Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
Trade confirmed: New York Rangers - Winnipeg Jets
Trade Details
New York Rangers Acquire:
Logo of the New York Rangers
Brendan Lemieux · $839,167$839,167$832,500
2019 1st round pick (WPG - #20 - Ville Heinola) [Conditional]*
2022 4th round pick (WPG - #111 - Noah Laba) [Conditional]**
*Conditions: Should the draft lottery render the 2019 NHL first-round selection a top-three pick, the Rangers will receive Winnipeg's 2020 first-round selection instead.

*Result: Rangers receive Jets 2019 1st round pick.
**Conditions: The pick transfers to the Rangers only if Winnipeg wins the 2018-19 Stanley Cup.

**Result: Condition not met. No pick is transferred.
Sum: $839,167$839,167$832,500
Change: -$4,335,833
Change: -$4,335,833
Change: +$832,500
Winnipeg Jets Acquire:
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
Kevin Hayes · $5,175,000$5,175,000$5,175,000
Sum: $5,175,000$5,175,000$5,175,000
Change: +$4,335,833
Change: +$4,335,833
Change: +$5,175,000
Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
Very fair return for Gotham if you ask me
Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
Jay27
Both teams get what they need. Good trade.
toque, Missouri and OvisBabes liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:59 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Honestly it's pretty fair, both teams get what they want honestly.
toque and Missouri liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
exo2769
It's a fair trade, but I'm giving the edge to WPG (and a loss to OTT...Stone's value just dropped) because I think this deal...so far...has the best value out of all the TDL moves. WPG isn't selling the farm AND they're getting what they need...a SOLID Center.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I like it for both teams.
toque liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Jetsfan
How I look at this was WPG was trading their 1st pick regardless of who it was...Stone, Panarin, Hayes etc...

With Ehlers back, Lemieux also got expendable as Maurice likes Appleton better.

For NYR, they got value back for someone that isnt re-signing(i guess) with them...unless they have a handshake deal knowing WPG wont re-sign him to get him back come July.
toque liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:14 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
on the plus side, we probably won't see another McLeod in New York any time soon. that's the best thing I can say about this trade
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:24 a.m.
Tspky
I really like this trade for the rangers-- i would've pushed for a better conditional pick and had it on hayes resigning in WPG.
Rangers can always (probably would be a mistake) sign hayes in the offseason.

NY wins because they get a good young physical forward in Lemieux plus a first rounder-- for someone they may not resign. Yes it would've been nice to add Appleton but they get a physical presence that DQ commands. Solid player in both the OHL and AHL that will stick up for teammates. He will do well with the rangers considering they've lacked grit lately and get a productive player rather than a McLeod type player.

WPG wins because Hayes is a huge center that'll play well with Laine and Ehlers. Pass first which should help Laine continue his rebound from the drought. Plus they didn't give away a top 3 prospect in Niku, Ves or Appleton
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:35 a.m.
Jetsfan
Is it just me or is the 4th rounder a wacky part of this trade. Its one of those things that the Jets wont care to give it up(it means they win a cup) and the NYR wont care, of course(they get an extra pick)....not too sure why it was added...
GeraltofRivia liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:37 a.m.
Fair deal for both sides. Happy with the trade as a Jets fan
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
As trade in general its pretty fair. However, I think NY did a good job trading Hayes. He is not competing at his potential, I mean he is still decent player, but he can be a slacker at times and it could be contiguous. Perhaps he will fit better with Jets, we will see. I wouldn't want him on my team, so NY won, I think. (get rid of Shatenkirk and good to go).
Feb. 25, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
Go Jets Go
I think that this is an extremely fair trade and exactly what I was hoping Winnipeg would do. Good job by both sides.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Math and Sports
Didn't lose Vesalainen, Niku, or Appleton. It's a good day for Winnipeg.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 1:41 p.m.
OVERPAYMENT. That first for a rental not nearly worth it.
pavelisgoat liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 1:46 p.m.
GM67
Winnipeg is a HUGE team already and they just got even bigger!
Feb. 25, 2019 at 4:55 p.m.
JetBoi
Great haul for an overpaid forward.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 3:32 a.m.
Rangers wont this huge just like the Trouba trade... Shows how silly people are who voted for Jets... Hayes ha that 3-0 goal to put them ahead of Blues but stopped his own goal from going in just to give idea how badly Winnipeg lot this long and short smile... They didn't want to pay him 7M so traded him away for like a 5th rounder hehe wink... Yet guy they traded will be a better player short/long term over Hayes for the money smile...
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
Rangers wont this huge just like the Trouba trade... Shows how silly people are who voted for Jets... Hayes ha that 3-0 goal to put them ahead of Blues but stopped his own goal from going in just to give idea how badly Winnipeg lot this long and short smile... They didn't want to pay him 7M so traded him away for like a 5th rounder hehe wink... Yet guy they traded will be a better player short/long term over Hayes for the money smile...

Well to be fair in February, when everyone looked at the trade it was a fair deal for both sides. Now going back and looking at it after everything that has happened it is obvious the Rangers won. But you can't judge the people who thought the Jets won this trade as silly because they obviously could not have predicted what happened. They were just going off of what was occurring at the time of the actual trade
Jul. 13, 2019 at 4:17 a.m.
Quoting: FlyersFan28
Well to be fair in February, when everyone looked at the trade it was a fair deal for both sides. Now going back and looking at it after everything that has happened it is obvious the Rangers won. But you can't judge the people who thought the Jets won this trade as silly because they obviously could not have predicted what happened. They were just going off of what was occurring at the time of the actual trade

I only said those who voted that JEts won were silly nothing related to those who voted it as a fair trade... "Shows how silly people are who voted for jets..." So those that thought it was a fair deal then or now I didn't speak about. I'm biased so I liked the Rangers in this trade... They were supposed to be rebuilding... GEtting a younger guy who would be RFA instead of UFA who was 1st round pick of Chicago that they signed for nothing... Media reports were making it seem Hayes wanted like 5/6M or too much money for Rangers looking at his stats/last contract... I had always wanted the player Rangers got during draft or in general... I was glad JEts had him so kinda bummed they traded him... I always thought Hayes was decent, felt he would be better than Duclair who many cried about when they traded him for Yandle...

Thanks for taking time to make first post on here related to me smile. I always liked this move for Rangers then, especially now smile. I think Hayes is good though, just not 7M+ a season cap hit kinda money. I was hoping it would work out better for Jets in playoffs having Hayes... I really didn't think that helped the team that much losing player they traded to get him... Then the off season Jets had they wont have to worry about winning cup as any conditions on a trade for a while smile.

I read this a bit wrong... Anyways even back then I still thought they were silly since I thought player they traded was as good/better w/ higher potential/upside than Hayes... I could see how back then people voted it to be a fair deal though. EVen now somebody can think it was a fair deal. I like Jets so wasn't happy when they traded away Lem for this dude... I like Hayes so hoped it would pan out, maybe if they beat Blues they win the cup but I Doubt it smile. Hayes was probably going to be a rental since he was due as UFA... Jets likely were not going to be able to sign him... So only way Jets would win the trade in theory is if they get a Cup or at very least retained Hayes for a decent cap hit... Given their history, how Stastny walked it wasn't probably going to happen...

I'm sorry I read the reply bit wrong to start off... It looks worse now, yet even then I think it was pretty silly to think JEts won... Those who voted Rangers or even fair deal... I can see that, since they might have thought JEts would win cup at time of trade... Yet they had to pretty much expect Hayes to walk as UFA, while guy traded is RFA making things better for team to keep. This is kind of a Boom/Bust type deal, considering how Jets lost many key players this season already frown... Thanks for taking time to reply to me of all the people on here as 1st post... Good Luck w/ Hayes on Flyers too smile...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit