Forums/Armchair-GM

Brady Tkachuk for 2020 OTT 1st Jack Hughes

Created by: tatatavares
Initial Creation Date: Feb 25, 2019
Published: Feb 25 at 5:39 pm
Team: 2018-19 Colorado Avalanche
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Hughes, Jack3$925,000
Trades
COL
  1. Tkachuk, Brady
OTT
  1. Hughes, Jack
  2. 2019 1st round pick (OTT)
Buyouts
  • Brooks Orpik: $2,500,000
  • Francois Beauchemin: $0
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Tyson Barrie: $2,750,000 (50%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
2018
2019
COL
COL
COL
OTT
COL
COL
COL
2020
COL
COL
COL
COL
COL
FLA
COL
2021
COL
COL
COL
COL
COL
COL
COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$70,525,595$0$4,695,000$8,974,405
Left WingCenterRight Wing
COL
Landeskog, Gabriel
$5,571,429
LW
NTC
UFA - 3
COL
MacKinnon, Nathan
$6,300,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
COL
Andrighetto, Sven
$1,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
OTT
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 3
COL
Kerfoot, Alexander
$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
COL
Jost, Tyson
$885,833
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
COL
Calvert, Matt
$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
COL
Brassard, Derick
$3,000,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
COL
Compher, J.T.
$925,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
COL
Nieto, Matt
$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
COL
Söderberg, Carl
$4,750,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
COL
Rantanen, Mikko
$894,167
RW
UFA - 1
COL
Bourque, Gabriel
$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
COL
Wilson, Colin
$3,937,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
COL
Cole, Ian
$4,250,000
LD
UFA - 3
COL
Johnson, Erik
$6,000,000
RD
NMC NTC
UFA - 5
COL
Varlamov, Semyon
$5,900,000
G
UFA - 1
COL
Nemeth, Patrik
$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
COL
Barrie, Tyson
$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
COL
Grubauer, Philipp
$3,333,333
G
UFA - 3
COL
Zadorov, Nikita
$2,150,000
LD
RFA - 1
COL
Timmins, Conor
$925,000
RD
RFA - 3
COL
Barberio, Mark
$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 2
COL
Girard, Samuel
$728,333
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

  • To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Who wins the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

 

Feb 25 at 5:42
#1
#NylanderTruther
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,924
Likes: 956
What
Feb 25 at 5:47
#2
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,686
Likes: 1,689
This makes no sense
Feb 25 at 6:18
#3
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1,785
Likes: 379
Even if this made sense, the avs say no
Feb 25 at 6:26
#4
Cale 4 Calder
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 2,561
Likes: 1,058
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
What


Quoting: coga16
This makes no sense


Quoting: JeffW
Even if this made sense, the avs say no


Im think he means "what if OTT gave COL the 4th pick in 2018 and kept the 2019 pick", not trading the 2019 pick for Brady Tkachuk after the fact
tatatavares liked this.
Feb 25 at 6:30
#5
Thread Starter
Big John T
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 468
Likes: 84
Quoting: Stan_Bowman


Quoting: coga16
This makes no sense


Quoting: JeffW
Even if this made sense, the avs say no


With the benefit of hindsight, now that you've seen Brady Tkachuk in the NHL. Maybe you'd rather add him to the team, I don't know if there is a comparable type in this year's draft.

If there's no question the Avalanche would take Hughes, how do you feel about only an 18.5% chance of Hughes (50.6% outside the top 3) vs. 100% of Tkachuk
Feb 25 at 6:38
#6
Thread Starter
Big John T
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 468
Likes: 84
for the record I thought Ottawa was stupid in keeping their 2018 4th overall pick at the time. It was obvious they would be worse the next year, and unable to hurry a rebuild

But it would have been interesting to see Ottawa get back their 1st round pick in a trade, before tanking and selling off all their best players. Obviously they didn't because it would have been too embarrassing, because COL is right at the edge of the playoffs and would love a lateral trade if it made them better now and because OTT doesn't care about being good until they move to a new rink
Feb 25 at 6:39
#7
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1,785
Likes: 379
Quoting: tatatavares
With the benefit of hindsight, now that you've seen Brady Tkachuk in the NHL. Maybe you'd rather add him to the team, I don't know if there is a comparable type in this year's draft.

If there's no question the Avalanche would take Hughes, how do you feel about only an 18.5% chance of Hughes (50.6% outside the top 3) vs. 100% of Tkachuk


I think I would have taken zadina still
Feb 25 at 6:53
#8
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,686
Likes: 1,689
Quoting: tatatavares
With the benefit of hindsight, now that you've seen Brady Tkachuk in the NHL. Maybe you'd rather add him to the team, I don't know if there is a comparable type in this year's draft.

If there's no question the Avalanche would take Hughes, how do you feel about only an 18.5% chance of Hughes (50.6% outside the top 3) vs. 100% of Tkachuk


You take hughes over Brady 100 times out of a 100. You take Kakko over Brady as well. They just have a higher ceiling. Tkachuk is a going to be a good one but he just doesnt have the franchise ceiling that the other guys are labeled with
Feb 25 at 7:10
#9
Thread Starter
Big John T
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 468
Likes: 84
Quoting: coga16
You take hughes over Brady 100 times out of a 100. You take Kakko over Brady as well. They just have a higher ceiling. Tkachuk is a going to be a good one but he just doesnt have the franchise ceiling that the other guys are labeled with


Even now, it's a 35% chance of Hughes/Kakko or 65% chance it's somebody worse than Tkachuk (for argument's sake), and the kicker is that Tkachuk being 1 year older is more useful to Colorado

I think there definitely was a point in time where Colorado would have done a reverse-trade at some point this season. If you wouldn't do it now, I think that just says timing is everything. This is one trade people will follow-up on years later to see how much closer, or farther apart the outcomes were
Feb 25 at 7:37
#10
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,686
Likes: 1,689
Quoting: tatatavares
Even now, it's a 35% chance of Hughes/Kakko or 65% chance it's somebody worse than Tkachuk (for argument's sake), and the kicker is that Tkachuk being 1 year older is more useful to Colorado

I think there definitely was a point in time where Colorado would have done a reverse-trade at some point this season. If you wouldn't do it now, I think that just says timing is everything. This is one trade people will follow-up on years later to see how much closer, or farther apart the outcomes were


They are already more than happy with the Duchene return without the Sens 1st round pick, it’s a big win for them already so whatever happens it’s just a cherry on top of a
Cherry on their trade Sunday
 
Reply
To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit