on that extension. If Chevy traded Connor for a rental, this city would riot. I would still take 1 year of Trouba over anything anyone has offered. I would do Borgstrom and mid-pick for Trouba, Trouba for a lottery 1st, Trouba for Cholowski, but failing all of that, Trouba leaves and we have 6M to go sign a top pairing dman, which actually isn't as hard as that seems, given the opportunity the Jets could give.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
        Bandwagon fairweathe
        I like your creativity, but I don’t see the jets going to camp with trouba not signed beyond 1 year, and I would be surprised if stone is in the longterm plans, in saying that Chevy will surprise us this deadline with a little out of the norm, but we will see
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        Quoting: Birtle34
        I like your creativity, but I don’t see the jets going to camp with trouba not signed beyond 1 year, and I would be surprised if stone is in the longterm plans, in saying that Chevy will surprise us this deadline with a little out of the norm, but we will see

Plan B is to trade Trouba and extend Myers, but that's another thing entirely. Personally, I'd still rather a year of Trouba then a Myers' extension but I can definitely see the benefits of having Myers around. I don't know if Stone is in the long-term plans either, but I sure hope he is. He would come in and be the 2nd best player on this team immediately. And if he is it makes zero sense to keep all three of Laine, Connor, and Ehlers around. Ehlers is already signed to a bargain, and Laine is better than Connor based on the past 3 years compared to the last two months.

The very, very worst thing, would be trading Stone and not extending him, since the cost is almost definitely going to be more than the product. If we lose any of next year's ELC's I won't be happy with the TDL.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:16 p.m.
        Bandwagon fairweathe
        Quoting: TheCelt
        Plan B is to trade Trouba and extend Myers, but that's another thing entirely. Personally, I'd still rather a year of Trouba then a Myers' extension but I can definitely see the benefits of having Myers around. I don't know if Stone is in the long-term plans either, but I sure hope he is. He would come in and be the 2nd best player on this team immediately. And if he is it makes zero sense to keep all three of Laine, Connor, and Ehlers around. Ehlers is already signed to a bargain, and Laine is better than Connor based on the past 3 years compared to the last two months.

The very, very worst thing, would be trading Stone and not extending him, since the cost is almost definitely going to be more than the product. If we lose any of next year's ELC's I won't be happy with the TDL.

I hear ya, to be honest the way they play the first line a ton and the other 3 relatively the same depending on the night, I just think they should try Appleton or roslovic in the middle and possibly put little to a wing, and basically stand pat at the deadline, just please get laine away from little, I’m a fan of both players I just hate the way they play together, I would love to see Lemieux scheifele wheeler, Connor roslovic laine, pearrault little ehlers, tanev Lowry copp/Appleton,
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:56 p.m.
        MisstheWhalers
        I'd do that in a heartbeat. We upgrade our top 6 monumentally for 2-3M in cap. As far as savings it would be much worse to trade an NHL ready prospect on an ELC (Niku, Vesa, Rosy, etc.)
        And if we go out and get stone paying Connor, Laine, or Ehlers 6M+ to play 3rd line it's ridiculous.

It'll make our top 6 monumentally slower.
        Seriously in a game moving more and more towards speed trading any of our young speedy forwards for Mark Stone would be a mistake. This team looked painfully slow against Montreal, don't make it slower Chevy.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        It'll make our top 6 monumentally slower.
        Seriously in a game moving more and more towards speed trading any of our young speedy forwards for Mark Stone would be a mistake. This team looked painfully slow against Montreal, don't make it slower Chevy.

Speed's just a means to an end. If you have killer speed and it contributes to the kind of player you are that's great. Speed helps guys like Kyle Connor and Nik Ehlers put up great numbers. So does making smart decisions, having good hand, being hard on the puck, and all that other stuff. Mark Stone's means yield better ends across the board than Kyle Connor, and he does it against everyone he plays against, regardless of speed. At the end of the day, I don't really care how he does it, I'd take Mark Stone over Kyle Connor. Also let's not act like Mark Stone is Bambi on the ice, the guy can still move. If anything he reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

Aside from that, I think you're in Ehlers-withdrawal from him being out. This top 6 still has Ehlers, and Roslovic. Both of those guys are stupid fast.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 4:06 p.m.
        MisstheWhalers
        Speed's just a means to an end. If you have killer speed and it contributes to the kind of player you are that's great. Speed helps guys like Kyle Connor and Nik Ehlers put up great numbers. So does making smart decisions, having good hand, being hard on the puck, and all that other stuff. Mark Stone's means yield better ends across the board than Kyle Connor, and he does it against everyone he plays against, regardless of speed. At the end of the day, I don't really care how he does it, I'd take Mark Stone over Kyle Connor. Also let's not act like Mark Stone is Bambi on the ice, the guy can still move. If anything he reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

Aside from that, I think you're in Ehlers-withdrawal from him being out. This top 6 still has Ehlers, and Roslovic. Both of those guys are stupid fast.

I am in Ehlers withdrawal, he's hands down the most exciting player to watch in the Jets.
        I'd take Connor over Stone any day of the week. They should be looking to add more speedy players not subtract them. Look at Montreal, they turned their team into a fast club and they're tough to play against cause of that speed. The Jets on the other hand look slow, lumbering and can't get the puck out of their zone, Stone isn't gonna help with that but a smart puck moving defenseman would.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.
        Math and Sports
        I am in Ehlers withdrawal, he's hands down the most exciting player to watch in the Jets.
        I'd take Connor over Stone any day of the week. They should be looking to add more speedy players not subtract them. Look at Montreal, they turned their team into a fast club and they're tough to play against cause of that speed. The Jets on the other hand look slow, lumbering and can't get the puck out of their zone, Stone isn't gonna help with that but a smart puck moving defenseman would.

I agree with you there. Ehlers is my 2nd favorite Jet.

Outside of that we're going to disagree. Stone is excellent at getting the puck out of the zone and holding it in the offensive zone. CF% is essentially an approximation what region of the ice he spends his time active in. Stone dominates this statistic. Connor does not. There's definitely merit to keeping Connor around, his two-way game is not one of those merits. If Connor is good at using his speed to get pucks out of the zone, and speed is that important of a factor, then then why does every line he plays on give up more chances than Stone's does? Stone certainly doesn't play for a better team, or on a better line, and he certainly doesn't play against easier assignments.

Montreal is good, and as a GM it's good to nail down an identity for the purposes of making sure your players gel well. But it's more important to take the best players' available when they become available and then build from there.
        Feb. 18, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
        MisstheWhalers
        I agree with you there. Ehlers is my 2nd favorite Jet.

Outside of that we're going to disagree. Stone is excellent at getting the puck out of the zone and holding it in the offensive zone. CF% is essentially an approximation what region of the ice he spends his time active in. Stone dominates this statistic. Connor does not. There's definitely merit to keeping Connor around, his two-way game is not one of those merits. If Connor is good at using his speed to get pucks out of the zone, and speed is that important of a factor, then then why does every line he plays on give up more chances than Stone's does? Stone certainly doesn't play for a better team, or on a better line, and he certainly doesn't play against easier assignments.

Montreal is good, and as a GM it's good to nail down an identity for the purposes of making sure your players gel well. But it's more important to take the best players' available when they become available and then build from there.

Yeah we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this.
        Can debate who plays on a better line all we want but the fact that as good as Scheiffele and Wheeler are they both really struggle in the defensive zone and Connor by extension struggles too. If I had it my way he'd be back with Little helping him babysit Laine and somebody else would be on the top line. I really hope that's where Ehlers is put when he returns(hopefully he isn't traded) cause I think the top line is way better with Ehlers on it rather then Connor.

This team lacks an identity, they should build a team around speed and skate other teams under.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll