Forums/Armchair-GM

Stone

Created by: SP17
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 20, 2019
Published: Feb. 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Ideally they pay a team to take Backes contract. But if that can't be done I believe these are some players that could be moved out to create space for a Mark Stone re-signing
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,500,000
1$1,000,000
3$3,500,000
2$1,250,000
2$950,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$10,000,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
BOS
    Mark Stone
    OTT
    1. Bjork, Anders
    2. Studnicka, Jack
    3. 2020 2nd round pick (BOS)
    Additional Details:
    2019 1st round pick (BOS)
    (2nd round pick was conditional on cup appearance or re-sign)

Happens at 2019 TDL
    BOS
    1. 2019 5th round pick (VAN)
    VAN
    1. Moore, John
    Additional Details:
    Somewhere for a mid to late round pick
    BOS
    1. Gillies, Jon
    2. 2020 6th round pick (CGY)
    CGY
    1. Halák, Jaroslav
    Additional Details:
    something similar where Halak is moved and replaced with a cheap backup option
    BOS
    1. 2020 4th round pick (STL)
    STL
    1. Miller, Kevan
    Additional Details:
    Traded somewhere for a mid to late round pick and/or replaced with a cheaper dman ie. Roman Polak signing
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,000,000$79,979,167$0$1,600,000$3,020,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 8
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,666,667$6,666,667
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    RW, C
    RFA
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:22 p.m.
    Michael_Peca
    Ottawa will want more than that for Stone.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:25 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Love the idea of trying to get stone, but there are some big time problems here.
    1. McAvoys contract term. This literally never happens. Ever. Teams don’t give players coming off their elc a contract that will take them right to ufa without buying out any ufa years. I literally don’t think it has ever happened. Why? Because it’s so damn stupid. If Donnie did that he would be fired before the ink was dry.
    2. That’s waaaayyyy too much to give up for a rental. I know you want to re-sign him, but the reality is he has one year left on his deal. He isn’t coming with a contract. Other teams aren’t bidding on him as if he has a contract. He is a rental. A first, Donato, and zboril? Sure. Jack Studnicka? Absolutely not.
    3. Don’t trade Studnicka.
    4. Chara is coming back. He wants to play. The bruins want him. He’s coming back.
    4. How on earth does grizz find himself in the press box behind zboril?
    5. Krejci above Bergeron? Donato on the fourth line as a center? What is going on with those lines?
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Quoting: RobbieS
    Ottawa will want more than that for Stone.

Bahahahahahaha. That will be double the next best offer.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:37 p.m.
    for OTT to even listen to a boston offer on Stone it will require Boston top 3 prospects and 2 first, they didnt even want to trade Hoffman in the same dam conference you think they will trade their best player to a hated divisional rival....
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:40 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Quoting: athrin
    for OTT to even listen to a boston offer on Stone it will require Boston top 3 prospects and 2 first, they didnt even want to trade Hoffman in the same dam conference you think they will trade their best player to a hated divisional rival....

Okay, first off that is absolutely insane. No rental ever gets that. Second, this deal has the bruins top prospect, a first, a conditional second, and another prospect. It is about as massive as an overpay could ever be
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
    Quoting: Bcarlo25
    Love the idea of trying to get stone, but there are some big time problems here.
    1. McAvoys contract term. This literally never happens. Ever. Teams don’t give players coming off their elc a contract that will take them right to ufa without buying out any ufa years. I literally don’t think it has ever happened. Why? Because it’s so damn stupid. If Donnie did that he would be fired before the ink was dry.
    2. That’s waaaayyyy too much to give up for a rental. I know you want to re-sign him, but the reality is he has one year left on his deal. He isn’t coming with a contract. Other teams aren’t bidding on him as if he has a contract. He is a rental. A first, Donato, and zboril? Sure. Jack Studnicka? Absolutely not.
    4. Chara is coming back. He wants to play. The bruins want him. He’s coming back.
    5. Krejci above Bergeron? Donato on the fourth line as a center? What is going on with those lines?

I didn't put much effort into contacts and term because it is dependant on so many things that are impossible to predict without being in the conversation. More so just picked an AAV that I think they could work a deal out at with Mcavoy and Carlo. Also didn't put thought into lines as coaches switch them around all the time. Those would just be my assumed top 6 forwards, bottom 8 forwards, top 4 dmen, and bottom 3 dmen. Chara coming back will of course would make this next to impossible without moving Krecji, Backes, or Krug. I know Chara wants to play and the bruins want him but if Stone wants to re-sign and the only way to do that is by not bringing back a 42 year old Chara for one more season I think its possible, also possible that they'd move Krug to make that work considering he's the easiest to move out of the three mentioned. I don't think the price is too high, maybe you are able to get him without Studnicka or Vaakanainen but I don't think so.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Quoting: SP17
    I didn't put much effort into contacts and term because it is dependant on so many things that are impossible to predict without being in the conversation. More so just picked an AAV that I think they could work a deal out at with Mcavoy and Carlo. Also didn't put thought into lines as coaches switch them around all the time. Those would just be my assumed top 6 forwards, bottom 8 forwards, top 4 dmen, and bottom 3 dmen. Chara coming back will of course would make this next to impossible without moving Krecji, Backes, or Krug. I know Chara wants to play and the bruins want him but if Stone wants to re-sign and the only way to do that is by not bringing back a 42 year old Chara for one more season I think its possible, also possible that they'd move Krug to make that work considering he's the easiest to move out of the three mentioned. I don't think the price is too high, maybe you are able to get him without Studnicka or Vaakanainen but I don't think so.

Of course you can get him for less. He. Is. A. Rental. That kind of price for a rental is unprecedented in the cap era
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
    Of course you can get him for less. He. Is. A. Rental. That kind of price for a rental is unprecedented in the cap era

A rental with Stone's ability is unprecedented. Also the reports that Boston will be "All in on Stone" if he's available make me believe they will give up one of Studnicka or Vaakanainen in the deal. I wouldn't be shocked to see it include something like Donato, Bjork, 1st rounder + conditionals instead but I see Ottawa wanting one of the top 2 prospects as they'll probably get a top end prospect from someone. I think a package from NSH would be Tolvanen, 1st round pick + B prospect for Stone which in my opinion would beat out almost anything Boston offers that doesn't include Studnicka or Vaakanienen
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    A rental with Stone's ability is unprecedented. Also the reports that Boston will be "All in on Stone" if he's available make me believe they will give up one of Studnicka or Vaakanainen in the deal. I wouldn't be shocked to see it include something like Donato, Bjork, 1st rounder + conditionals instead but I see Ottawa wanting one of the top 2 prospects as they'll probably get a top end prospect from someone. I think a package from NSH would be Tolvanen, 1st round pick + B prospect for Stone which in my opinion would beat out almost anything Boston offers that doesn't include Studnicka or Vaakanienen

The report is from brooks, so there is no report. That guy has no credibility. Literally none.

Better players than stone have moved at the deadline. Hossa, kovalchuk, etc. this package is thoroughly unprecedented. A reasonable package would be a first, Frederic, and Donato. That would likely be the best offer they get.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:11 p.m.

It actually just did happen & read something today that this might be the blueprint moving forward for some players (McAvoy in particular). It can be beneficial for teams and players...

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/auston-matthews
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Quoting: Propeller09
    It actually just did happen & read something today that this might be the blueprint moving forward for some players (McAvoy in particular). It can be beneficial for teams and players...

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/auston-matthews

It buys out a year of ufa.

McAvoys 5 year deal would buy out 0 ufa years.

It has never happened
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
    Pop Pop
    if I was Ottawa id ask for a lot to. hes arguable the best player to hit the trade deadline like this in years. costs would be atleast a 1st rounder a top prospect vaak or stud or Frederik and a roster player grz or Cehlarik maybe.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
    Quoting: athrin

This will never happen and is not worth it. They got Chris Tierney, 1st and 2nd (both low) for Erik Karlsson. That is a full season of him too. karlsson carries more value based on position
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    I like the idea of Stone to the Bruins. Don't think he will get 10m though from any team. Might be an overpayment for a rental....just thinking there isn't time for sign and trade. But wouldn't worry about any comment that "Ottawa want more". Doesn't matter what they want. There are limited numbers of suitors and this might be there best offer by far.
    SP17, SP17 and SP17 liked this.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
    Quoting: palhal
    I like the idea of Stone to the Bruins. Don't think he will get 10m though from any team. Might be an overpayment for a rental....just thinking there isn't time for sign and trade. But wouldn't worry about any comment that "Ottawa want more". Doesn't matter what they want. There are limited numbers of suitors and this might be there best offer by far.

I think the Canucks would be a team that would offer at least 10M in free agency as they have the money and the need for a winger. But ya I think Stone would be a really good fit in Boston. The price to get him will hurt.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
    The report is from brooks, so there is no report. That guy has no credibility. Literally none.

Better players than stone have moved at the deadline. Hossa, kovalchuk, etc. this package is thoroughly unprecedented. A reasonable package would be a first, Frederic, and Donato. That would likely be the best offer they get.

I actually think that Stone is a better player than both Hossa and Kovalchuck or at the very least equally as good.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    I actually think that Stone is a better player than both Hossa and Kovalchuck or at the very least equally as good.

Hossa is as good defensively as stone, or he was at that point in time rather. He was coming off a 100 point, 43 goal season. He was traded along with pascal dupuis for a low end roster player, a b prospect, a c prospect, and a first. So, half what you’re offering if that.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
    Hossa is as good defensively as stone, or he was at that point in time rather. He was coming off a 100 point, 43 goal season. He was traded along with pascal dupuis for a low end roster player, a b prospect, a c prospect, and a first. So, half what you’re offering if that.

Ya I would agree that Hossa and Stone are actually very comparable players. That trade was 10yrs ago though so it's difficult to use it as a comparable as the landscape of the league as changed. I guess we will have to just wait and see what the IRL price ends up being for Stone
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:43 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Ya I would agree that Hossa and Stone are actually very comparable players. That trade was 10yrs ago though so it's difficult to use it as a comparable as the landscape of the league as changed. I guess we will have to just wait and see what the IRL price ends up being for Stone

The price of rentals has gone down since then, as picks are more cherished
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 5:52 p.m.
    The price of rentals has gone down since then, as picks are more cherished

Tatar went for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd a year ago though I know that's not the norm. You also see teams like Pittsburgh consistently trade away their 1st. We will see though. Personally, I think Stone is going to go for a very high price.
    Feb. 20, 2019 at 6:04 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Tatar went for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd a year ago though I know that's not the norm. You also see teams like Pittsburgh consistently trade away their 1st. We will see though. Personally, I think Stone is going to go for a very high price.

Tatar was not a rental.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll