Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 25, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Trade confirmed: Buffalo Sabres - Winnipeg Jets
Trade Details
Buffalo Sabres Acquire:
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
2019 6th round pick (WPG - #175 - Karel Plasek)
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: -$2,400,000
Change: -$2,400,000
Change: $0
Winnipeg Jets Acquire:
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
Nathan Beaulieu · $2,400,000$2,400,000$2,500,000
Sum: $2,400,000$2,400,000$2,500,000
Change: +$2,400,000
Change: +$2,400,000
Change: +$2,500,000
Feb. 25, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
MountRoyal514
Beaulieu can add that little bit of crazy they lost with Lemieux. Fair deal.
GMTD liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:50 p.m.
The Sabres have good depth at #5,#6 and #7 D-Man position....LOL. But Beaulieu for a 6th rounder is just a bad trade. The guy never got a fair shot here. 26 yrs old and an RFA still who could turn out to be a optimistic #4/#5 D (potential)? I think we gave him away for well..................nothing. I know someone needed to go when we picked up Montour but, I would have liked to see more in return., at least a third rounder.

Gave up an NHL level player for a 6th round pick that will likely never play a game in the NHL. 100% loss on the balance sheet of hockey if you ask me.
GMTD liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:29 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Thats exactly what Jets needed for their backend!
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:51 p.m.
Quoting: Dahlin_On_Me
The Sabres and good depth at #5,#6 and #7 D-Men....LOL. But Beaulieu for a 6th rounder is a bad trade. The guy never got a fair shot here. 26 yrs old RFA who could turn out to be a optimistic #4/#5 D (potential)? I think we gave him away for well..................nothing. I know someone needed to go but, I would have liked to see more in return., at least a third rounder.

Gave up an NHL level player for a 6th round pick that will likely never play a game in the NHL. 100% loss on the balance sheet of hockey if you ask me.

Would have probably made more sense to trade his rights in the offseason. There was clearly no market for him at this point.
Dahlin_On_Me liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 9:28 p.m.
The Jets lose in the 1st Round, too many changes usually means disaster.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 9:17 p.m.
Eichel Tower
I am really sad that Housley did not play Beaulieu more.
I may be the only person who has this viewpoint on this trade. IMO Betterall sort of promised Beaulieu that if he did not play more he would be traded. In my opinion, Beaulieu was a better option than Scandella, he is less expansive and IMO is better. I think Housley put Betterall in a bind (notice how quickly Phil was released at the end of the season) and had to keep his word to Beaulieu.
In a normal TDL teams will fight over defensemen knowing how important it is to have depth in case of injury (I remember my Sabres in 2006, five injured defensemen before the seventh game). But this year, defensemen who normally would get a third (see Mike Weber traded for a third in 2017) were traded for 5th's and 6th's. That was the fate of Nate and Jason. Nate got to play for a playoff team and Jason kept his word. That is my spin, I do not have any inside information, only observing prior actions.

Quoting: Dahlin_On_Me
The Sabres have good depth at #5,#6 and #7 D-Man position....LOL. But Beaulieu for a 6th rounder is just a bad trade. The guy never got a fair shot here. 26 yrs old and an RFA still who could turn out to be a optimistic #4/#5 D (potential)? I think we gave him away for well..................nothing. I know someone needed to go when we picked up Montour but, I would have liked to see more in return., at least a third rounder.

Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Would have probably made more sense to trade his rights in the offseason. There was clearly no market for him at this point.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 12:37 a.m.
Quoting: GMTD
I am really sad that Housley did not play Beaulieu more.
I may be the only person who has this viewpoint on this trade. IMO Betterall sort of promised Beaulieu that if he did not play more he would be traded. In my opinion, Beaulieu was a better option than Scandella, he is less expansive and IMO is better. I think Housley put Betterall in a bind (notice how quickly Phil was released at the end of the season) and had to keep his word to Beaulieu.
In a normal TDL teams will fight over defensemen knowing how important it is to have depth in case of injury (I remember my Sabres in 2006, five injured defensemen before the seventh game). But this year, defensemen who normally would get a third (see Mike Weber traded for a third in 2017) were traded for 5th's and 6th's. That was the fate of Nate and Jason. Nate got to play for a playoff team and Jason kept his word. That is my spin, I do not have any inside information, only observing prior actions.

Nawh, Beaulieu couldn't play defense to save his life. That was always his downside and continues to be this day. If only he knew how to listen to the coaches instead of everything his father said, he would've became a consistent top 4 defensemen on his team.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 3:10 a.m.
Even Jets gotta win a trade here or there like the Trouba one they botched wink...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit