SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Pittsburgh Penguins signed Joseph Cramarossa (1 Year / $650,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 21, 2019 at 11:25 a.m.
Joseph Cramarossa has signed a new contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Standard Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Jim Rutherford
Length: 1 year
Value: $650,000
Expiry Status: RFA (Arb)
Cap % Tooltip: 0.82
Signing Team: Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPittsburgh Penguins
Signing Date: Feb. 21, 2019
Source: CapFriendly

Joseph Cramarossa signed a 1 year, $650,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 21, 2019. The contract has a cap hit of $650,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2018-19$650,000$650,000$0$0$650,000$650,000$200,000
TOTAL$650,000$650,000$0$0$650,000$650,000$200,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $715,000
Feb. 21, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
Cramarossa has been on an AHL deal and playing for the WB-Scranton Penguins the past 2 seasons. Having recently traded 2 centres for 1 (and a half, I suppose, in Bjugstad) in return this just provides emergency depth up the middle. It’s only for the duration of this season so nothing lost really, and in the AHL he’s likely not making much more than he was on his AHL-only deal (tho we can never know for sure as those deals aren’t made public usually). ??‍♀️

If anything, I think this deal is about the WB-Scranton team who are in a tight playoff race in the Atlantic Division at the moment. This basically prevents other organizations from poaching him and adding them to their team for the AHL stretch run.
Feb. 22, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: rebecca
Cramarossa has been on an AHL deal and playing for the WB-Scranton Penguins the past 2 seasons. Having recently traded 2 centres for 1 (and a half, I suppose, in Bjugstad) in return this just provides emergency depth up the middle. It’s only for the duration of this season so nothing lost really, and in the AHL he’s likely not making much more than he was on his AHL-only deal (tho we can never know for sure as those deals aren’t made public usually). ??‍♀️

If anything, I think this deal is about the WB-Scranton team who are in a tight playoff race in the Atlantic Division at the moment. This basically prevents other organizations from poaching him and adding them to their team for the AHL stretch run.
I don't think that last part's a thing, just because the player has signed a contract, period. NHL contracts don't magically void AHL contracts like that; contracts, in general, are still legally binding, so I'm pretty sure you can't just get out of it just because another organization's trying to entice you with a better offer.

I read this as more "assuming the Penguins make the playoffs, they don't have to deal with salary cap limits anymore and can call up whoever they want as a Black Ace, as long as that 'whoever' is on an NHL contract."
Feb. 22, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
I don't think that last part's a thing, just because the player has signed a contract, period. NHL contracts don't magically void AHL contracts like that; contracts, in general, are still legally binding, so I'm pretty sure you can't just get out of it just because another organization's trying to entice you with a better offer.

It’s happened a couple times this year already, actually. I’m blanking on names but they’ll come to me. Also, see this thread: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/status-of-players-on-ahl-only-contracts.2566635/

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit